Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beginner

I sent you an email.

Dwight

Daytona7

Try this site for beginner accordion information. Look under box lessions.

Good luck
RPr

Datona7

Try this site for beginner information. It works better if I include the web address.

www.bignick.net/

RPr

Re: Re: Beginner

Thanks Dwight and RPr. Got to learn to save stuff on CD's.

My son has two "toy" accordions, one is a First Act the other a "Child Prodigy". Here is some first hand info. Both have seven treble buttons but how they correspond to the 10 buttons on a cajun accordion is different. the first act has buttons 3-9 (1,2,& 10 missing). The C.P. has buttons 1-7 (8,9,10 missing). The first act has buttons like a real accordion while the CP has metal flapper/button combos. they break, I JB welded his flappers many times before getting him the First Act. A screaming 3 year old can make a grown man try just about anything. "FIX MY CORDION DADDY!!!" The first act is much better IMHO. More usable buttons and he hasn't been able to break it. he plays it every day, if i've got mine he's got his. I did have to replace the thumb strap on it but only cause i broke the original w/ my adult sized thumb.

Toy accordion? Dude, that's no way to start

Dude, He's 3

Dude,
Would you buy a Ferrari for someone who has never driven a car before to practice on? The concept of the Toy Accordion is to give a beginner a cheap learning and practice tool to see if they can learn to play the Cajun Accordion. I would rather spend and lose $20 on a toy then $300 to $1000 on something that I find I can not learn to play.
Who said that you can not teach an old dog new tricks? 61 and still learning as I grow older.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!