Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Cajun style file for Yamaha keyboard
Unfortunately my Yamaha PSR-K1 has no built-in Cajun style. Could you give me any hints where can I find one? Thanks, Miki
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2007 12:12pm
by nemethmik
jams on sundays
How come no one ever goes to those jams on sunday evenings at the vfw hall in vinton la?
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2007 8:31pm
by Richard J. Chess...
FS/T: Castignari 6+2 mini melodeon in C, $285 shipped
I picked up this little box on impulse, same as the little Stagi mini-English 18button I once had. However, now I need to cover some other music projects, so it's up for sale/trade. Willing to consider this box plus my cash for a decent basic Cajun box, or for a...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2007 11:54am
by Matthew Vanitas
making reeds
Searching for reeds information on the internet I'm getting to this site. It's no video, but maybe interesting enough.
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2007 11:58am
by Ron v D
jam every sunday
Just letting everyone know that there is soon to be an open spot for accordian player every sunday at the cajun jam in vinton la exit toomey starks from 1pm till 5pm. Anyone interested email me.
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2007 9:14am
by aaron chesson
Ed Poullard
Hey Ed, its aaron. I need you to get in contact with me if you can. I want to talk to you about your accordians. Thanks.
Views: 533   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2007 3:44pm
by aaron chesson
Unusual keyboard specs
I just measured the distance from the outside edge of the keyboard of my "Le Capitaine" to the center of the row of keys: One full inch !! I have larger hands and it fits me wonderfully. I can easily reach the 1st (top) button ... I have to hit it for "Streets of L...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2007 5:26pm
by John Fine
To R. Hebert
Mr. Hebert, Just want to clear a couple things, and offer a fresh start. I dont think you were ganged up on purposely, though I'm sure it looks like that. There were just that many people who got a nerve tweaked. And, at least for me, it wasnt your opinions tha...
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2007 9:20am
by bryan lafleur
Hey Nick -- Tell us about the TX/LA tour!
You guys were awesome here in Dallas -- I've posted photos from your gig on my band's website, www.zydecstingrays.com, on the Pics page. Most Braves already know this; you're an amazing accordion player and your band is totally top-notch! It was an honor to share...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 12:06pm
by Rick Reid
w
WF
How It's Made: Pedal Steel Guitars
(reposting as a new thread) Science Channel's How It's Made: Pedal Steel Guitar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iO_mjS2eU8 Enjoy! WF
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2007 1:56pm
by WF
s
Saanen
Jeffery Broussard CD Release/Guest Horn Section This Weekend
Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys Weekend Schedule Highlights: • CD Release Party Saturday night • Special Guests all weekend: The horn section from Rochester, NY’s The Buddhahood http://www.myspace.com/thebuddhahood Thursday night Oc...
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2007 8:15pm
by Saanen
San Antonio Festival Report:
Just got back home from San Antonio...what a great two days... My favorite was (of course) Poullard & Ardoin (Creole). Ed Poullard fiddle, Lawrence Ardoin on accordion, Ben Adams on guitar and (I really apologize for forgetting the great young man on drums and tri...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 8:46pm
by John Fine
j
John
Old Hay Rake Tines (for making triangles)
My son has salvaged from our Katrina debres a small supply of old and rare hay rake tines that I had collected for making triangles. For those interested in trying to make a triangle you may contact him at # 985 774 0716. He is located in Slidell, La. It is possible...
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 9:11pm
by John
Martin Accordion on Ebay
Anyone see this? I wonder what key it is in Joey http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-MARTIN-CAJUN-ACCORDION-PLUS-HARD-CARRY-CASE_W0QQitemZ280156812546QQihZ018QQcategoryZ308QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Views: 511   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 1:14am
by Joey Guillory
Check out thes fine Acadian fiddlers at Congrès Mondial Acadien '94
Link #2 on Youtube. So, for the Cajuns out there, who is planning on coming to the Congrès Mondial Acadien in 2009 in New Brunswick?
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 9:14pm
by Maz- Acadien du ...
m
MarkS
2008 Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Heritage Week date been set yet?
