U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School project- helping war dogs and handelers.

Hello all, my name is Josh Bailey and I am president of my schools boys service club. As our major project for the 2007-2008 school year, I brought up the possibility of sending supplies and matierials to war dog teams in Irag and Afghanistan (We did something similar last year with our local animal shelter, and it was a great success). The other guys and our sponsor liked my idea, and only one thing is holding us back from starting the movement.
In order for us to send supplies over to military bases, we obviously need a contact to which we can addres the shipments too. So, my question is, do you guys know of any way that I can contact dog teams in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter?
Thanks in advance for any help you may give me!

Re: School project- helping war dogs and handelers.

I would be happy to help you.

roger, I sent you an e-mail, did you get it?

Josh, I didn't recieve an email from you. Contacting MWD handlers serving in hostile territory can sometimes be difficult for alot of reasons, security being one. I am sure the US Wardogs Association can help point you in the right direction. I currently support 4 handler teams and it has been a great experience. Feel free to contact me at CRLYCOTDRETRVR@aol.com

Josh
Please contact me about sending care packages to our Military dog teams. I can help you with your project.
Talk soon.
Ron Aiello
President US War Dogs Association

thanks for all your help guys, sorry I havent been responding. i have been really busy lately. Soccer season has started at my school, and I've been working at my job at a local veterinarian's office quite a bit this summer, i hope to be a dog handeler myself someday :)

I sent both of you emails a week ago, juding that i havent gotten a response i'm assuming you didnt get them, and that my e-mial is currently messed up. That being said, I'll go make one on a free account real quick and try and send a few more. The topic will be War Dogs School project or something similar.

Josh, you have one of the best resources and organizations to help you with your project in Ron Aiello and the USWARDOGS. They have years of experience supporting handler teams deployed in hostile territory. They understand exactly how to get things done. Good Luck