Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wontcha Hep me? - 3 row pointers desired.

I do use both of them....they say in Tex Mex music that learning scales is the biggest part in learning the instrument...which you know is boring...the other link to Reyes...has a board...much like our own Cajun Acc here...there is a page that has a lot of tablatures songs...plus there is also a mp3 page so you can hear the song also....I am learning a song, which is more interesting then learning scales....they both help me...but learning the song has help me more...to getting use to the 3 row....but I like Tex Mex music...but also like zydeco also...I have the Corey DVD to help on that part..but like we all know..there is just not a whole lot of 3 row learning material for us zydeco players...........the song I am learning now goes across all three rows....I notice a pattern in Tex Mex music...they will play as much as they can going in one direction with the bellows before changing directions with the bellows....on the song I am learning..they make me hit a 2 button note on the third row instead of hitting the same note on the first row, but the 1st row note would cause a directions with the bellows....but anyhow that is my 2 cents...later gater

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!