Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My restoration of the beautiful, loud 1924 Hohner accordion (video and write up)

Excellent, both the box and the playing.

Lots of great music has been made on Hohners.

Re: My restoration of the beautiful, loud 1924 Hohner accordion (video and write up)

Wow. that's the sound and that playing style from the days of old i love ... and what a terrific job done by the both of you: congrats, Maestro ! - Nout

Better than new, just as it should be!
Thanks

Very cool and very interesting, Jim.

This has got to bring you close to a complete chromatic octave of accordions, low G to dog whistle.

Love it! Want one!

Excellent work. Nice to see and hear the finished project. Good on you. Keep searching flea bay and rescuing the good old boxes!

Nice work Jim, and great laid back playing.
I've noticed that you leave your pinky out of it and employ it when you want to make the box squeal. would like to get this effect into my playing but would have to re-train my fingers so that my ring finger was hitting the high end of the octave thus reserving my pinky. Is this something you had to go through?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!