Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Congradulations Ganey!

Graduation in 2 weeks! As I recall, we're talking Master's degree! Quite an acomplishment! Best wishes! ----Tommee

Just got back... (happy and tired...)

Just got back to Halifax, Nova Scotia. My flight was delayed from Houston to New York, and I missed my connection. I had stay in NY last night.
Wow, what a great week this was!
My head is filled with different sounds and my hands do different twists and techniques on the accordion.
I hope I can maintain that momemtum. We finished the camp with a memorable night at the Blue Moon Saloon in Lafayette. I will need a full week to recoup the lack of sleep during this crazy (one of the best vacation in my life). This camp was worth every penny.
In turns of constructive feedback, I would that the organizers think of a system to allow more accordion players to participate in jams. Since only one accordion would play at a time while there can be as many fiddles at the same time, I found that it was always the same accordion players playing. This was unfair to beginner and intermediate (or more advance players who are less assertive in coming forward). In future years, the camp organizers should promote a system whereby several players can be participating at the same time. It could be that they alternate and do one song at a time. My overall appreciation is Two thumbs up!!. The food was great, nice weather, fantastic bands, the best of instructors, a whole bunch of fine people to meet (other participants).
I hope to go back next year.
Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!