Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trade a terrific and $$$ fiddle for an Acadian accordion

Save it for a M A R T I N is a better scoop

I have a nice accordion made by Andre Michot if you would be interested.

I've had three Martin accordions. "HAD" is the operative word...

So far, I've played Martin, Crown, Mouton, Gabbanelli, Hohner. But my favorite accordion has been an old Shine Mouton that I sold Jude Meche a few years back, not too pretty, but loud and smooth. I hope to play an Acadian and one of Bryan's before I croak! Lol

it seems like the violins are worth 2 accordions each. Are you drunk? @ the very least you could sell one & buy a new accordion & still have change

Fiddles are hard to sell and I'm not in the fiddle world to speak of. Besides I got a great deal on both so I have no problem selling either for a wholesale price to a guy who can really play. Money isn't everything.

What happened was I picked up a $$$$$ viola at an estate sale for a rediculous price and that paid for the French instrument. And I bought the Asa White for good money but not big moeny. If I could trade a fiddle for an accordion -- especially a D -- I'd be happy.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!