Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chere tout toute

I have found tabs handy for getting the basic melody into your head quicker.

They give you a start point when listening to what others are doing to the tune.

It does not suprise me that other find them less useful. If everyone's mind worked the same, it would surely be a dull world. [:))

RPr

Re: Re: Chere tout toute

could never have learnt Grand Nuit Special without tabs, although I hate using them. I have a book full of them (Eric Martin/Yann Dour) but normally get upset when I even see them. But without somebody having the patience to play it slowly for you, it is very helpful.
I'd rather hava a good teacher available to help me.

Gus

Well, after all the discussion had about tab, you didn't get what you're looking for in the first place.
I have attempted to write out tab on other songs before. When I do, I try to keep it simple, be cause there is no way I could put all the embelishment notes down on paper.
The problem with this song, Chere Tout Tout , is that , it is not a song that can be played in simple form. If we were to put it down in "tab" in simple form, it would be the vocal part, not the accordion lead. If you think about it, you'll understand what I mean. I know that still doesn't give you what you're looking for, but it may be the reason that you're having trouble finding this song in tab.
Jude

That's a good point - there aren't many tabs available

Right - whether we think that tabs are useful or not, it is somewhat moot because there are so few tabs available in the first place!

When I was a beginning musician in high school (bass and guitar), I discovered that for the music I wanted to play one of the following was true:

1) Sheet music or tabs did not exist in most cases.
2) When it was available, it was so oversimplified as to be essentially of no use, or it was just flat out wrong!

I developed my ear instead.

-David

To summarize my first three weeks with a diatonic, albeit three row accordian.

First, I have not seen tablature yet, if I have I didn't know it.

I am using several methods, the bargain of the century was Senor Maestro from Reyes Accordion (tejano mainly)website. (By,the way, can anyone figure out how to "print screen" in this program?) I also made a chart of the left side buttons, this helped.

The Savoy/Le Det DVD has also helped quite a bit. I am sure the other DVDs are equally informative.

At W***M**T I bought a Yamaha keyboard for the price of a few lessons. It is easier to follow on a piano (for me) and then use "Senor Maestro"

"Feel the music", My mentor has reminded me it ain't nothin' but a party!

Question: Except for the "cheater" buttons (the sharps, on a GCF) is a single row the same as a cajun accordion? Grizz

If you have Windows, you can make a pritnt screen by pushing on CTRL-SHIFT-PrintScrn.
After that the screen is in the Clipboard.
Now you can paste it in i.g. Word or Paint.
In Paint you can select the piece you want.
Enough about computers, I'm gonna play the accordion.

Dave, you can get a few on the links below. There are not many, and may not be what you are looking for, but may be worth looking at.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/cajunzydeco-accordion-licks/

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/CZUnmod/

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!