U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for what happened to my dog

I was wondering what happen to my dog Neosho. We served in Okinawa in the early 80s. Also looking for handlers that I served with. Semper Fi

Re: looking for what happened to my dog

Having the tattoo/brand number would be greatly beneficial. Dogs that far back are not in our computer database and what microfiches documents we have are sorted by tattoo/brand numbers. No guarantees of having any info though...

I was a dog handler and dog detrainer in the Marine Corp during World War ll The dog I adopted and brought home was BOBO serial number 330. The question I have is there any information on these dogs, and is there any way I could get a copy of Bobo's discharge papers he served with the 3rd Marine Division on Iwo Jima and was discharged June 1946. I am 86 years old and have alot of pictures of the dogs I detrained and worked with, but have misplaced Bobo's discharge papers. Thank you, Quentin Watkins

Mr. Watkins,

The officers of the Vietnam Dog Handlers Association are working with representives of the USMC in order to secure a copy, or maybe a replacement discharge for "BOBO" 330.

Your photos will be on display at our annual convention in Orlando, FL next week.

Thank you very much for your service to the Corps, and our great country.

Semper Fi
Perry C. Money
USMC MBT Dog Handler
Vietnam 1970

Thanks Perry, will wait for more information on the discharge paperwork. Jan

I have the records for C192 Neosho if you are interested.

Please contact me and I will advise you how to obtain those records.

He was put down 21 Feb 85 at Camp Butler, Okanawa

Bill Cummings Nemo Committee
http://sentrydognemo.com

Bill Cummings
I have the records for C192 Neosho if you are interested.

Please contact me and I will advise you how to obtain those records.

He was put down 21 Feb 85 at Camp Butler, Okanawa

Bill Cummings Nemo Committee
http://sentrydognemo.com
I’m looking for information on my dog a German Shepherd name Rex who went to Vietnam I believe it was 1968 few years ether way He was shipped from Los Angeles to Lanklland AFB sorry for spelling

Thank you so much for any info
Sandy Atkinson

Trying to find pictures of Rex4m83 and handlers 68-73 SE Asia Ubon any info is appreciated

Dogs that far back are not in our computer database and what microfiches documents we have are sorted by tattoo/brand numbers.

DFW photo booth rental

Neosho did great and we at Tree service Sioux City hoped that he will have great life.

I didn't know about this but I'll surely share this with my friends at waterproofing services Miami Fl

It's a good site. Keep up the great work |https://www.drywallsurreybc.com

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks drywall cracks repair near me

Any update on what happened to your dog?

Regards,
Painters Regina

I really hope that you've managed to find any information regarding your dog, if you have found any please share it with us. I think that someone from the top appliance repair in Lubbock had a service dog many years ago.

These dogs are so underappreciated in the work they do! Roofing London

Hopefully someone can help you find more info about your dog.

Packing services Toronto

Great

This is a great excellent read, Thanks for this amazing post! Window Washers

Re: Great

You may want to try reaching out to military dog training facilities or organizations, such as the United States War Dogs Association or the Military Working Dog Team Support Association. I'll share this to brisbane concreters northside for future reference.

Re: Great

So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagining it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further reading, So thanks for sharing the information. Visit this website Tejadoszamora.com

Did you find the dog? - Career Coaching Center of Philadelphia

Dear James Thompson,

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost touch with your dog Neosho and your fellow handlers from your time in Okinawa. Unfortunately, as an AI language model, I do not have access to personal records or information regarding specific individuals or pets. However, there are several resources and organizations that may be able to assist you in your search.

One option is to contact the United States War Dogs Association (USWDA), which is a nonprofit organization that supports active-duty military working dogs, retired military working dogs, and contract working dogs. They may be able to provide you with information about your dog or connect you with former handlers.

Another option is to reach out to the Military Working Dog Team Support Association (MWDTSA), which is a nonprofit organization that supports military working dogs and their handlers. They may be able to assist you in your search or connect you with other handlers who served in Okinawa during the early 80s.

I hope this information is helpful and wish you the best of luck in your search for Neosho and your fellow handlers. Miami Beach Realtors

I have been looking for a dog that is as useful as this Roofers in Huddersfield Area

Many building enterprises have repeatedly applied for financing but have been rejected. | construction factoring companies Seattle

People with the technical know-how to properly manage trees for the general public's safety are known as professional arborists. | arborist near me