Hello Braves Has anybody heard any news when the 2008 Balfa week might take place ? MarkS
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2007 12:40pm
by MarkS
Rhythm and Roots Festival 2007 - Streaming Music
Rhythm and Roots, the big East Coast Labor Day festival, is streaming main stage music, including sets from Corey Ledet, Creole Cowboys, Racines, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys, Pine Leaf Boys, and the Redstick Ramblers (first set with Jesse Lege). Click Link #1...
Views: 501   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2007 9:04am
by Russ Roberts
e
Ed
Alesis Drum Machine
I now have an Alesis drum machine and really like it. It really makes a difference to your playing- timing. But I need a little help. Those of you have have one, what patterns do you use and which temo? I know that it will vary but could please give me a...
Views: 463   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2007 4:53pm
by Ed
Back to the basics part two
I ordered a copy yesterday. Has anyone heard this album already? There is a clip on the Savoy music centre website. It sounds good. Wilfred
Views: 479   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2007 3:21pm
by Wilfred
g
Glenn
Bon Cajun Bb on eBay
I listed a Bon Cajun in Bb on eBay .. immaculate in Curly Maple if anyone is interested in viewing it. Literally new condition.
Views: 414   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2007 11:50am
by Glenn
RedLine Zydeco in Kingston and Hartford
RedLine Zydeco is playing dances in Kingston, NY this Friday and Old Wethersfield (near Hartford), CT on Saturday. We'd love to see some braves in the house. Jesse Lege is helping run the dance Friday. I'm hoping to coax him into play a couple of tunes. Time and...
Views: 531   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 8:14pm
by Russ Roberts
Matt--E-mail me
I tried to send you those lyrics but the sending failed for some reason. I've been having connection trouble today. I'll try sending them once more, and if you don't get them tonight you'll have to write back, okay?
Views: 423   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 3:55pm
by Sarah Savoy
Steve Riley
Does anyone know if Steve is still doing the tuesday night lesson thing or was that just a one month deal? Thanks, Greg
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2007 8:29pm
by Greg in K
m
MarkS
Off subject Windows Media Player 11 Vista
Hello Braves, Got a new computer not too long ago. As usually I use Windows Media Player 11 to store music,play music. But I was having some problems with it. 1. It took so long to play a song once you clicked on it, anywhere frome 25-30 seconds before it started...
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2007 4:40pm
by MarkS
Pictures of old accordions
When the rest of the family is sleeping, I can search the internet. I found a Dutch website were I have never looked at. See link#2 for a lot pictures of old accordions from Europe. There are boxes with six stops !!!
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2007 4:04pm
by Ron v D
STEVE RILEY, WAXIA SPECIAL IN "C"
http://almenapictures.com/steve_preview.html
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2007 1:30pm
by Albert, Opelousa...
Savoy's Saturday Jam
Who was the Guillory from Lake Charles that was there this past Saturday?
Last Post: Aug 27, 2007 8:18am
by Ganey Arsement
NONC D, ARE YOU OUT THERE????
SHOOT ME AN EMAIL IF YOU CAN!!! ROGER W
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2007 1:34pm
by roger w
s
Steve
Workshops with Jeffery Broussard and D’Jalma Garnier III
On August 26th in Rochester NY, Jeffery Broussard and D’Jalma Garnier III will be offering workshops on accordion and fiddle. If you're interested, please contact Bruce Handelman at zydjunky@rochester.rr.com. In addition, the Creole Cowboys will be playing...
Last Post: Aug 17, 2007 10:21am
by Steve
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 4:31pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
The origins of the Acadian Tintamarre tradition
Some of you might be thinking about where this tradition came from? According to my source, the very first Tintamarre (noise parade)occured on August 15 1955 in New Brunswick (Caraquet I think?). To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Grand Dérangement (ex...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 1:28pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
g
geo
"Squeeze Me" Organic Onesie
My father-in-law plays accordion in his local farmer's market. He proudly purchased a "Squeeze Me" organic onesie for our son on the following site http://www.modernkidstuff.com/ccp0-prodshow/BBTSqueeze.html
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 7:33pm
by geo
Vermilionville: Acadian Day Aug. 12, 2007
Vermilionville: Acadian Day - Jesse Legé & The Southern Ramblers and Jason Frey & Lagniappe And there will be La Table Francais at 1:30pm in the rear of Maman's Restaurant. Venir nous voir, et allons parler francais.
