Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Justin
For you Cajun Speakers
How would you say: "Hey, get out of your room and go get your food before it turns cold. Get the hose and go water those plants. I'm going to tell on you if you don't stop that. My dog won't quit scratching because of fleas." That's all I have for now,...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 27, 2009 12:14pm
by Bryan Lafleur
To all Veterans and Servicement (and women), past and present
To Bryan, Jerry, and everyone else who has served: Thank you our freedom.
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2009 10:59pm
by Bohemian
Cajun Radio
A buddy of mine sent me this link about a radio station in Abbeville called Cajun Radio. I am listening to it right now. It's cool so far. Here is the link: http://cajunmusicradio.com/?xgsi=1 copy it and past it. Le Piquant
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2009 7:19pm
by Le Piquant
European Cajun & Zydeco Bands
I don't know if anyone else posted anything about this and I missed it, but y'all should go vote for your favorite European Cajun band, Zydeco band, Cajun accordionist/fiddler, and Zydeco accorionist before June 7th. Hope to see some of you at Raamsdonksveer this yea...
Views: 542   Replies: 27
Last Post: May 26, 2009 9:54am
by Dwight
french/english translation
A while back some one posted a site that translates from french to english, could you please post the site again Ilost my bookmark. Le Piquant
Views: 594   Replies: 34
Last Post: May 26, 2009 9:16am
by Christian
Youtube
Well, as for youtube accounts: i can't log in anymore to my youtube accounts, only once, and as soon as i want to open a sub page, i have to log in again. It's not a cookies, nor firewall, nor pop up blocker related issue, and have this going on with both Firefox and...
Views: 434   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2009 1:39am
by fiddler2007
bon cajun on ebay
check it out!!!
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2009 6:15pm
by chrispy cajun
Dennis McGee's son Gerry
Braves, Did you know .. according to Wikipedia .. that Dennis McGee's son Gerry McGee is a member of the Ventures!? I didn't know that! Of course, I'm assuming that you know who the Ventures are/were. --bn PS: If true, I was studying McGee's musi...
Views: 604   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 25, 2009 1:19pm
by Tq
"Push" songs vs. "Pull" songs
I was very dismayed to figure out the other day that all the songs I can play through, and all the ones I've taught myself (about 10 of them), are all "pull" songs (Key of G on the C accordion). Is that normal for a beginner? I've fiddled around with some "push"...
Views: 785   Replies: 33
Last Post: May 25, 2009 12:11pm
by Peer
Zydeco Dancers Take Note
Take a look this video for some slick dancing moves. Le Piquant
Views: 435   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 23, 2009 11:33pm
by Le Piquant
Chording on hte Cajun Accordion
Hello all! I was putting together some instructional aids about chords and chording on the Cajun accordion for an upcoming festival. Then I started wondering: how are musicians using chords and how do they perceive the value of chording in Cajun music....
Views: 573   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 22, 2009 11:59am
by Karl
Gene Losey ,.. U there?
Hi Gene! Nice to see y'all at the jam in Chicago. I think that all the jammers are coming together & sounding better all the time :-) What sayest thou? Merci, --BN
Views: 516   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 20, 2009 9:39pm
by Ganey Arsement
Responding to Gene - U There Below
(Direct reply isn't functioning for me, so I'll try a new post. Gene.) Yes, the Chicago jam group is alive and well. It’s an activity of our local CFMA associate chapter. Stewart Gehring leads/guides the jam. We begin mostly as a slow jam with newer playe...
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2009 8:09pm
by Gene Losey
This one is for you Jamey...
Brent wanted me to post a video of his new Bb accordion. Check it out on link three(3).
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 20, 2009 1:08pm
by randy4u
Crawfish Kings last weekend
Crawfish Kings at Storyville ( Helsinki, Finland ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njs3_yyC1xI Yours J.Helin
Views: 477   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2009 1:01pm
by randy4u
Close to the Martin story
I went to the funeral yesterday for Joel Martins dad Bryan "Smiley" Martin. I did not know him but know Joel and Jr well. Bryan must have been quite a man because there were easily 300 people at the funeral home on Sunday and the church yesterday. It was a very mo...
Views: 540   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 19, 2009 5:41pm
by Tony Broussard
Has anybody heard from...
Has anybody heard from Mellowberry? Le Piquant
Views: 446   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 19, 2009 2:32pm
by randy4u
It's a girl for Sarah Savoy
For those who haven't heard, Sarah Savoy, daughter of master accordionist and master accordion builder Marc Savoy, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl ANNA MARQUETTE, on April 8th in Paris, France.
Views: 572   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 19, 2009 1:35pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
Donne-Moi en aut chance
Hello Braves! Can anyone help me with the lyrics to the Belton Richard tune "Give Me Another Chance" (Donne-Moi en Aut Chance)? I've googled and searched the usual places
Views: 570   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 19, 2009 12:04pm
by Meloderon
l
Leslie
Thanks Chicago, Great jam
Thanks Chicago Cajun musicians for the great jam at Ventrella's. Special thanks to Stewart who set this up. Good food, good company, and great music.
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 18, 2009 10:57pm
by Leslie
Speaking of pushes and pulls
Jamey's thread got me to wondering about songs that have both the 1st and 2nd position in it, the only one I know of is the Mamou 2 step. Anyone know any others? I know some can be played in both the 2nd and 3rd positions, but can't think of any others that are pla...
Views: 614   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 18, 2009 9:45pm
by kirk jones
Not Cajun but we would let him be
Check out link #3 this guy can move a piano accordion
Views: 669   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 18, 2009 2:15pm
by randy4u
k
Karl
Slightly OT - cajun related but not accordion.
Hi Braves, I am taking a beginning fiddle class with Al Berard this summer in WV and need a recording device for music. I am looking at a Zoom H2 which I can find discounted online. Do any of you folks know of something better and not too expensive [
Views: 551   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2009 2:02pm
by Karl
Le Rêve Des Soulards ..
I love this song, and I hope to do it better justice in the future. As the British would say....I'm just taking the ***** This Acadian feels like a humming motorcycle. My dad's playing geetar
Views: 578   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2009 1:10am
by Peer
Kershaw Reunion
I thought you guys would enjoy seeing this picture that was sent to me, this morning. The Kershaws held a family reunion yesterday in Lake Charles. I was invited, but was unable to attend. PeeWee and Doug provided the music. Here is a picture of them playing together...
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2009 4:05pm
by lecajun
Ann Savoy's book and my confusion
LOVE her book. It's helped me in so many ways. But here's where I'm not getting it: For each song she's written out, in the upper left-hand corner she gives you the key and whether it's in 1st position or 2nd position. But some of them don't seem to match up to...
Views: 543   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 16, 2009 10:26pm
by Jamey Hall
stuff for the new Cajun Craze line up: repertory demo tryouts
Our band Cajun Craze stopped dead in it's tracks after the first gigs, due to an ego clash with one of it's members. I have demoed some of the planned new stuff, ths in the works now for the new line up of the band, at link website #3 above. Most material meant as an...
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2009 4:39pm
by Marc
w
WF
RVdC - Bruce Daigrepont
Bruce Daigrepont on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Uncle Willie Song: Marksville Two Step WF
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2009 9:01am
by John
r
Rusty
Very Sad News
For those who don't know, Jr. Martin's son in law was killed today in car accident on I-10 when another vehicle crossed the median and struck him head on. This was Joel's father Bryan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jr. and his family...
Views: 674   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2009 5:37am
by Meloderon
k
Kirk M
Accordion Dreams
I just read the book Accordion Dreams written by fellow brave Blair Kilpatrick. I am not much of a reader and it usually takes me many months to complete a book and sometimes I never complete the read. This book kept my interest and I completed it within a week. Than...
Views: 472   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2009 11:47am
by Blair Kilpatrick
Bon Cajun for sale
I have a mint Larry Miller Bon Cajun in "D" for sale...played very little. This is Bird's Eye Maple from the famous logs retrieved from a sunken ship under one of the great lakes. The color is much lighter than the photo suggests. It comes with a aluminum flight case...
