Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new dvd available

Wolf Trap. June 3rd. Steve is the draw.

Craig

Re: Re: new dvd available

Steve,it's ordered.
Thanks for the work involved.

And Jon, leave David alone.

JB

Re: new dvd available

Wow, for those of you who are giving me a hard time for not knowing who Steve Riley is, I'd suggest you read the end of my post the part where I say "just kidding". Steve's someone who I regularly take lessons from and I was just messing around with him, sorry if some of you didn't catch that.

Also, the guy I went to high school with was Rusty Sanner not Steve. And btw Rick, the part about Steve ringing your doorbell while trying to learn the Waxia Special was very funny. "Gawd, I wish I could play the accordion like Steve Riley!" If only there was a film or a movie, "man that'd be great"!

Drew played that part TOO well!

Cheers! ~R!CK

Bienvenue Steve!

Hey Steve,
Now you've found the spot where the virtual die hard accordion and cajun music enthousiasts hide!
Welcome to this site my friend, and you're always welcome to throw in your two cents' worth. BTW, I've truly enjoyed your DVD (intermediate) I got at Balfa '06. À la prochaine mon cher!
Maz

Jon, although I can't play like the guy, you could have let me gloat in the glory of someone believing that I was Steve !!

Hi Jon,

I wasn't intending to give you a hard time, it's just that if I were to take your statement a face value, it's hard to believe. I was thinking to myself that this has to be a joke, and I said something to that effect.

When I read your post, the whole thing did not show up on the screen, and it never occurred to me to scroll past 20 or 30 blank lines so see if there was anything else at the bottom.

Sorry!

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!