Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'le Capitaine'

Mike;

Danny is a great guy, a man of his word. He has done some repair and tuning work for me in the past on my 'Lee Begnaud' "c" box. Outstanding quality, timely and fair priced.

While I have no experience with his 'hopped-up' Arriette; I did start out with an Arriette. The mods you described will make it a nicer instrument.

Now do as Nonc and others have said. Start saving those coins for the handmade from Danny!

Peace,
Griff

Re: Re: 'le Capitaine'

So how long does it take to be great on these things?
couple weeks at least right?

Mike

Re: Re: Re: 'le Capitaine'

A 'society' lady once heard the great Enrico Caruso in concert. Afterwards, she was back stage with many other opera groupies. She gushed praise on the great singer and said, "Oh, if only I could sing like you. I would give my life to do so!"

He responded by saying, " Ah dear madaam, you don't realize that I have."

Mike, their are a lot of 20 year over-night wonders playing these boxes. Fortunately the really good players still don't mind sharing tips and techniques with a sausage-finger guy like me.

Peace,
Griff

PS Thanks to all the pro's that stop by here and encourage all us 'wannabee's and groupies.

Re: LaCapitaine

I'm quite happy with my Le Capitaine! You won't be disappointed if you have Danny build one for you. Worth the money, worth the wait.
Craig

Re: Re: LaCapitaine

I second what Craig said. Yoyr making a good choice, & Danny is a great guy. Remember, hand made accordions will hold their value. Best wishes, Tommee

Re: Re: Re: LaCapitaine

Don't want to make your choice harder but I have been satisfied with my Acadian, Bon Tite Cajun, Cajun, Master,Mouton,and Martin plus one built by Elton Doucet. Now I don't still own them all but have had all of them at one time or another. Now make a choice. You really cain't go wrong.

Re: LaCapitaine

There are many fine builders to choose from. I happen to operate a small violin/guitar shop on the side and Danny does fine guitar work along with accordions. I felt a connection so I went with him. All handmade boxes hold their value. Save up and buy one.
Craig

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!