Views: 519   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2009 11:35am
by mojavemike1
k
KirkM
Williamsburg, VA
Any braves in the Williamsburg, VA area? Kirk Menier
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2009 5:54pm
by Bruce
n
neal
Savoy-Doucet appearance (rare) in Maryland
Sorry in advance. No video or pictures available as they were forbidden. Heard the Savoy-Doucet Band in a rare Maryland concert last Friday in a lovely setting at the Montpelier Arts Center in Laurel, MD. A small space holding about 150 very attentive and apprecia...
Views: 581   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 12, 2009 8:06pm
by Jim Pettijohn
w
WF
RVdC - Donny Broussard
Donny Broussard on Rendez-vous des Cajuns Song: Johnny Can't Dance Song: Amadee Two Step
Views: 515   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 12, 2009 6:10pm
by lecajun
k
Kirk M
Used hand made C accordion wanted
Know of anyone selling a handmade C accordion? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kirk Menier
Views: 493   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2009 12:59pm
by randy4u
bon cajun in key of c for sale
bon cajun. still smells new,barely used email or call chris 337-371-7082 pics on link one and two
Views: 841   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 12, 2009 12:54pm
by randy4u
New YouTube Videos
I finally got around to doing a couple of songs that have been requested. I tried to do them at a slow enough tempo to learn from, but still get the feel of the song. Links one and two down below.
Views: 612   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2009 5:28pm
by Smeche
I got to play Leroy's John Deere Accordion
I had the honor of being invited to sit in with Leroy Thomas' Zydeco Roadrunners on Wed. and then again Fri night. I played his Jay Miller John Deere in Bb for a couple of tunes. It was a little strange playing without a thumbstrap since Leroy doesn't use one but i...
Views: 605   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2009 2:24pm
by randy4u
Mudbug Madness Fest. in Shreveport
Our own brave Rick Reid will be headlining at the big festival in Shreveport on Sat. May 24. He'll be on the bill with Wayne Toups, Curley Taylor, Rockin' Doopsie, Chubby Carrier and Terrance Simien. I know he is too modest to post it himself but I know some of us l...
Views: 534   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 11, 2009 11:18am
by chris miller
Mr. Dowell LaFleur
I had the great pleasure of meeting Bryan's dad, Mr. Dowell, this afternoon. Went in his store just to check out Bryan's work as an accordion builder. Turned into almost an hour visit talking about music,hunting,family tree's,where we lived, etc. If anyone gets the c...
Views: 610   Replies: 22
Last Post: May 10, 2009 7:53am
by Le Piquant
Bg Nick's DVD - EXCELLENT!
Excellent! I just skimmed through it this weekend, and thought it was well thought-out, well produced, excellent video quality, just top-notch. It is obviously a labor of love, and I would highly recommend it to all beginners and early intermediates. There were a...
Views: 534   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 9, 2009 4:29pm
by Big Nick
nbaWOnhLMnGSVZUgS deleted
Well, I've deleted message: "nbaWOnhLMnGSVZUgS" but it appears that some braves' responses may still be displayed. Funny thing, this Bravenet Forum --BN
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2009 11:01am
by big nick
new CROOKS demo recordings and youtube fun
hi, for those interested: the Crooks, a stringband both Peer & me-poor-self are involved with, has new demo material posted. - see "website" link#2 and "website" link#3 below. - PS we do play some traditional Cajun occasionally too, but generally perform all sorts of...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 7, 2009 3:25pm
by fiddler2007
m
mjp
Carolina Shade Tree Mini Jam
Ed and I met for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon under the shade of a tree in downtown, Greer, SC. It is the first time for me to ever see, feel, or (attempt) to play, another Cajun box besides my Larry Miller C. Ed brought his Martin C and Bon Temps D and w...
Views: 284   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 7, 2009 9:11am
by mjp
Zydeco Mardi Gras
More Cajun Comets music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-DGQKtMB4 Yours J.Helin
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2009 2:33am
by J.helin
m
Marc
16th Saulieu Cajun & Zydeco Music, Film & Food Festival 2009
Demandez le programme !! (Link#1) Marc.
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 6, 2009 1:18pm
by Meloderon
Drummer alert! Monkey Machine
Okay, so my last thread got off track a bit (apologies to all drummers everywhere). Would someone who is either a drummer or has a pretty good knowledge of the Cajun 2-step rhythm mind going to Monkey Machine [ http://www.rinki.net/pekka/monkey/monkey2.html ], and...
Views: 451   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 5, 2009 11:01pm
by randy4u
Zydeco tuning
I have a buddy of mine that would like to tune one of his accordion so that he can get that sound (dirty), I think that is what they call it. Anybody would like to tackel this one. Le Piquant
Views: 448   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 4, 2009 5:41pm
by larry english
Backdoor from Finland
Cajun Comets plays Porte en Arrière http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GIERosn0Mk&feature=channel_page
Views: 537   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2009 3:03pm
by randy4u
New Accordion builder?
Check out e-bay item 130259960879 Anyone know who this is? Reed Brand?
Views: 903   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 4, 2009 1:51pm
by Capt. Everett
House Jam in Indy with Bryan Lafleur
Just back from a cruise, so a delayed post... What could be better...cold beer, good food, good friends...old and new...sitting around playing music? Nothing, for me. A big thanks to Bryan for bringing a bit of LA to Indy. It was great for me to have a bunc...
Views: 428   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2009 5:58am
by bryan lafleur
Balfa Heritage Tales?
Hello Braves! Anyone have some experiences to share about the recent Balfa Heritage week in Chicot? Liz & I had a great time! It's always an excellent growth experience. This year, my band lab efforts were more of a supporting role, playing guitar rather...
Views: 649   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 3, 2009 9:12pm
by CB
Words for Heritage Waltz?
Anyone know where I can find the words for Heritage Waltz? Merci, Kevin Anthony
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2009 11:30am
by Marc
Playing style,GIG or Solo
I have found that when i play solo, i always play the left hand (i love the sound of the bass).When i play with a band the pressure is on to abandon the left hand and groove with the other instruments.It's really two different styles,or so it seems.As much as i like...
Views: 473   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 3, 2009 4:21pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
Joe Hall and the La. Cane Cutters
Hey Braves, check out the video of Joe Hall on the Swamp and Roll TV Show, Website #2 below. Here is some Kick A** Cajun music with NO FIDDLE! Lot's of lessons to be learned from watching this band for sure. And Joel Martin and Da Classics ain't bad either!!!!
Views: 575   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 2, 2009 9:22pm
by Jude the Obscure
j
Justin
1929 And Back
Anyone ever listened to this record by Cory McCauley, Mitch Reed, and Randy Vidrine? I'm currently digitizing it from the LP, and I've gotta say, it's a foot stomper!
Views: 421   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 2, 2009 7:37pm
by neal
Online drum machine
I don't know if this subject has cropped up before, but I just found an online drum-machine that worked pretty well for me. It's called Monkey Machine. It doesn't seem to come with instructions, and I couldn't find any, but it's not terrible difficult. I'm using...
Views: 641   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 2, 2009 10:50am
by Steve from Jerse...
A Helpful Free Service?
I hope this new message board is successful in building a bridge between musicians and bands. Check out the first website link below.
Views: 556   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 2, 2009 9:47am
by fiddler2007
Eleseu (LSU) accordion
A buddy of mine asked me to ask if anybody has an accordion painted in LSU colors he wants to have one built but wanted to get an idea of how to do it. Le Piquant
Views: 614   Replies: 20
Last Post: May 2, 2009 7:56am
by Johnny Ace
d
Dwight
Time signature for Poor Hobo
Seems like this song is listed as 8/8 in the yellow book. Is that a correct time signature, given you guys experience? Not that this will make me play it any differently, just trying to fill in details on a jam list.
Views: 488   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2009 7:20pm
by randy4u
Terri Salinas
42bg5o4tpc2iznnb uwdpbxh upphjwjt http://ytoupolvurr.com fegvqqy dpkgozz http://krksoqmrdrkp.com ieugx dgmflsay http://gawmagh.com xntge lpnthg http://jwkhhyuuzmmp.com hfuuzdr gokjfzbh http://dalmxp.com qnujwr azfvdvn http://yeulwuvbys.com kem...
