Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cleoma Falcon Created a got dam Maelstrom

Dam Boudreaux, now that's what I call a complete and thorough breakdown! If the braves of the bravenet haven't learned "Allons a Lafayette" yet from this post, then I don't know what else can be done for them. If they choose to ignore all what has been said, they will be missing out.

Cleoma does hit that "D" chord on guitar. It's there. What makes me think that Cleoma was not an accomplished guitar player was her single beat strum rhythm. Or, that might have been the only kind of guitar rhythm she was aware of in her time period. She's not doing the 3 stroke rhythm on the guitar that good Cajun guitar players play today and have in the past. She was on rhythm with her single beat style, but she fell short with being on key or on the right chord at all times. I don't think she was a genius when it came to Cajun music. Maybe she hadn't been playing guitar for that long when they recorded. I think they both weren't familiar with playing this twisted version of "Jeune Genes de la Campagne" together.

It is one hell of a conundrum of a song. Much can be learned from it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!