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 9:48pm
by William
n
neal
Vorance Barzas at Liberty Theater August 18
Just saw the upcoming Liberty Theater schedule and wanted to let you know that Vorance Barzas and the Original Mamou Playboys with Steve Riley will be playing August 18. Is this still live on KRVS or have they moved it to KBON where you have to subscribe?
Views: 376   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 3:52pm
by neal
Fiddle workshop with Al Berard this Thursday in Nova Scotia
Al Berard is in town, and so will be Waylan Thibodeau and Bonsoir Catin, down the French Shore (Clare area, between Digby & Yarmouth, Nova Scotia). On Thursday, Al will be hosting a fiddle workshop, and I'm sure we'll find opportunities to jam at some point during t...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2007 1:24pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
k
Kevin
Looking for a Magnolia Accordion
I'm interested in purchasing a Magnolia Accordion (possibly more than one) in just about any condition. Playable or not. If the asthetics are good that would be fine. Only interested in a Magnolia made by the late Fred Cormier of lafayette, LA. If you have one or kno...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2007 9:13am
by Kevin
Some different button boxes for sale.
Take a look at the site above. The guy has a bunch of very nice button boxes for sale in several different tuning combinations, some two rows, some three rows. The Hohner pre-Corso has three reeds and would be good for Cajun or Conjunto. Everything is in excellent t...
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2007 4:04pm
by John Fine
Cleaning House...Brand New CDs for Sale
I have a few inventory items leftover that I need to move out. CDs are new and shrinkwrapped for $10 a piece. Three dollars shipping for one. Free shipping for two or more. Email me at the address above. 1 Cleoma's Ghost 1 Pine Leaf Boys 1 Blackie Fruge/Milfr...
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 9:48pm
by Ganey Arsement
Allons a Lafayette!
Mike and I will be flying up to Lafayette early tomorrow (Friday) morning and will be staying with some friends in Eunice. We'll be out and about ~ may drop by Savoy's for the Saturday morning jam session. We might also drop by the Liberty Theater on Saturday eveni...
Views: 639   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 6:08am
by JoanieBlon
v
Vince
Accordian Lessons In Houston
Is there someone in the Houston area that gives accordian lessons??
Views: 617   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 10:31pm
by Vince
Saanen - are you there?
Saanen - just wondering if the email I sent last week about Jeffery teaching in conjunction with the Cowboy's gig in Earlville ever reached you. Can you drop a note to seblais(at)frontiernet(dot)net? Thanks! Steve Blais
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 5:35pm
by blue norther ste...
w
WF
Cadien de Church Point lyrics
Anyone have the lyrics to Cadien de Church Point? Thanks. WF
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 2:23pm
by WF
This is the week we wait for all year...
happy Independance Day (and happy Canada Day)! Let's all celebrate by making this an accordion filled week. Maybe share the fun and teach a kid how to play a simple tune on one of your boxes. And let's remember to honor those whose expenditure of life granted u...
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 1:27pm
by Antoine Reaux
s
Scott
reading posts with latest version of Firefox
I've just downloaded the latest version of Firefox, and now all of a sudden, I can't read any of the posts on the forum. I click the links but nothing happens (I had to post this through Internet Explorer). If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. Scott
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 3:33am
by Scott
Tabs for Chameaux One Step, Jai Fait Une Grosse Erreur
Anybody got tabs for the above that you would share? Anything would be a help. (last minute prep for Augusta...) Thanks in advance, Chuck.
Views: 468   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 4:59pm
by Chuck in Indy
Editing Posts ~~~
Here's the information I received from Bravenet Services regarding editing posts: Member [JoanieBlon] June 27, 2007 09:19:59 Is there any way to allow participants posting on my forum to EDIT their posts? I've searched your data bases, but have not been able to...
Views: 580   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 6:25am
by JoanieBlon
That is just too cute!
Check this out. This is one of my friends from Newfoundland with his little one... Link #2.
Views: 430   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 8:08pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
r
Rusty
National Accordion Awareness Month
Just got a call from my s-i-l who just told me that June is National Accordion Awareness Month !! Only have several days left, let's raise the awareness !!