Views: 336   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2009 7:10pm
by randy4u
n
neal
The Essential Early Cajun Recordings of Austin Pitre
Swallow records has just released a CD of Austin Pitre's great music. Here are notes from the insert: "Austin's only album on Swallow Records, released in 1981, was compiled from 12 songs recorded and released as 6 singles over the years by Floyd Soileau on the Swal...
Views: 572   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2009 2:25pm
by neal
r
Rusty
New Video
Guys, I know there are some who aren't fans of Wayne Toups, but I must say that he is the one who "brought me to the dance", had I not seen him playing 17 years ago, I don't that I would have ever had an interest for cajun music. Well as it seems, my journey into ca...
Views: 799   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 30, 2009 6:01pm
by Jim P.
Le Piquant with Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys
I took a little time last night and posted a you tube video I made 2 years ago with Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. I sure thought the cotton was high that night. Le Piquant
Views: 790   Replies: 23
Last Post: Apr 30, 2009 8:52am
by Le Piquant
j
JB
Les Frères Michot
Just got through listening to Les Frères Michot's new, (at least to me) album " La Caroline", and number 12 is a number called ' La Veuve du Lac Bleu'. If this album is supposed to be a CFMA secret, I guess I screwed up. Oh well! If this is not the original m...
Views: 586   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 3:53pm
by Marc
Trivia Question
What was the B side to Joe and Cleoma Falcon's "Allons a Lafayette?" I suppose it'd be the second recorded Cajun tune. This sounds like a question for Neal. Thanks all.
Views: 576   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 11:43am
by Patrick
d
Dwight
Box seems to be using more air, thought it doesn't seem to be leaking
My Larry Miller still seems to be as air tight as when I first got it (close it together, then let it hang by the bass strap, and it slowly opens, same as when new). However, when playing it, it seems to be taking a bit more air. Don't think I'm playing different...
Views: 572   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 10:47am
by randy4u
Back in CA; Thanks to Brave friends old and new!
I wanted to say a big thank you to all the Braves I've had the pleasure of meeting during my two trips south, the most recent one in Louisiana and last month in Dallas. The best part of my little "book tour" for Accordion Dreams has been the people Steve and I h...
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 9:07am
by Blair Kilpatrick
Cajun Language
I have just finished reading a little booklet titled "Psycho Therapy for Cajun" by Greg Guirard and there is this little story about a this crew from Hollywood that was filming a movie on the Atchatfayala Basin. One day while filming a stray dog appeared and that the...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 9:39pm
by JB
posting links
Since the board change, I've lost the ability to see the links people post at the top of their messages. . Many refer to the 'links above', but there's nothing there. I've switched view - didn't work. Wonder if it's a Mac issue, or a Safari issue. Any thoughts? Steve
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 1:25pm
by randy4u
Ring that Shines
Does anyone out there have a copy of the song The Ring that Shines? I have a you-tube version by Kaleb Trahan but its not a good quality. I would like to learn to play it. If anyone could send me a copy would appreciate it
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 12:39pm
by randy4u
Stewart Matte
What's the latest on you getting a jam started around Lake Charles? Hadn't heard anything in a while. Could be a fun road trip for me.
Views: 524   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 10:45pm
by stewart matte
I have lost all of my e-mail addresses a few weeks ago so if all the Braves that have e-mailed me in the past would e-mail me so I can save the addresses again that would be great. Le Piquant
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 12:15pm
by Le Piquant
A great trip to Indy
While many were heading south to Balfa, I went north to Indianapolis for a convention. I had never been there, and was really impressed by the city itself. I also got to add another fine brave to my list of new friends I have met through this great, though sometim...
Views: 497   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 8:59pm
by Le Piquant
e
Ehren
Views: 603   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 11:12am
by randy4u
g
Glenn
double clutch, triangle, and piano accordion..
Double clutch beat, triangle.. piano accordion..scrollo down to the video for a 25 documentary on FORRO.. traditional, commercial and progressive ( worth seeing..at about 22 min in ). enjoy http://mondomix.com/blogs/accordeon.php
Views: 474   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 2:45am
by Glenn
Going to Port Charlotte Florida (kind of near Tampa) next weekend
Any Braves around Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda, Florida? (An hour or so from Tampa, I think.) I'll be there next weekend, Friday night-Monday, for my mother-in-law's birthday. She really wanted us to do a bookstore event (nice to have supportive family!) and...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 10:38pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
Back from Balfa
Wish i could have stayed, but got to meet and play with many braves.What a bunch of nice guys and great musicians.Mark, if you read this,that was cruel to let me play your Falcon and then want it back P.S.I know were you live.
Views: 619   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 9:24pm
by wingingit
New Forum location?
Looks like Brevnet changed the location of the Forum to: http://pub21.bravenet.com/forum/1722942123/ I don't know any details & I'm "on the road" at present so my web access is limited. Dwight, did you have a Facebook page for accordion players? Could you post a...
Views: 626   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 3:08pm
by Andy
j
JB
Back to Normal?
Seems Like Old Times. About 99.5% return to what we're used to. Halleluja! JB
Views: 623   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 2:28pm
by Le Piquant
Pine Leaf & Jeffery Broussard are back ..
Just a note of update .. Courtney says that their journey to Saudi Arabia went very well, they were treated with respect, were very well received and they had a great time! (Imagine that!) Meanwhile, Jeffery Broussard's band has returned from an "Ivory C...
Views: 479   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 1:52pm
by randy4u
For Rick...
Check your email when you get a chance... R!CK
Views: 453   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 23, 2009 8:51pm
by Dwight
g
Glenn
Mint Larry Miller Bb mic'd for sale
Have a mint Larry Miller Curly maple in Bb for sale with pro internal mic ( 250 euros professionally installed ).. with case.. offers before eBay.. Literally like new. The box is in Italy.. am looking for 1,500 euros shipping included.
Views: 462   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2009 8:30am
by Glenn
Box Trouble
Since it's rather slow here on the ol' Box Forum, here's a handy list I created a while back to reference issues you may experience with Cajun accordions...~R!~ Acmepuncture - A mysterious hole found in the bellows of an Acme Vulgaris. Acme Vulgaris - An inferi...
Views: 646   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 11:15pm
by Rick Reid
a
Andy W
My Master accordion in Bb on e-bay.
I have a Charlie Oretego Master box in Bb. Time to move it on. I have posted it on e-bay - see what happens. I admit I hardly ever use it - I have a C and a D box - both I use every day. I'm not in a band and when I go to regular jam sessions it's invariably alway...
Views: 1205   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 8:35pm
by Freeman Nunez
Lyrics to the following songs
Would anyone know have the lyrics to the following songs. "Hack a` Moreau", "Chere Toute Toute", "Je suis pas a blamer (I am not to blame)". These are some of my favorite songs and I am trying to learn them. If so can you post or email me at lorenzo238@yahoo.com. Thanks
Views: 383   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 1:57pm
by Le Piquant
Old members come on back its not that bad
I have gone back as far as 2005 to read some of the posts because there are so few new ones going on here now. I cant believe how many of you have been members here for such a long time. I even ran across some Martin accordion posts back in 2005. Why would you all...
Views: 555   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 11:17am
by Rick Reid
w
WF
Chatting now on Cajun accordion book
All those just loggin in.... Right now, we're using the 'Chat' feature at the cajunaccordion.ning.com. Come join us. See ya online. WF
Views: 619   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 2:51pm
by MarkS
p
Peer
improvements
Not a day passes without me checking this forum. So I'm glad things are getting better. Bravenet must have seen the light finally: - The lettering is much better now (not those flimsy letters we had for weeks) - The already opened posts are showing in red now! fi...
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 12:29pm
by randy4u
T.V. next week
Hey Braves. My Zydeco band will be on the "Cupid" episode next week, Tues. Apr. 28 on ABC at 10 pm EST. We filmed it back in Nov. and if the series lasts until next week our episode will get aired. We played to canned tracks as that is the way they do it in TV lan...
Views: 435   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 11:59am
by Rick Reid
Ganey, your student is in our
Ganey, We're doing band lab again at Balfa Heritage Week. (I just wouldn't be getting my money's worth if I didn't!) Peter assembled our band on our behalf (as they do at Balfa). Turns out, we got four accordion players so I decided to play guitar. On...
