Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Cajun Dancing

I have all the ones on Floyd's site..and a few more even. I've been to Louisiana several times..and have seen some of the best dancers from the UK, France, Australia and U.S. here in Europe at the Saulieu Festival. My wife has been a dance instructor..and we've pretty much seen them all and even taken lessons..

The best two to get are Greg Benusas Louisana Dance Home School..which is very well done..and is well informed as Greg did field work all over acquiring footage of dance styles to incorporate..and it is very easy effective learning.

The other, strictly Zydeco, is Mona's second DVD / VID .. "no counting" just dancing.. that's the real deal..and you can do many of the same steps to Cajun music too..

Good luck.. you can't go wrong with those two..to keep you interested and for some immediate results..

Glenn

Re: Cajun Dancing

hmm Alexander? I can see your point some but!! Im a drummer, been playing drums since I was around 10, majored in percussion in college, basically have pretty good rhythem. But dont get me on the dance floor. I look like I have 3 left feet..No, I cant explain it..

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!