Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gillan Family

Hi i sent an email gillan family.

Your location edinburgh

I remember the family well as we all went to St. Brides and Bernadette was either in my class or Margaret Reid’s class Six kids in our family and my brother Michael Emonds did boxing and in the Army Cadets. . All the kids got on really well in the Circuit.
Nice to think back on memory lane.

Your location Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for posting your message. As the thread is now some 5 years old I will bring it to the attention of those interested.

On another topic, I seem to recall you mentioning that your brother was in Sid McEwan's choir at St Brides in the 50s.

I am still on the lookout for a colour holiday movie Sid he made at Acharacle in 1955. See my notes on this page. I just wonder if your brother can recall other choir member names at that time.

Sid emigrated to Canada and as far as I know, died there some years ago

Regards

Ed

http://www.edwardboyle.com/EB/Cambuslang/St%20Brides%20School%20Collection.htm

Re: Sid McEwan

,Hi Ed,
Yes my two older brothers were Alter Boys and in Sid’s choir , Michael would be the one who would have written on Cambuslang website as he lives in England , Jim lives in Perth Australia. Funny enough Michael has just been in contact with one of our former Circuit neighbours who we grew up with.

I will forward your email to Michael, he has a good memory so I’m sure he’ll remember some of the names. He also does Facebook, I personally don’t do Facebook .
Feel free to connect with him Michael Emonds on Facebook.
I was just looking back as my husband George Coyle who passes away 2014 used to check the Cambuslang website out regularly, especially Meek Place where he lived during the war with his Mum at his Grandparents house while his Dad was away in Europe for five years 1940-45, then they got a prefab in Halfway when he came home.
Just a walk down memory lane.
Nice to hear from you Ed. Take care and be safe during this Covid-19.
Patsy Coyle (Emonds)

Your location Kelowna B.C. Canada