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 7:05pm
by Ganey Arsement
Reduction in posting
Is it just me, or is there a profound reduction in the number of posts My opinion is that some changes are not progress.
Views: 645   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 5:59pm
by Bohemian
Raining cats & dogs at Balfa Heritage week this evening ..
Hello braves! I'm emailing from my hotel room in Ville Platte. Man, did we get some rain this evening! But, it was dry for most of the day this Saturday. Just wanted to mention that the food is great as is the music, jams and people. I've run into many "Bravenet...
Views: 608   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 3:56pm
by Big Nick
j
Jim P.
Hey y'all, check out WF's web community, Like Facebook, but Cajun accordion style
Gotta say WF, I'm already enjoying this more than Bravenet and I think it has the potential to become more fun than Facebook for me! Hah, that's all I need, another web community... It is well put together. Join up, people! The link is written out for you and the...
Views: 493   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 18, 2009 6:15am
by Jim P.
tomorrow night Balfa camp or Saturday rain
What's there to do tomorrow night at Balfa camp or near by towns.What will they do if it rains Saturday see you there
Views: 442   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 17, 2009 11:13pm
by Le Piquant
Braves at Balfa - Let's pick a spot and meet up!
Looks like the first Saturday (the 18th) is when the most people are coming. I don't know where and/or when is good for everyone, but I'll throw this out there: Meet at the Jam tent (I *think* there's a jam tent) at the Festival at 1:00. Who's with me? We can alwa...
Views: 496   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 17, 2009 9:11am
by Blair Kilpatrick
e
Ed
T Fer
Hello, I have a friend that has been wanting to buy a T Fer. He wants to get it before his family moves back to France. Any good source, please let me know. Thanks..... Ed
Views: 452   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 10:23pm
by CB
w
WF
RVdC - Kyle Huval
Kyle Huval on Rendez-vous des Cajuns Song: Hee Haw Breakdown Song: Happy Hill Special
Views: 501   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 4:25pm
by WF
r
RPr
Fun with technology
I guess being pig headed and stubborn does have it merits. After several attempts to get to the website I finally rejoined Brave net, then came in though a link from another site. “Favorites” updated, I have access to the group…life is good.
Views: 537   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 2:36pm
by Karl
They are screwing with us again
They seem to be at it again this morning everything was good now I come on here and there are only about two posts per page. Is this happening to others I dont own an apple so it should all be good
Views: 582   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 3:25pm
by Dwight
g
Glenn
Christine Balfa Triangle CD
NPR coverage of Christine Balfa's Triangle SOLO CD.. was on yesterday. enjoy. G. http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=4&islist=false IF this doesn't open check out NPR Christine Balfa plays the triangle.
Views: 606   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 12:44pm
by Glenn
For Jamey Hall
Jamey in a thread awhile back you mentioned something about chording and how its easy to blend in with other players have you had a chance to video a demo for us to look at and get an idea of what your doing? I know your getting ready to head to Louisiana but if ya h...
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 10:55am
by randy4u
Saulieu / F line up
Here is the line-up for our next Saulieu Cajun & Zydeco Festival (6-7-8-9 August 2009) : LAFAYETTE RHYTHM DEVILS (USA) COREY LEDET & HIS ZYDECO BAND (USA) CAJUN ROOSTERS (D/GB) LA PETITE OU LA GROSSE (GB) ELVIS FONTENOT & THE SUGAR BEES (GB) DOWNTOWN CAJUN BAND (NL...
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 7:02pm
by lecajun
k
Karl
Big - a little help please
Tom, the link to Augusta at the bottom of forum is pointed to Louisiana Folkroots rather than Augusta. Would you please correct that glitch? Thanks
Views: 443   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 2:55pm
by Karl
Another festival in Europe this summer
You all know about Saulieu in August, but there is another Cajun music festival in France in the summer, Challes-les Eaux in early July. It is located in a beautiful setting (in the Alps). The program has now been announced (link). Christian
Views: 411   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 10:49am
by Meloderon
Andy
Hi Andy, how have you been. My emails sent to you through yahoo don't seem to get through. ??
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 9:30am
by John Roger
l
leslie
Tuva throat singers (not Cajun but worth seeing)
Friday April 17, 700pm Schlitz Audubon Center , Bayside, Wisconsin Alesh throat singers from Tuva will present another concert. I saw these guys last week (I will go again to be sure) and they are great. Bayside is a northern suburb of Milwaukee, Wis. Leslie[:) free...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 8:20pm
by leslie
w
WF
Facebook for Cajun accordion lovers....
Do you like Facebook or My Space but wish there was one for Cajun accordion lovers? Check out the new My Cajun Accordion Book at http://cajunaccordion.ning.com/. It's a new social networking site allowing us to get to know each other better, see everyone's personal...
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 4:09pm
by Peer
Nightly schedule for Balfa Camp 2009
Can anyone provide a link for information on the nightly activities for Balfa camp if one just wants to attend for the dancing???? I cant seem to find one in Yahoo search. Thanks for the help
Views: 459   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 2:25pm
by randy4u
s
smeche
My new Accordion.
Just posted a pic of my new acccordion. Just wanted to know what you guys thought. Was a B-day present from the wife. Sure does beat my horner. It is a Mouton In the key of C.
Views: 737   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 12:55pm
by tycobbwannabe
Helen Boudreaux
I just got this from Helen Boudreaux and she would like for people to vote for her on the following music link. I will post her entire message so you all can decide if you want to participate. I already voted for her. Thanks for considering this. Le Piquant If yo...
Views: 460   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 12:25pm
by randy4u
e
Ed
La Valse D'Hiver
This is a nice tune and I am learning it. What I would like to ask is the translation of some of the comments at the bottom of the video. One reads: Sorry, le môssieur, il interprête bien une valse, sauf qu'il ne joue pas les 3 temps à la main gauche...
Views: 483   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 10:20am
by Ed
shoe
Rick send me an email to my personal web site. Le Piquant
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 11:53pm
by Rick Reid
parts and supplies for button accordions
Frank Romano in Montreal now has a web site for his accordion parts and supplies business. See link #1 He has been in business for many years and has a very complete inventory of reeds and bellows and assorted parts for builders and repairmen at reasonable prices.
Views: 578   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 7:00pm
by Bohemian
Search by keyword or user
Is it just me? Or is the search box at the top not working? I use a mac. I do not get any results for anything when I search. Thanks.
Views: 422   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 6:40pm
by Chili Bean
Thanks Dana
Dana, Thanks for your detective work. I don't know if we're back 100% to where we were, but we would have waited 'till the cows came home for any additional information from Bravenet's support! Now let's see, do I remember how to play that accordion --bn
Views: 520   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 2:49am
by Peer
Any news on what the Balfa Camp songs are??
Please post this information if you have it. Janet
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 2:21pm
by wingingit
Somehting is fishy with new format!
OK, somthing is really fishy about this new format. Other Bravenet servers do not have this format! Tom, It looks like Bravenet has a way to allow you to customize the way the forum looks. You just need to logon as the admin and do it. Then we can lose the center j...
Views: 502   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 1:16pm
by Le Piquant
Latest response from Bravenet
Braves, Here is the latest response that I've received from Bravenet. I'm hearing two pieces of information; 1.) They will not change the format 2.) They are working on making it better/faster. I suppose that we could move to a different Forum if need be. I sug...
Views: 523   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 1:31am
by DP Mandell
Cajun Homepage
hello bro`s. i`ve make my homepage new www.lecajun.de in flash take a look and about the cajun music read the articel and say me whats good or bad to make it perfect lol thnx for all who's helping me thnx lecadien Fabian
Views: 551   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 9:22pm
by lecajun
m
Mike
Accordion Cruise?
Does anyone do a Cajun accordion camp/workshop on a cruise ship? I've been to a couple for banjos that sailed in the Caribbean. They hahave beginners, intermediate and advanced groups. See link #1. It's a great way to learn while the wife thinks she's on vacation.