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 5:24pm
by Rusty
Fiddle Player in main picture
I am 99% sure that the fiddle player in question is Chad Cormier. Chad plays with Walter Mouton and Junior Martin every other weekend at La Poussiere in Breaux Bridge. John
Views: 508   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 9:23pm
by John D.
a
astro
cajun accordions or melodeons in C and D
if any body is interested in buying a 4-stop cajuntype melodeon, i'm selling a Saltarelle in C, and a very mint 25 years old Acadian (Savoy) Zero Sette built in D. both tuned and in good playing condition and with cases too. make me an offer: the instruments are loca...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 5:43pm
by astro
KBON Event on Sunday, July 15, 2008
Mike and I will be traveling to Louisiana to attend this event. We'll be staying with friends in Eunice Friday the 13th through Monday the 16th. Any of you Braves attending? KBON will be holding its 10th Anniversary & Listener Appreciation Party Sunday July 15...
Views: 579   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:59am
by JoanieBlon
Acadian in C for sale $1,300
I am not selling this accordion, (please don't ask me about it) I just thought someone might be interested since many Bravers have asked. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/350989201.html
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 8:31pm
by DP Mandell
d
Don
Looking for a used accordion
Hello: I am looking for a used handmade cajun accordion in C. Price range depending on condition. Thanks all, Don
Views: 550   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 6:31pm
by Don
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, Inc., is proud to present the first annual
The La. Cajun-Zydeco Fest releases final line-up Posted by Keith I. Marszalek May 30, 2007 12:35PM The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, Inc., is proud to present the first annual Louisiana Cajun-Zydeco Festival, a free outdoor event to be June 8...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 4:50pm
by Keith I. Marszal...
n
neal
Nice article on KBON's 10th year!
http://www.theind.com/cover2.asp?CID=1133849001
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 11:51am
by neal
Just got back from the first Diatonic Accordion festival in Memramcook, NB
For the Braves who are in Quebec, Atlantic provinces or nearby states, this new Accodion festival was a great venue, and is something you should put on your calendar for next year (first weekend of June). This was in Memramcook, New Brunswick, about 20 minutes east o...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 10:15am
by Maz - Acadien du...
j
John
Claude what have you decided on moving to La.
Claude let us know just how you are doing on your decision to move to Louisiana.
Views: 539   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 9:29am
by John
Bon Temps Bb
I am parting with a nice bon temps Bb if anyone is interested. The Ebay link is below. Reserve is set at $1100
Views: 505   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 3:00am
by Sambeaux
NOVEMBER FESTIVAL
BLACKPOTFESTIVAL.COM
Views: 430   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 8:56pm
by tycobbwannabe
Question for Keith DeLong
Hi Keith - Are you back from your trip? Today I emailed you and left a voicemail. Can you take your emails from a distance? This is about a potential gig for June 21. Look forward to hearing from you. Ciao...:-)
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 4:24pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
a
Agro
Music
Nice instrument
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2007 9:49am
by Agro
Dutch clip on Google video
click link 1. Wilfred
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 5:41pm
by Wilfred
Love the pictures
One of the best parts of this group is folks posting pictures of their beautiful boxes. I am, uh, 'out of culture' somewhat so very rarely get to see one in real life, so really enjoy seeing nice photos of the fine craftsmanship and endless variety of colors and des...
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2007 8:41am
by Hal Dorsman
Bon Temps accordions (part 2)
forgot to mention both boxes are intern.mic'd and come with their own Peavey carry on bag included in the price. stuff is like new.
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2007 4:20am
by Jean-Pierre
no name accordion-sorry no photo
I saw an accordion the other day,it looked like a Cajun accordion with the 4 stops but the bellows was in 2 sections with a solid piece in the middle and the stops are a bit different, 2 with the melody, one tuned slightly wet, one an octave above and one tuned a thi...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2007 5:54pm
by Keith DeLong
Bois Sec's Funeral
Wake will be Sunday from 5pm to 10pm at St. Mathilda's Catholic Church Hall in Eunice, La. Funeral Mass will be held Monday at 11am also at St. Mathilda's Catholic Church in Eunice. Burial will be at the Cezar Cemetary in L'Anse de Prien Noir, next to Bois Sec'...
Views: 559   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2007 5:21pm
by Cory McCauley
s
Saanen
Workshops with Jeffery Broussard and D'Jalma Garnier - May 20th
Please see the link above for information on Accordion, Fiddle, and Guitar Workshops and Jam Session with Jeffery Broussard and D'Jalma Garnier in Napa, CA this Sunday, May 20th. We'll have workshops, a potluck lunch, and a jam session.
