Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

So many of the songs...also go by other names...
anybody take the time to figure it out?

I'm pretty sure that

05 Two Step a Sidney Fourneroy - C
is Hight Point Two Step

and

07 Two Step a Will Bolfa - Eb
is L'Anse aux Pailles

Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

why would he not use a C accordion for every song?

that is just weird

wle.

oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

wle.

Re: oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

I visited Marc last Saturday morning (after getting my party on at Fred's) and I complimented Marc on such a great CD (the best accordion playing ever recorded, imho). He's such a wonderfully strange character. He was quick to say, in a very pointed way, it was time for him cut a CD that got back to the roots... "it was time to take off all the Cool Whip and get down the cake" he said. I mentioned the Eb key all over the disc and he confirmed that it has that "ol' time sound." I agree. I love to hear a Cajun box in the upper registers Eb - F and particularly wet tuned. I can smell cracklins frying and roux simmering with a sound like that!

Marc does such a stellar job on his latest disc. If you like that one, pick up another one of his titled, "Made In Louisiana." Same bare-bones accordion extravaganza.

Re: Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

Well he and a lot of other people may have thought that the songs recorded sounded better in the keys he used. I don't know as I have yet to buy it. Just my humble opinion

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!