Views: 407   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 5:29pm
by duh-wite
tester for a picture
if you see me on the left at least this can be done now ..... nout
Views: 426   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 4:26pm
by Karl
Second letter of complaint to bravenet
Braves: I think that Leslie summed it up quite well! Following is my most recent message to bravenet: __________ Can we please get our old format back? This one is slow and I am receiving numerous complaints. I quote: It was nice. It was easy, convienient, and o...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 12:13pm
by Dwight
l
leslie
is this perminent
It was nice. It was easy, convienient, and organized and now it is gone. Sometimes things that one thinks are improvements are not seen that way by others. I am others. The new format sucks!!!
Views: 394   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 11:00pm
by Le Piquant
Change?
Maybe I missed something because I was gone last week and I haven't seen anything about the new format except complaints. Who changed this thing and why? If who ever did this would send me the old format I will use it start a new bravenet of the old style. Like the p...
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 7:42pm
by randy4u
I don't like it...
This is too slow loading and no fun. I am going on vacation. Someone email me when it gets ironed out.
Views: 508   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 2:12pm
by neal
Steve Riley performs his civic duty
I just talked to my wife she is a teacher at Prairie Elementary. Steve's daughter goes there. Steve and the entire band performed for the school this morning. My wife said the kids had a blast listening and dancing with all the teachers that know cajun dance. So...
Views: 433   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 12:17pm
by randy4u
p
Peer
FQ: standing or sitting?
(No, with FQ I don't mean **** you!!) ... but .. As a specialist in Funny Questions, I'd like to present my newest one: How many of you ever practice standing up? I started to do that (besides sitting down) and I like it. I can even play Lacassine Special and do a...
Views: 472   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 9:42am
by Dwight
We've lost another great one.
I am sad to report, this morning, that Cajun drummer and vocalist, Cliff Newman, has passed away. I visited with him just a few short months ago, and he was in good health. He even sang a few songs with us. He will be sorely missed. See link #3 for obituary.
Views: 711   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 7:43pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
n
neal
Threaded vs Board formats
Toward the upper right click Threaded instead of Board and it looks more like it used to. Things are all still centered in a funny way but at least you can see who has responded to whom. FTA (Forgot to Add). You now have 10 minutes to edit or delete your post. That'...
Views: 539   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 1:02pm
by Peer
Something must be busted!!
Once again .. this is the problem with technolgy. I own a Savoy
Views: 663   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 3:27pm
by Dowell Lafleur
Mardi Gras -0 pix - no accordion content
For anyone interested, I put up some pix and short journal (I refuse to use the word blog) for my motorcycle adventure to Mardi Gras. link no. 2 Steve
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 1:53pm
by randy4u
format changed?
suddenly all the 'threaded style' posts display centered so you can't tell by indentation, who replied to who? what is going on? also links are acting weird they seem to default to prepending "https" regardless of whether it;s correct or needed or not plus...
Views: 490   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 1:26pm
by randy4u
Opening for Beausoleil tomorrow.
Late yesterday, one of the bands I play in was invited to open for Beasoleil Sunday night at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano! Needless to say, this is very exciting! -David
Views: 572   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 8:25am
by larry english
Silver lining in the brass monkey...
Y'all notice this in the new, improved CADG Forum? (Since this is your post, you have 10 minutes to Edit or Delete) Now that's something *some* of us can appreciate! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! R!CK
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 11:26pm
by Rick Reid
what's up Nick?
Hi Nick, this new thread layout is a change that doesn't appeal to my PC running firefox 3. i surely hope we can get back to the old and trusted ways, or else maybe a change of forum host instead of Bravenet. PS i even can't camouflage my email address anymore ........
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 5:20pm
by Darryl
ACADIAN
MARC SAVOY AND ALDUS ARE2 OF MY FAVORITE ACCORDION PLAYERS MY TOP 5 ARE: 1. MARC SAVOY 2. ALDUS ROGER 3. BELTON RICHARD 4. PEE WEE BROUSSARD...
Views: 612   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 4:14pm
by Cajun man1221212...
Larry Miller
For all of you that own a Larry Miller box maybe the value has gone up??? See link #1
Views: 772   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 4:08pm
by blue norther ste...
Is there new UI functionality/cosmetic updates here or...
...has my Mac just freaked out? Big Nick, didja do some coding over the weekend? ~R!CK
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 2:59pm
by randy4u
Texas Tour This Week!
Hi Folks, I'll be touring Texas starting this week with my Cajun & honky-tonk band, the Doc Marshalls. We'll be hitting Ft Worth, Austin, and even Gruene Hall in New Braunfels. Always love to see fellow Braves at the show! Upcoming Texas Dates: 4/2/09: H...
Views: 471   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 10:17am
by Capt. Everett
Anyone looking for a good C box, how about a fiddle?
I've got a brand new Falcon in the key of C, I've got another C box so I'd like to sell it. I'd like to get $2,250 which included a flightcase and shipping in the states. If you are interested email for pics and sound files. I've also got two really nice fiddles,...
Views: 685   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 5, 2009 3:47am
by fiddler2007
j
Jim P.
Views: 487   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 8:47pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Pee Wee Broussard
A buddy sent me a DVD with Pee Wee Broussard playing a TV show in the mid-80's, and I thought Pee Wee was amazing. The band was very good, and tight, but I Pee Wee really smoked it. He didn't look young in the video, so I guessed he's passed by now, but he was real...
Views: 579   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 5:11pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
b
Bruce
Madame Faielle lyrics
Can someone help me out with the lyrics for Madame Faielle? Thanks Bruce
Views: 900   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 1:45pm
by Bruce
Share driving to Balfa Camp?
Hey Braves, I'm looking to head out Thursday the 16th evening and come back the next Friday or Saturday depending on what's going on at the end of Camp. I live in NW Arkansas (Fayetteville). We can take your car or mine. So if you're driving and want company,...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 1:24pm
by Jamey Hall
Nice video, not Cajun
See link 1, I think it`s very nice.
Views: 507   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 11:28am
by Peer
d
Dwight
Hey, you European guys, identify yourself.
I'm getting confused over who is who. I'm not sure if Peer is Ron, or Petraki, and what band anyone is in. I think catmelodeon is petraki is Ruben Ranzo. Is the accordion player for "Cajun Friends" on here? Are any of you in a cajun band? What band? Nou...
Views: 529   Replies: 27
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 2:01am
by Sarah Savoy
Fred Cormier Magnolia Accordian
I have a beautiful Magnolia Accordian made in Louisiana. I believe it is made by Fred Cormier. I don't play this but it is a beautiful instrument. I read some of the old posts and I have found these are hard to get. Rather than putting it on e-bay, I thought I would...
Views: 390   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 11:21pm
by cjb
j
Jim P.
Off topic, but very interesting and musical - Appalachian Snake Handler religion
I've been waiting a long time to see more about this. These people handle snakes in Tolo West Virginia, poisonous snakes and drink jars of strych-9 (rat poison, also found on some forms of LSD) during their church services. These people are also found in Alabama...
Views: 538   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 6:07pm
by James Todd
d
Darryl
Clip On Mic Buzz
Hi, I have my accordions internally miked which are fine....thanks to Jude Moreau and Greg Mouton. I also have a JVC 3-pin clip-on goose neck condensor mic which I'm experimenting with...to get that trebley? Cajun sound and that slightly ' different' sound you...
Views: 518   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 4:01pm
by Darryl
Savoy's new 11-button and bass-IV chord accordion!
Well, you didn't think that you'd get thru the day without at least *one* APRIL FOOL'S joke, did you? Kepp squeezin'! --Big
Views: 741   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 1:49pm
by Peer
teupelo reeds
my first accordion made by sydney brown in 1979 had these really bright, crisp sounding reeds. once i began playing nightly dances they just couldn,t stand up to the torture. however there are some songs that need these reeds to capture the old cajun sound. does any...
Views: 583   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 1:46pm
by shawn p. saucier
w
WF
RVdC - Ray Abshire
Ray Abshire Song: Souhait du Veuve (Widow's Wish) Song: Mamou Hot Step
Views: 648   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 12:09pm
by randy4u
d
Darryl
Les Flammes d'enfer
I've been working on this song with the band and I've been trying to get a handle on the lyrics. Jude and the Bon Temps Playboys version is one I've been concentrating on...but I also have another version by Jason Frey and Travis Matte...and many other bands on CD...