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2007 6:13pm
by Saanen
d
Dwight
"Houma" record label
Any of you locals down there ever heard of the "Houma" record label, and whether it was, in fact, based in Houma, La, or whether it is still around? Yvie and I are on the hunt for info.
Last Post: May 8, 2007 6:17pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Robichaux's dog
So, ol'Robichaux, him had dis retrievin' dog, and everyone heard him was a real good go get'um dog, but ol'Robichaux, him never would take no one out duck hunting. NO ONE. This started rubbin' some folks boudin the wrong way. So, dis group of lawyers and bank folk...
Views: 662   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 6:20pm
by Dwight
Courtney Granger is Teaching Fiddle Lessons
If you live in the area and are interested, you can give him a call at home:337-457-3560 or on his cell phone: 337-250-6832. He lives in Eunice. Wish I was around. I think learning fiddle would be fun! Especially from such a sweet little guy as Courtney.
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2007 8:00am
by Sarah Savoy
festaval in lafavette
ime and momma went to thr feets doctor today and all that mess doewntome man i wished they would stop all the craps caint noboody get anywhere the dam trifficck is piled up i tol momma hope i dont katch a heert attck cause he;ll you would be stone deed before they co...
Views: 456   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 11:54pm
by teebooger
I made it to the Ville Plate Gazettte!
Thanks to Howell Lafleur (Bryan's dad) who pick it up, I just realized that a picture of me was taken while jamming at Balfa Camp last year, and it ended up in the Ville Plate Gazette last week (link above). Isn't it funny? Here's to my short time fame!
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 2:11pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
g
Glenn
Multi-row Tab System
check out reyesaccordions.com for a comprehensive tab system for GCF accordions..and for SENOR MAESTRO programme for windows, which teaches scales.There is a section on the site for music theory with tabbed chords as well. It is valid for all key instruments. GOod...
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 2:06pm
by Glenn
d
Dwight
Bluerunner on my Erica
I'm making a lot more progress than I thought on my double row. I'm playing 1/2 of Bluerunner so far, after only an hour or so. Biggest hassle is getting my fingers in the right configuration in order to reach other buttons in another row, or same row on up the l...
Views: 419   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 9:41pm
by Dwight
j
Joey G
Band lineup for Balfa Week
Wow, What a great lineup. Heard Winky on Swamp n' Roll tonight. Friday--Balfa Toujours Saturday--Music all day Sunday--see above Monday--Steve Riley and The Mamou Playboys Tuesday--Geno Delafosse Wednesday--PLB's Should be a great time. If any of you wi...
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 2:27am
by Joey G
reeds
The second link gives a lot information about reeds.
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 12:27pm
by Ron v D
s
Saanen
Details - Jeffery Broussard Accordion Workshops - April 1
Jeffery Broussard Accordion Workshops Sunday, April 1, 2007 2332 5th Street, Berkeley (cross street Bancroft Way) $25.00/per class Schedule 10:30 - 12:00 Beginning Accordion 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break 1:00 - 2:30 Intermediate/Advanced...
Views: 527   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2007 11:19am
by Saanen
j
JB
Stay Kool.
Well, it just goes to show that if you turn your back for a minute or blink your eyes, you miss something. Took a business trip up to the Nation's Capital for a few days, and when I get back on line, everything here was in turmoil. I'll tell all ya'll, this forum is...
Views: 461   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2007 12:07am
by JB
Martin accordion in C for sale....
I am not extremely pressed to sell it but I do have a Martin accordion in C that I am willing to part with. I would like to order either a fancier one, or a Falcon in C just to try one out, so that would be the only reason for selling my current box. It was built a f...
Views: 641   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 4:43pm
by buttonbox
j
Jude
test
test
Views: 470   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 10:13pm
by Jude
s
Saanen
Accordion Workshops with Jeffery Broussard - April 1, Berkeley, CA
Hi All, No foolin' we're scheduling accordion workshops with Jeffery Broussard on Sunday, April 1st in Berkeley, CA. We'll post more information on time/location/price within the next day or so, but wanted to let you all know so that you can save the date. Priva...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 1:50pm
by Saanen
b
BJ
Hang on in there
I'm sticking around cos there's nowhere else to go when I have a question or even want to just enthuse about something. I can understand the feelings of some. But, if I had been insulted or offended enough to say so long, I reckon I'd keep on looking in, just out of...
