Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calling Rick Reid

David, et al,

Thanks for the kind words regarding the ComeAlongs. We are not only short a bassist, but extremely idle. I'm waiting for the paramedics to arrive to jump start us again! The problem is with the CAs is I'm just the accordion player and not the leader; so I bend my style to fit their county/bluegrass/Americana stylings. It's been a challenge to say the least as I love to play in a traditional style on the box. I've definitely brought the Louisiana influence into their mix and they've warmed-up to it.

My dream would be to put together a band much like many of you in this forum -- a more authentic and traditional sort of band that showcases Cajun and zydeco tunes. Hats off to Chris Miller; he's the genuine article!

Additionally, like several of us in this forum, I'm not from Louisiana :| but I've been very connected with the music and culture of southern Louisiana for many years. So I share the love and respect of the music and culture from the outside looking in. I'm certainly not here to toot my own horn; I've stumbled on this forum to learn more and share what I've discovered about the Cajun accordion that I love so much.

That said, I've been promoting zydeco on the airwaves here in Dallas TX for over 13 years. I've been doing a weekly one hour show on KNON 89.3 FM under the alias, "T-Richard" with The Louisiana Music Party; Mondays 9 to 10 PM, right after Leo Perron's Cajun Hour. So those of you who would like tune in via the internet, log on to www.knon.org on Monday nights and get an earful of C&Z while you make your pot of red beans and rice! I'm grateful to have found this forum and to make some friends along the way!

Diatonically yours,

Rick

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!