Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tab

Joe,
Camey is a wonderful songwriter, but as far as I know, he plays no instruments. The song you are referring to has been recorded many times by other musicians and at least three times, that I know of, by Camey himself. The original version featured a young Wayne Toups on accordion. The second one had a different accordion player, but I can't recall who it was, and the third version was whistled by Camey.

It is played in third position which, on a C accordion, would be in the key of F. The three chords used in the song are F, Bb and C. I am the world's worst for tabbing, but I'll bet Jude has it tabbed or could put it down quickly.

Re: Re: tab

Hi Ganey
thanks for info i have c accordion that i pratice with cheep one no name on it,i bought cabinelli king which is bflat maybe i should of got a good accordion in key of c, for cajun music what or the best keys?i'm still looking tab on hey mom. thanks Joe

Re: Re: Re: tab

No worries, Joe. When you get yourself a fine handmade, give me a shout. I may take that Gabbanelli off your hands.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!