Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Going Cajun in Austin, TX

I forgot about the Playboys, thanks for reminding me.

Of course, there is Ponty Bone and a few others that cross over towards Cajun. And for a real night of fun, Brave Combo burns up the traditional accordion keyboard with polkas etc...but we were talking about Cajun music.

thanks again

(God, now I've got my eye on a two row Paolo Soprani someone has for sale. not a cajun box for sure, but the keyboard action is wonderful and it would be fabulous for Conjunto/Norteno. I compared it to a Hohner Corona II, the Paolo Soprani is soooo much better)

Re: Re: Re: Going Cajun in Austin, TX

I forgot to mention that the Paolo Soprani is tuned in F and B-flat. Great for Zydeco of course.

Re: Re: Re: Going Cajun in Austin, TX

Make sure you check out Ponty Bone's Beltrami accordion.. it's the biz for sure.

If you found a Grey Soprani.. and in B/C or other Irish tuning.. and flat keyboard... those accordions sell for $3,500..

If stepped keyboard and in G/C or other fifths tuning ( A/D or D/G or C/F ) then worth a fraction of the other type.

Good luck-- Old Soprani's are the next best thing.

G.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Going Cajun in Austin, TX

This Soprani is red, tuned F/B-flat, non stepped keyboard. Single shoulder strap but No thumb strap, but it has a great groove along the edge of the keyboard to slide your thumb in. It sounds fabulous. I think I may go buy it today. It is only $750 and has been recently tuned by Castiglione.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!