Views: 593   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 4:31am
by Darryl
Hey Cajun accordion teachers! Big Question
Chris/Big Nick/Ganey/Jude/Jim and others: I've been playing a little over a year now, and recently I started chording (or "blending") along with songs, on the computer and at a couple of jams. I have a question: Why doesn't anyone teach that approach to learnin...
Views: 751   Replies: 35
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 11:10pm
by duh-wite
j
Jim P.
Binci and Salpa taste test
A couple vids on C Acadians. Both accordions I love equally, these are fantastic accordions. For some reason youtube really darkens the lighting when it's converted streaming. First one is on an Acadian I bought while ago that is USED and was built the 1980's....
Views: 614   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 9:51pm
by Jim P.
g
Gus
music from the prairies of...
Cowboy music from the other side of the world.. Hope you like it. See how they catch their horses on the background film. Gus
Views: 564   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 4:10pm
by Gus
I can't wait to tell this story
On may way to Seattle I HAD awajt in Dallas. As I walked ariund I needed to make a pit stop so I saw a sign for the facillity in the baggage claim area. Not realizing that I had to go through security checkpoint again. So back through the machine, taking off the shoe...
Views: 504   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 3:16pm
by Dwight
Where can I learn to play cajun accordion? workshops?
Hello I'm from brittany-France, I bought a cajun accordion , I love creole and cajun music. Where can i find workshops or lessons to learn accordion : creole, or zydeco style specialy...I've heard about augusta heritage center...but is there something in Louisiana?...
Views: 673   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 7:06am
by maksim/brittany
d
Dwight
Views: 413   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 5:29am
by duh-wite
Rick
Sorry about misspelling your name Rick Le Piquant
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2009 3:54pm
by JB
Camo Accordion
Check link #1. Very cool accordion. Anyone know who this builder is.
Views: 752   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 31, 2009 9:07am
by duh-wite
a
ardy
Duh Question
What is the proper process of tuning a guitar to the accordion? Do you test several notes, or is there an order, or is this question just to dumb to ask?
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 31, 2009 1:02am
by fiddler2007
k
KirkM
fyi
An 86 yr old woman will be playing the piano accordion tonight on Jay Leno's Tonight Show.
Views: 590   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 3:28pm
by Rick Reid
Looking for used Bb wet tuned button box
Anyone have a used Bb button box for sale? I have a C tuned Larry Miller accordion that's excellent but want to sing in a different lower key for my voice.
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 3:19pm
by randy4u
Letter to the Editor by Jerry L. Moody
I just read a line that I should not copy the letter but it is ok to post the link. So here it is. Le Piquant http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20090327/LETTERS/903279936/1031/OPINION03?Title=The-last-bastion-of-Cajun-music-t
Views: 617   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 12:49pm
by randy4u
The Last Bastion of Cajun Music has fallen in Thibodaux
This article appeared in The Daily Comet and The Houma Courrier on March 18, 2009. I don't know how many of you saw my post on that date so I have copied it an poste it here. Once this is posted I will also post a letter to the editor that I wrote Monday and it was p...
Views: 568   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 12:34pm
by randy4u
PLB in the Middle East
I was doing a little band website browsing and saw that The Pine Leaf Boys are going on a 3 week tour of the Middle East. Parts of Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Jerusalem. I wonder what kind of jams they have their???!!!
Views: 497   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 11:54am
by randy4u
Waiting for the Glue to dry...
I was killing time while waiting on the glue to dry on a guitar, so I made a couple of videos. The Cowboy's Waltz The Church Point Breakdown Aint Got Nothing To Do Two Step
Views: 546   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 11:40am
by Peer
j
Jim P.
Your favorite Augusta moment?
Care to share your favorite moment(s) of years past? I'm not as keen on Augusta, but I'm biased for my first three years. Never been to Balfa, but would like to next year. I'd have to say that my favorite moment would have to be a night on Halihurst when I was sma...
Views: 438   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 5:49pm
by MarkS
Newish Jason Frey vids
Just noticed these. Nice to watch in HD. Good thing I got an external hard drive for my laptop, to store all this stuff.
Views: 529   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 2:13pm
by Sarah Savoy
b
BJ
Sarah Savoy
If you're reading this, Sarah, do you have a site with your gig dates on it? Are you planning any UK gigs in 2009? Will you be at Saulieu? BJ
Views: 570   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 11:48am
by Sarah Savoy
Wipeout!
The volume is a little low, so turn it up... http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=4656496&l=3774737 R!CK
Views: 627   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 12:25am
by duh-wite
Born in the Country...
Here's another one that I recently recorded with one of our fellow braves. I'll let him identify himself, when he is ready. The accordion is a Hohner conversion in the key of G. Many thanks to Jerry Bellot for loaning it to me for the recording. Born in the Country
Views: 537   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 6:21pm
by duh-wite
s
smeche
Falcon Accordions
Does the dual key acordions still have the 4 sets of reads per key. or just three
Views: 657   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 2:15pm
by chrispy cajun
Letter to the Editor by Jerry L. Moody
Read the Letter to the Editor last. I should have posted it differently.
Views: 447   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 11:48am
by Toby
SqueezeBox Shootout Jennings - Videos
Videos can be found at link # 1. Results: Adult Category First Place - Drew Simon Second Place - Aaron Istre Third Place - Tommy Guidry Junior Category First Place - Briggs Brown and can't remember the rest.
Views: 995   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 10:53am
by stewartmatte
d
Dwight
Jolie Blon - difficult?
I've got Steve Riley's Intermediate dvd, and he talks about Jolie Blon being difficult to play on the accordion. I have only just started trying, but, just wondering, what makes it so difficult?
Views: 729   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 10:48am
by stewartmatte
w
WF
ALL: Cajun Accordion Members Map for newbies
For all newbies that have recently joined in our Bravenet group, don't forget to add yourself to our map. See the 2009 Cajun Accordion Discussion Group map. To add yourself, include your name, city, state/country, and: - email me at: 'falcanary @ yahoo.com' (no...
Views: 512   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 10:39am
by stewartmatte
All Night Ramblers - New Tunes
Posted new tunes on the All Night Ramblers myspace (link #1), from a recent gig at our favorite local venue, Abilene Bar and Lounge. Betsy Fuller on guitar and vocals, Bill Henrie (Henrie Brothers)on fiddle, Adam Smith - bass, and Jean Paul Michaud drummer. Recorde...
Views: 539   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 11:31pm
by Russ Roberts
Who is on YouTube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJgsj3W334 It's amazing how the most obscure things can end up on YouTube. Someone just sent me this one today. It is from a rehearsal last year, not a gig. In fact, we were auditioning the drummer. I guess it must have been h...
Views: 697   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 3:03pm
by David Sousa
Microphones
Someone mentioned microphones down below in the Garage Band thread. I am reluctantly in the market for a new microphone. I have no aspirations to perform, but I have realized that recording myself is a good way to get a sense of what I'm doing right and wrong. A...
Views: 570   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 1:43pm
by telluwhutman
Amazing fingering: Musette on a Hohner button box by French accordion champion
Came across this amazing youtube video! See link 3 above. Phil Bouvier, world accordion champion of 2004, playing something called "Flashy Musette"--on a Hohner button box! What kind of accordion is that, technically?)
Views: 797   Replies: 28
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 8:28am
by duh-wite
j
Justin
Louisiana Swamp Thing and Crawfish Festival, Austin TX, April 4th!
Downtown at MLK & Congress. $15 online or at the gate....... Keyun and the Zydeco Masters 11 Big Chief Kevin & The Flaming Arrows noon Dr Zog 12:45 Dikki Du & The Zydeco Krewe 1:45 Nathan & The Zydeco Cha-Chas 2:45 Jamie Bergeron & The Kicking Cajuns 3:45 B...
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2009 4:01pm
by Rick Reid
d
Dwight
who needs an ipod
I just discovered the portable cd player I have in my car, which I know plays mp3's, also plays wma's. I can fit 14 cd's on one cd. weee doggies. Ok, I don't know the name of the song when playing, or the album, nor can I search, and I don't have a little ringie...
Views: 467   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 25, 2009 9:43pm
by duh-wite
Pine Leaf Boys come to Austin !
