Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: to Jude & me

I have Bon Temps accordions in C D and Bb The wife and I are retired and travel the country in our trailer. I have played them for years at festivals and have not had any problems. They rank right up there with the big-name brand that I also have
I don't care if he makes them in Alaska they are excellent Cajun accordions with a beautiful sound!

Jack

Re: Bons Temps Accordion in Bb (Price Reduced)

To add:

I consider Jude Moreau a friend though we have not met personally.
We have had many a conversation over the years.

I bought my first and one other,Cajun accordeon from him.
Top notch in every respect and one helluva tuner.

He is one of the finest traditional builders out there, and unlike the top "famous" three.. he miters..(not time and cost cutting butts) .. his corners. His attention to detail is hard to rival.

In some ways I am glad he is considered and "unknown"... a well kept secret by those who appreciate that extra bit of quality.. I am a bit of an elitist and appreciate quality to the point that I believe "buy less and buy the best." The term "lagniappe" comes to mind if you buy a Jude Moreau box.

And Bryan LaFleur.. for a bit of a twist on a Cajun box.. and trained by Jude.. he's your man.

Ganey,

Just how "wet" is this box?.

Jude,

Could you dry this box out a bit? I mean still with a bit of tremolo , enough to tell it is still an accordeon, but not so much it is syruppy ?

And... Am I correct that with Zydeco and playing with fiddles a bit less tremolo is the order of the day?

Thanks

Jeff

jjhildrethstudios.com

PS Not all Cajun accordeons come from Louisiana

Hello there Jeff. Been a while. Good to see your post. Thanks for the flowers. You know I can tune it any way you want it. Best I remember, it's only about 10 cents wet. It's also in "like new" condition. Give me a call some time. Been too long my friend.

Jeff,
Thanks for stepping up to represent Jude's reputation. Like Jude said, it is 10 cents, but you probably know that 10 cents sounds a bit wetter on the smaller reeds than it does on the larger reeds. Overall, the box sounds great. As with all of my accordions, if you leave only the two mid-banks open, it sounds very much like a Corona.

It is VERY good condition. For the first year, I carried it to gigs, but only played one or two songs on it. Other than that, Sunday morning coffee and making videos. Here is a link to one of those.

Looks like the chicken **** decided not to respond,

If you are referring to me. Talk about chicken...Hiding behind "me"..
You are foul, rude, and a coward..

I am busy working about 14 hours a day until August 10th.
But I do have enough time to post some facts about Jude Moreau.

I also have an Italian box on order and trying to justify another purchase is a serious consideration.

I think he was referring to to "Zydecko" Jeff. It's all good my friend

Yes. I think after seeing that Bon Temps wasn't a "no name" accordion, zydeko decided not to reply. The irony is...whoever pointed that out, hid behind the wall of anonymity and used the name "Me."

Oh, well. It's all good.

Got it !

Me is Jerry L Moody and no not chicken and if you are the one that went by zydeco or what ever you are the ******* coward

Nope not me..
Sorry I took offense and let's drop the chickenxxxx act.
Ok ?

I am not in the mood for people to call me out and then tell me what I should do. If you can't read English then keep you unfounded thoughts to yourself

I am reminded of an old New Orleans traditional song that goes like this:

Dem dat know, dey know dat dey know,
Dem dat don't know, dey don't know dey don't know.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!