Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re:: Occasional lagniappe

We'll need a bigger pot to fit them in.

Re: Re: Re:: Occasional lagniappe

Genius!

RR

Re: Re: Re: Occasional lagniappe

My daughter, 18 now, is a vegan. Used to take her to festivals, camp out, etc. When shw was about seven, we split a pound of bacon for breakfast, and used the grease to make french toast. She loved it, so I don't know where I went wrong. Oh yeah, that was the same year she saw her first zydeco band and asked me who was playing the chest piano. Oh, the good old days
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Occasional lagniappe

I've heard accordions referred to as "chest organs." I usually reply, "Whu? My heart? eEh?!"

Steve, you done just fine raising your daughter. I remember when I was 18, (circa 1982) I was Mr. Art-school-graphicdesigner-reggae-newwavepunkrocker and by golly I thought the world was all wrong. So I rebelled. I got my left ear pierced and wore a little gold stud. That'll show the world!

Same goes for vegetarians/vegans. It's a way to rebel and stand out from the NORM. In addition, most vegetarians either adopt the "goth" look, or the "hippie/rasta/granola" look, to further their "rebelation."

Very few of 'em do it for the "health" benefit. Seriously. It may sound like a GREAT colon-cleansing idea! But honestly, most of my vegetarian friends need to drop some pounds. They aren't vegans, mind you. They are cheese-loving, chocolate eating, bread, butter and egg frying "vegetarians." I love vegetarian cuisine, tempeh and tofu tastes great, but I gotta balance that with some real protein fortified critters. And that's just the whole thing, really. Plain and simple, veg-people put animals above themselves and any other humans.

Going down this path makes you spend a lot of time blocking grocery store aisles reading ingredient panels and driving restaurant waitstaff bonkers with detailed questions about "do you use lard? Is there chicken stock in this rice?" And sending back lots of entrees because there was an errant bacon bit on the salad or the scrambled eggs were cooked too close to the sausage.

I'm heading home to cook me up a garden burger piled high with maple-smoked bacon.

RR

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!