U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A movie called RAIN

Has anyone ever heard of a movie called RAIN? It is about the thousands of army dogs left in Vietnam after the war.

Email me if you have information. Thanks, Virginia

Re: A movie called RAIN

I would very much be interested in hearing about that movie too.

Hi Virginia
I found the movie. It is called Rain it was made in 2001, with a cast of unknowns except it does have susan dey (she was in the tv series back in the 60's the partridge family) It is about a soldier and his dog in vietnam

Hi Virginia

I watched the movie Rain, some years ago. It was on the Animal Planet. I have tried to get the producers to put this video on DVD, but it seems they have no interest in doing so.

You can find it on ebay, distyributed by a French Company with sub titles. They only prblem is that you have to have a DVD player that will play European DVD.

I purchase one and it did work on my computers DVD.

The movie did not go over very well with Vietnam dog handlers. It was not realistic. As a Vietnam dog handler myself I did like it because it told a story about war dogs in Vietnam, it was good PR for our K9's.

I WAS LOOKING FOR THE SAME MOVIE FOR MY HUSBAND AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT. HE WILL BE DISAPPOINTED TO KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ON VHS OR DVD. I DIDN'T GET TO SEE THE MOVIE, BUT HE TOLD ME IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE. HE LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT WE NAMED OUR GERMAN SHEPHERD AFTER THE MOVIE "RAIN". IF YOU EVER END UP FINDING THE MOVIE, PLEASE MAKE A POST AND LET ME KNOW. AND I WILL DO THE SAME. THANKS!

I purchase one of the video with french subtitles on ebay. It is not bad, quality is excellent.