Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Guyland

Can't tell about the three row, but the ten button is a Bon Cajun. Larry offered to build a proper left handed one for him, but the family said no thanks, he's doing OK as is.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Guyland

Inasmuch as Guyland's playing upsidedown and backwards, he must be able to pick the tunes out by ear. It would be almost impossible for a right handed player to show him fingering.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guyland

BTW ~ We've seen him perform a few times in person and he's amazing!

The three row is a Hohner Panther. Looks like fun!

Re: Re: Guyland

About the same for me, and I ain't cute either.

Re: Re: Re: Guyland

He plays a Bon Cajun and a Panther triple. I had the real pleasure of meeting him and jamming a little with him at Buffalo Gap 2 years ago. He was just getting started on the triple back then and his uncle Jeffrey Broussard was suprised at how advanced he had gotten in just a short time. I was too. I have a great pic of him playing my triple. Someday I'll ask him to autograph it for me. And he can sing unbelievably too. Did I steal some of his licks? You bet I did.

Does he play the 3-row upside down?

They must need some ballast for him so he doesn't fall over frontwards.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guyland

yes upside down so it is hard to steal his licks! But it can be done. Seriously, he is a gifted musician and will be A Zydeco superstar. Maybe he will be the one to bring this wonderful music into the big leagues and fill arenas like Kenny Chesney. Of course there are plenty of people who, despite what they say, don't really want that to happen. These are the same people who gripe about the cover (no matter what it is)and then always complain about the music; too fast, too loud, too long, too short, too much guitar, too much piano note, not enough piano note, not enough waltzes, too many watzes, etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guyland

Out here in California, I get people who ***** because the price for lessons with Louisiana musicians is not as low as it is in Louisiana.

Whenever I want music lessons out here, its $50/hr.

Even people who supposedly love the music, just don't want to help the musicians.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!