U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
info on a dog

Hi
Does anyone have any information on a white German Shephard that was killed in Nam named King

Re: info on a dog

About the white german shepherd, probably didn't happen because the military did not accept white dogs, at least not knowingly. When I went through my dog training on Okinawa in '71 we had a white dog there that someone had dyed brown before donating him. I don't remember his name, he was assigned to out training NCO at the time. Did you get your pictures you were asking for?

Hi
How are you? No, I did not get the photos yet. I received some from some dog handlers. but I need more. The reason I asked about that white German shephard was because I found an obituary of the marine that lived in my area and it said he had a white German Shephard in Nam. In fact it says it in both obituaries that I found. I also spoke to his best friend who said he often spoke of the dog.

Does anyone know what happened to a dog named Baron in Nam. He was a German Shephard and his handler said he had only one ear left after he was injured and still continued to serve. He left Nam and is curious to find out about what happened to his dog. please email and I will forward him the information. Thank you

Jo,

We found information on 20 different dogs named "Baron" that served in Vietnam durning the War.

Can you narrow it down a little, branch of service, brand (serial number), years/years of service in country ?

With additional information the question can be answered.

Semper Fi
Perry c. Money