Thanks to the people at The Blue Moon Cafe, we had a fabulous unofficial SW Louisiana showcase here in Austin closed out by 2 straight hours of The Pine Leaf Boys. First time they have made it to Austin and my first time to hear them play. Wilson and company gave qui...
Views: 513   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 25, 2009 11:59am
by Meloderon
Garage Band
Has anyone used the Garage Band program to record several instruments onto the PC and use it to play along with as a one man band ? If so, what are your thoughts about the program ? Kent
Views: 563   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 25, 2009 6:37am
by Jim P.
New You Tube
New youtube handle. There will eventually be a bunch of busking videos.... There are a couple up now, but it was taken on my plain old Canon digital photo camera... However, a couple weeks ago, a new friend has done some really better quality stuff and will e...
Views: 595   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009 5:57pm
by randy4u
Looking for a LA box in D
Hi,does anyone know of a LA handmade in D for sale.I love to sing with my B flat, but there are tunes that sound better in D or A.Please email me if you know of any for sale.Thanks
Views: 570   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009 2:18pm
by bryan lafleur
Who will be at Balfa Camp?
Just wondering who will be at Balfa Camp this year? We may be around for the Saturday Heritage Day, at the start of the week. Wish we could stay for the whole thing, but have to work around spring break at my husband's school. It will be the last full day of...
Views: 682   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009 1:33pm
by Patrick
new model
HI ! My new model... Yours J.Helin
Views: 720   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009 1:22pm
by randy4u
Rick Reid the JetSetter
Rick, I saw on the news this morning that American Eagle is opening up jet service again from Lake Charles to Dallas. I am about a mile from the airport. You could be here in 1 1/2 hours, jam for 3 or 4 hours, then head home.
Views: 410   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009 12:48pm
by Ganey Arsement
w
WF
RVdC - Cypress Bottom Boys
I'm attempting to renew my RVdC posts. However, if a party objects to having their video posted, I'll gladly remove it. Hope these are helpful. WF Cypress Bottom Boys on Rendez-vous des Cajuns Song: Cowboy Waltz WF
Views: 586   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 1:56pm
by Meloderon
j
Jamey
Octa Clark is blowing my mind!
He and Hector Duhon's version of "Evangeline Waltz": is there a better song on the planet? It pulses with so much feeling, I can't get enough of it. I'm enjoying trying to play along with it. I'm loving Octa Clark's singing, too. It don't get any better'n this...
Views: 659   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 11:54am
by randy4u
BRASS-reedbase Binci's
Hi; Has anyone experienced or has experiences with brass-reedbase mounted Binci's? - I don't mean brass reeds, but steel reeds fitted in brass based frames instead of aluminum. I know they sound more old-tinkly-fashioned and wonder if there are other differences,...
Views: 558   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 11:43am
by John Roger
d
Dwight
Grosse Erreur in G
Anyone ever tried to play Grosse Erreur in G? I was trying it Saturday to accommodate a singer. Seemed like it was going to be macrame of the fingers.
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 10:38am
by Dwight
g
Glenn
Off Topic : Some very impressive 2 row playing .. colombian style
I did some more filming of my neighbour, Jefferson Botello .. the current under-18 Vallenato accordion champion in his native Colombia. Here he is on a two row Hohner Corso Deluxe from the 50's in G/C. Cedric Watson plays a G/C Corso and John Delafose was known...
Views: 633   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 8:20am
by Glenn
Message for Glenn
Hi Glenn, what's your email address? I'd like to drop you a line. My wife and I will be travelling from Venice to Roma on April 5 by car. I'm thinking we could make a little detour to Reggio if you are around and available? If that works, we would stay overnight in R...
Views: 492   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 8:12am
by Glenn
Practicing that left hand and chords flitting by.
I was at a jam yesterday, and noticed my minimal left hand practicing paying off. And also noticed my mind be able to pay attention to two things at once. I was playing Mon Chere Bebe Creole in C on the accordion. I can barely tell what chords I'm playing on the...
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 7:30am
by Peer
whats the difference between a violin and a fiddle
the old lady wants one to try out.is this the same case with accordions where the cheep ones dont sound the same???
Views: 674   Replies: 63
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 9:22am
by Meloderon
About smoke a cigarette
This is a picture from the Lost Bayou Ramblers in Holland before there was no smoking in bars. Great gig it was.
Views: 590   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 8:44am
by duh-wite
mic & tune a 3-row
To mic a three-row, or any smaller keyboard or buttonbox I like the Shure R-65 internal($125). It is basically an Sm-57 cut in half. Attached on top of the center reed block and wired to an airless jack, it gives a great tone at high volume with little feedback. Volu...
Views: 448   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 8:42am
by kirk jones
t
Toby
Fellow musician
Got a chance to meet "Robby" Robinson, founder of Zydeco Force last night- bought his old boat actually. Cool guy, we talked about Guyland ledet, whom he is now playing with. He mentioned they were in N.O. the other day and Guyland was messing around with the accord...
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2009 8:32pm
by Toby
For those with painful sandpaper rough thumbstraps
3M Coban is the perfect cushioning for the thumb.
Views: 470   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 21, 2009 4:42am
by Jim Pettijohn
Fiddles for sale...
I've got two really nice fiddles that I'd like to unload to pay for my apprenticeship which starts next month. Both are chinese made instruments by independent luthiers one by Xuantao Wang, and the other by Liuxi. Both are professionally set up with a new sound post,...
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 9:45pm
by buttonbox
j
Justin
Songs on a D accordion
I know this will probably generate a big list, but can anyone tell me of songs played on a D accordion, please?
Views: 549   Replies: 23
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 7:22pm
by randy4u
p
Peer
shoulder strap
How many of you use a shoulder strap while sitting? I never used one, until I got my CA a few weeks ago. Dirk Powell says to put it over the right shoulder and anchor the instrument that way. On a Youtube clip I saw a young fellow in Fred's Lounge with the strap o...
Views: 542   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 6:47pm
by James Todd
d
Dwight
Cajun music scene in Houma/Thibodaux
Someone sent me this link: www.dailycomet.com/article/20090318/ARTICLES/903189895/1212 Just looking for feedback. Jerry? Are these the guys that won't let anyone play with them?
Views: 594   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 4:07pm
by Claude
Another Dallas accordion convention update
A good day at something I've never seen before, a cajun jam in Dallas. We met in the hotel lobby after the convention was over and played a little, and compared notes a little. Got to meet Blair Kilpatrick and her husband Steve Tabak, Jamey was there with his frien...
Views: 665   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 9:12am
by Jamey Hall
LA Swamp Stomp Festial
will anyone be at the Louisiana Swamp Stomp Festival in Thibideaux, LA this weekend??? Friday, March 20, 2009 Cypress Stage 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Lost Bayou Ramblers 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Les Freres Micho...
Views: 398   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 9:22pm
by Le Piquant
Cajun Country
Just found this film at link #1. Had not seen this one before. Great clips of the greats in cajun music. Dennis McGee,Dewey Balfa, Wade Fruge, Bois Sec, Canray Fontenot, Octa Clark, and others. Almost an hour long of great music and stories.
Views: 708   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 5:20pm
by Dwight
My New Toy
Picked this up last night from Karlitos Way Accordions here in DFW -- one of a kind (currently) F/Bb/Eb Baffetti. Chubby Carrier has just ordered one exactly like it. First purple celluloid and yellow buttons featuring the new retro grill and Dino logo. I've got my w...
Views: 639   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 3:32pm
by Rick Reid
Off Topic....Enjoy your accordions while you can comrads
because our government has lost it's fricking mind........... Tuesday, March 17, 2009 US Considering Dropping Charges Against bin Laden Conservative News and Reporting "News for the Rest of Us." Geoffrey Likeson According to sources in the Justice Dep...
Views: 615   Replies: 38
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 2:06pm
by randy4u
cajun is dull
in my opinion whats yours?
Views: 674   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 12:35am
by Rick Reid
Views: 1177   Replies: 41
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 11:11pm
by TommyV_Memphis
Amazing Grace post number two
Ok my second video we had talked about Amazing Grace awhile back and I wanted to learn it so here it is my way not necessarly the right way but as Frank once said I did it "My Way" let me know what ya think
Views: 548   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 9:21pm
by randy4u
Seattle,Portland,Eugene
I will be in these cities around the 28th of March till the following weekend. Any Braves out there? I am bringing my accordion. Le Piquant
Views: 433   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 5:03pm
by wingingit
w
WF
Mmmm.... Cajun....women.....stripping!!!
