Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Contact with Jimmy Breaux

Harlan : Many thanks. I had kept an eye on the responses for awhile. When it went far down the list, I lost site of any new responses. Thank you so much for the lyrics. When I read them they seem to jive well with what I hear on he song. I was just not confidant that what I was hearing was correct. One question. Do you know what ..... canailler .... means? It's never been part of my french vacabulary.

Many Many thanks

JL Brunelle

Re: Re: Re: Contact with Jimmy Breaux

Canailler is to play pranks.

Canailler

Canailler: Jouer des mauvais coup
T'es canaille: t'es pas fine...contradictoire, tete dure, tu fais a ta tete.

Re: Canailler

It's a pleasure to hear the cajun accent and the words like canaille not so familiar to the french we know in Canada.
Cajun french sounds more like Acadian french (not surprisingly) than Québec french.
But Cajun french sounds to me more like Quebec french than the european accents.
I hope cajun french hangs around for a long time to come, it's such a rich language.

Re: Re: Canailler

unfortunately it wont be around much longer....sure their will be a few people that will be able to speak it..but its only hanging by a thread now.

Re: Re: Re: Canailler

Yes well heureusement y en ont qui ont vraiment la tète dure. Faut encourager le Codofil et tous ceux qui enseignent là-dedans.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canailler

Bien dit. :-)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!