Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wontcha Hep me? - 3 row pointers desired.

JJ,

I would be interested in seeing what Corey played for
you as well, if it's an open offer

Unfortunately, I missed attending Balfa camp this year
do wife my wife's most unfortunate medical condition.

Merci beaucoup,

--BN

You bet Sir.
Will get you what I got from camp.

Hey Dwight
link no 1.....he has a board for tex mex players...there is a tabaluture section with lots of songs...those guys plays all over the keyboard....and to learn scales go to link no 2...excellent tool...only drawback it is in spainish...but there is some english know how instructions somewhere on the net that will show you how to navigate it..I use both of them...later gater

Hi Mark,

Have you tried using that resource yourself? I have Senor Maestro software, but don't get too too much out of it. Just wondering if it was helping you.

The Tex-Mex guys do play all over the keyboard, but sometimes it's playing scales in thirds, or in sixths, but, it sounds Tex-Mex, not zydeco.

I tried to email the address on that site to ask something, and the email bounced back.

I do use both of them....they say in Tex Mex music that learning scales is the biggest part in learning the instrument...which you know is boring...the other link to Reyes...has a board...much like our own Cajun Acc here...there is a page that has a lot of tablatures songs...plus there is also a mp3 page so you can hear the song also....I am learning a song, which is more interesting then learning scales....they both help me...but learning the song has help me more...to getting use to the 3 row....but I like Tex Mex music...but also like zydeco also...I have the Corey DVD to help on that part..but like we all know..there is just not a whole lot of 3 row learning material for us zydeco players...........the song I am learning now goes across all three rows....I notice a pattern in Tex Mex music...they will play as much as they can going in one direction with the bellows before changing directions with the bellows....on the song I am learning..they make me hit a 2 button note on the third row instead of hitting the same note on the first row, but the 1st row note would cause a directions with the bellows....but anyhow that is my 2 cents...later gater

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!