Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Questionable pricing and quasi false representation???

Gregg, I'm not sure what you're referring to on your last comment? It's very confusing.

Re: Questionable pricing and quasi false representation???

I don't know if it's the same guy, but there is a guy on ebay that has been selling Morellis for some time by pretending to be a musical organization catering to education.

I researched the guy and it seems the only educational thing the organization does is sell stuff at a profit.

He touts the Morelli as "rare"
See link above.
At least he is only selling them for $180

DP

Re: Re: Questionable pricing and quasi false representation???

He also refuses to answer questions about his products before a sale. I've tried to file a complaint to eBay, but its like I'm staring down one of those big black monoliths in "2001".

Great Tunes, NOT!

You can actually call the store if you want. It's called "Great Tunes". You can find complaints about these guys all over the internet.
Great Tunes LLC
336 Main Ave S
Twin Falls, ID 83301
(208) 735-1343

EXAMPLE:
"This seller is the biggest psycho on Ebay. He/she also goes by the name a-deal4u.

Out of curiosity I bought a flute from Great-Tunes, and it fell apart in two weeks time. I've owned five flutes in my lifetime, and I've never seen anything as shoddy as the "German engineered" model I bought from them. The funniest thing is: Great-Tunes is offering the same model I bought -- using the same picture -- only now it's got a different fake name. Unbelievable.

Avoid like the plague! These instruments are of rock-bottom crap quality. The brand names offered are fake (like "schill"-- ha ha ha). They're all cheap imports that, if they work at all, they WILL break after minimal practice time. These are the very same cheap instruments music teachers warn parents about. They're mass-produced in Asian or Indian sweatshops to be sold by jerks like Great-Tunes -- who know nothing about music or instruments. Your local music shop will NOT repair the items, and this seller doesn't know how to repair the items, so when they break you're out of luck. Trust me: they will break sooner rather than later. If you're buying for a child, don't, because the instruments are of such poor quality that the child will grow frustrated when they can't make it sound right.

Even if you think you're getting a deal, this seller totally overcharges for shipping -- cancelling out any bargain you thought you found.

The seller is a nutjob when it comes to feedback. If you complain about ANYTHING, the seller will post negative feedback in ebay -- and the seller will outright lie. He will say anything to make you look like a schmuck, no matter how far from the truth his stupid comments are.

He is so notorious Ebay rarely applies his complaints against buyer's accounts. Ebay is so used to his insanity that they won't hold it against you if you make the mistake of buying product from him.

If you've a child who wants to learn to play an instrument, find a local music store. The only good thing ebay peddlers like Great-Tunes have achieved is the fact that stores have lowered their prices to compete with the internet. There is NO substitute for talking to someone who can really play the instrument you're buying."

More ****ing info available here:

http://www.geocities.com/yuenli_low/trombone/ebay.html

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!