FIgured this would get some attention. Enjoy!!!!
Views: 1193   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 6:34pm
by randy4u
Another report from Dallas (The Accordion Festival)
This will be quick, because I'm getting set to go off and jam with Jamey--who has done yeoman's service teaching the newbies how to polka at the big 5 hour polka night. Including me :-) Really nice meeting up with Jamie this evening. Looking forward to meeting B...
Views: 527   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 2:01pm
by randy4u
GUYLAND LEDAY, playing lefty with a righty
Another young player from Louisiana
Views: 454   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 10:11am
by Jon Melancon
p
Peer
3 buttons
link #3.
Views: 725   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 9:18am
by lecajun
Brett Thibodeaux
brett please email me....i have something cooking $$$$$$$$$
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 8:03pm
by chrispy cajun
Youtube discovery on how to set up private viewing lists
I'm sure I don't know the whole of it yet, but here's what I know so far. I've got a few videos that I only want a couple of people to see (no, not those kind of videos). Trying to assign people to a private viewing list, without them being "friends" already, has...
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 6:40pm
by randy_4_u
Accordion for left handed players !!!
When I was lookin to the movie from the Brown Family Band (the item before this) I also look at a movie with a very special Cajun Accordion. It's so strange to look at
Views: 509   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 5:56pm
by bryan lafleur
b
Bruce
Cajun music on Monday nights
My sister-in-law Talia has a radio show called "Louisiana Dance Hall" on Monday nights, 9-11 eastern time, on WRIR. Link #1 will take you to her past play lists. You can tune in Monday night at 9 by clicking the "audio stream" button on the right. WRIR is a low p...
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 3:10pm
by Bruce
Skate boarding to Cajun music
I've posted a new video to my you tube account, here are my grand kids son, and daughter with a Cajun song by Doug Kershaw titled the Slow Waltz. I had never heard of it until my son made this little video. Le Piquant See link #2
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 6:00am
by meloderon
Happy St. Patricks
Near the end there's a little train wreck, but so am I, so I can relate to the video..... This accordion needs better bellows, they've got the serious clap.
Views: 439   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 2:43am
by Peer
d
Dwight
Merci Monsieur Chaveau
Marc, Thanks for all the lyrics you've been putting on the other site. Very much. Dwight
Views: 488   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 5:54pm
by Christian
used musical insrtruments
I don't know if any of you know but, a good place to look for used intruments is at www.shopgoodwill.com Check it out, you might find something you can't live without. Le Piquant
Views: 542   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 5:09pm
by Le Piquant
p
Peer
Hackberry Rag?... Pete's Breakdown?... Allo... Prof. Marc? ...
Nout just mailed me that the fiddle tune I always called Hackberry Rag (link #2)- I learned it from him with that name - is in reality "Pete's Breakdown" by the Hackberry Ramblers. C'est vrai?? Nout and Bas (Cajun Company) have been searching for months to find the...
Views: 469   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 10:39am
by meloderon
Rick Reid, Zydeco Sensation!
Greetings from the Richardson Hotel in Dallas, cite of the 2009 National Accordion Convention. I finally got to meet Rick Reid, but it was like meeting my next door neighbor: it was like I already knew him, no big deal. Great guy, even better entertainer. He is...
Views: 562   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 6:59am
by blue norther ste...
d
Dwight
organizing jam sessions
Just wondering what you folks do who do not have ready made jam sessions available to you, and worse, are somewhere where there are not a lot of cajun players. I don't fall into this category because there's lots of players where I live.
Views: 432   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 9:11pm
by Dutile
another prodigy
What 6 months playing does for a 10 year old, link #2
Views: 784   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 5:44pm
by Justin
d
Dwight
John Semien playing technique
see link 2. He calls this T'Canaille. To me, it's Blues a Voyage. Anyway, he's doing something interesting at times 0:30, 1:30, 2:32 and 3:18. Its a circular pulsing of the accordion that gets almost hypnotic after a while. I've heard Ray Abshire do somethin...
Views: 508   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 2:57pm
by duh-wite
j
Justin
La Valse du Nord et du Sud
Anyone have/ever heard this song? I used to listen to a Saturday morning Cajun show basically every Saturday to try and hear this song, and once I had actually found it on Floyd's website, but it was on a cassette and I don't have anything that can play cassettes....
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 8:06pm
by David # 3
d
Dwight
Transatlantic Sessions
This is pretty good. Link 2 Michael Doucet, Jerry Douglas, Sharon Shannon, Aly Bain, and others.
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 7:55pm
by Justin
Swamp Stomp
OK how this in Thibodaux Louisiana? I was planning on spending that weekend in Lafayette,but..... Le Piquant
Views: 492   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 7:42pm
by Le Piquant
d
Dwight
Views: 544   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 5:50pm
by Big Nick
d
Dwight
Happy One Step - Blackbird
go to time mark 1:32, and you'll hear "Happy One Step" as the B part to "Blackbird".
Views: 535   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 2:34pm
by JB
c
Chris
My band is headed to Birmingham,Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia...
If you are in the area, I would love to meet any "Braves" at either of these venues. Even if you aren't able to go, I would appreciate you helping to spread the word.--Thanks! FRIDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2009 KELLY INGRAM VFW "Association of Cajun Music Enthusiasts" (AC...
Views: 461   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 2:16pm
by Dwight
Larry Miler Accordion for Sale key of C in Walnut
Larry Miller made this walnut key of C dry tuned accordion for me about 4 years ago. I never went beyond beginner level so the accordion has had very little play. Larry installed an internal microphone and jack( yes I had big dreams), and equipped it with a top of t...
Views: 432   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 8:26am
by AL
j
JB
A Crawfish Festival wit'out Music!
Note to Bryan Lefleur and Rick Reid or Cory or anybody interested in a (perhaps) paid gig: Check out link # 1. This shindig still is without a band! I talked to Charles Thibodeaux on this and he almost played there last year, but he has another gig already booked...
Views: 517   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 5:31pm
by Jamey Hall
Looking for Robert Jardell song
Does anyone have a copy or know where I can locate a copy of the song Where were you last Wednesday by Robert Jardell. I have looked on you tube but cannot locate a copy. Thanks for the help
Views: 446   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 4:05pm
by Jon Melancon
I tried out my first martin box today
ya, i tried it, when it hit my hands i immediatly lost my boner. come to find out, it also gave me erectile dysfunction. thank god i had my bon cajun at the house to cure me... man i would have been in the dog house for sure!!!!
Views: 458   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 3:32pm
by randy_4_u
Looking for a used accordion
If someone has a used accordion in great shape, please contact me. I'm looking for a Martin but will consider others. I live in Lafayette. Thanks, Paul
Views: 512   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 3:18pm
by randy_4_u
d
Dwight
searching by genre - itunes vs zune
Not sure if anyone has a Zune on here. I downloaded their software, and cannot search by the genre of "cajun". I can search for the word "cajun" in a song, album, or band name, but that's it. Does iTunes give you this capability?
Views: 403   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 2:41pm
by neal
d
Dwight
What the heck?
I'm sitting here listening to Adam Hebert sing, and, not only can I tolerate it, I can almost get into it. Man!
Views: 566   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 1:07pm
by randy_4_u
d
Dwight
For those in the Bay area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byvBVUrAHg&feature=related I'll reserve further comment.
Views: 464   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 12:59pm
by randy_4_u
s
Saanen
Jeffery Broussard - Europe & Africa
Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys Europe & Africa Tour Details March 20-April 15, 2009 www.jefferybroussard.com Countries included in the tour: o Austria o Italy o Switzerland o Slovenia o France o Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa Jeffery Broussard...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 11:26am
by Saanen
Wailin`the blues Cajun style
This afternoon I went to an accordion workshop, it was fun, but what makes me realy happy is the Wailin` the blues Cajun style book I bought there. Autographed by Ervin & Sonya Lejeune and Ron Yule. I read about that book on this site, but never expected to run int...
Views: 535   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 10:57am
by wilfred
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!