Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Major bummer!

What a shame.

I hope you are right that something will fill the void.

-David

Re: Major bummer!

Sho'nuff is a shame, Captain Sousa. It does seem like the Blue Moon Saloon and Pat's Atchafalaya Club have picked up a little bit o' de zydeco slack, albeit from the "major players." But those venues will never have the window-fanned shotgun shack ambience that Richard's has (had). El Sido's is still up and running! It's still a fantastic zydeco club. Somebody needs to open a "strickly" zydeco venue in downtown Lafayette, if'n ya axe me. The sports bars and "oonks-oonks-oonks-oonks" techno clubs in downtown make me feel like I'm back in Dallas. Guess that's why I rarely trek down 'dere. Guess you still gotta "go to the country for the zydeco." BTW, I dodged the tornados last night. They were about 15 miles north of my house. What a light show it was...

RR

Re: Richards Club is closing....

check out www.theadvertiser.com for the story on RICHARD'S CLUB. Yes, Saturday is the last rodeo for Zydeco lover's at Richard's, a staple for the last 59 years in Lawtell.

Re: Richards Club is closing....

Here is a link to the article from the Oplelousas Daily World.

http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060510/NEWS01/605100310/1002

Gonna miss that place...saw some amazing people there. Mark

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!