Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Balfa Camp: Value trade-off between cabin or dormitory?

The dorms have 10-12 bunk beds. Each person usually gets both bunks, one for your stuff and one for sleeping. In the guys "dorm" several people were shoring last year. Ear plugs may be required!

The Cabins are on the edge of the lake. If it's a good year for mosquitos, you may not want to stay in a cabin without some good protection.

If you don't like wildlife, it's best to stay in town.
Last year we had the good fortune to personally meet and greet a couple of the biggest spiders I've ever seen outside of the zoo and a frog and a newt in the bathroom.

I enjoyed the interest and excitement of waking up to see what had creeped into the bathroom each day, but I know everyone does not feel the same way... :)

DP

Re: Re: Re: Balfa Camp: Value trade-off between cabin or dormitory?

Depends what you like, I guess. My take on it is, I don't go to Louisiana to sleep. The accommodations are really only for taking a three-hour "nap" between the late-night jam and breakfast. So why spend the extra money on a cabin? The dorm is pretty rustic, but it makes for an intimate experience that is truly reminiscent of summer camp.

Henry

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!