U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What happened to Rex

hope the dog is okay. thank you

I hope the dog live his life what he deserve! roofing contractors rockhampton

Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I want to write like this – taking time and precise effort to make an excellent article is very rare. roofing companies ellenton

Thanks for this! "Mold remediation Joliet il
"

Elaine D Fiore
I have come across 3 personal photos of my uncle's dog Rex, a newspaper (don't know what paper) photo captioned: It's six pairs of eyes and ears on northwest beaches during coast guard night patrol. Chuck Slager, left, carries a walkie-talkie for communicating with his station. Vergil Abbott and Rex, the German shepherd, accompany him. Both men seaman 2d class, carry sub-machine guns.
Also, I have a certificate from the War Department Office of the Quartermaster General Washington, DC to my aunt and uncle. "Appreciation is expressed for your patriotic action in donating your dog Rex for use in connection with the Armed Forces of the United States" It is not dated but has a raised seal and a number (7958) on it.
One personal photo of Rex is dated December 1942. My uncle served in WW2. I'm looking to find out when, where Rex served and what happened to him.
Sohbet
Chat
Sohbet odaları
Sohbet siteleri Sohbet siteleri