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 1:06pm
by BJ
g
Griff
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Chad Hebert: I was one of those that offered a hand out to you, defending your 'right' to be contrarian and hold an opposing point-of-view. You have taken that right and violated it by being mean-spirited, rude,foul mouthed and threatening. I retract my prev...
Views: 541   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 11:43am
by Griff
d
Dwight
I just tripled my fun
No, I didn't go buy a triple row. Just went and bought a new external hard drive. 320gb. This is three times the size of what I had before. Time to pull out some video tapes and start digitizing. I was being parsimonious with my disk space before.
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 8:37pm
by Dwight
hey yall im back me
how yall i bend off for a whiel because my computeor got busted up it fell off in the floors fater jo is letten me use his computeor till i camn fix my otheer computeor boy lawd are my tatters cummin up beans pole beans and greesy beans are cummin up too yea well i g...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 7:51pm
by teebooger
n
Nonc D
What a sad pathetic little man Chadwick
Chad ... I suppose by emailing me with continued foul crap, you have no respect for me, trust me that's fine... But Chad, I do have a wife that sees your disgust as well sometimes before I can delete it out of the in box... and that's not so fine! All this tells...
Views: 648   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 9:54pm
by Nonc D
d
Dwight
incremental unobfuscation
Boy, I make the greatest progress when I don't play! I'm just sitting here working on a version of Bernadette that was just a total barrage of notes coming at me a few months ago. I just fired it up again, and its so easy at this point. Well, so far anyway....
Views: 608   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 8:18pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Mon Vieux Wagon Tab
This is an elementary version of this I'm just starting to work on, but since I typed this up for a friend of mine, I figured I'd post it here too. This is just the A part. I haven't worked out the B part. The B part sounds pretty simple, but just have to sit wi...
Views: 436   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 11:48am
by Dwight
d
Dwight
California Cajun/Creole Music Camp Fundraiser - 3/24 7pm, San Francisco
I didn't think to post this on here, as most folks here look at the local calendar, but just in case: Saturday night, 3/24, at Goat Hall in San Francisco, the Creole Belles and Andrew Carriere will be rocking the house. Dance lesson at 6pm by yours truly, music s...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2007 4:13pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Hey Chad, email me
zydeholic at yahoo dot com
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2007 12:38am
by Dwight
accordion instructors - Balfa camp '07
I've been exchanging email with the folks at Louisiana Folk Roots and here is the lineup of accordion instructors for the Dewey Balfa camp in April. Beginning: Kristi Guillory Intermediate: Dirk Powell Advanced: Ray Abshire Creole/zydeco: Corey "Lil' Pop" Ledet...
Views: 520   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 9:29am
by Rob Krumm
Diatonic Accordion Fest in Memramcook, New Brunswick, June 1-3
Alright, here's an exciting news: This coming June 1-3, there will be a first edition of a diatonic accordion festival in Memramcook, New Brunswick (Canada). Memramcook is located approximately 1/2 hour east of Moncton (South East of NB). For the history junkies like...
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 1:35pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
name of danse
well i guess i aint so dumbs like a few of you thiks me and momma passed by breaux brideg last night lawd doid i pass a good time i danced most evry dance i tol them old folks about yall on heer and tol thenm yall wasnted to no what they call tere danc...
Views: 496   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 8:19pm
by tee-booger
is this thang workin
is this thang workin today----teebooger
Views: 549   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 6:40pm
by tee-booger
n
Nonc D
Urgent Msg for Ed Poullard
check your email & voice msg on your phone. Got an urgent message to pass on to you, give me a call... important. Nonc Dave Mason
Views: 598   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 12:30am
by Nonc D
d
Dwight
Forearm workout
La. Aces Special. 'nuff said. Except that I"m sore.
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2007 10:46pm
by Dwight
r
Ron
Two Step Ste Marie
I'm searching for the lyrics of the Two Step de Ste Marie. I have the song on a tape of Les Freres Michot. It was a tape from 1987. It's very difficult to hear the right lyrics.
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 2:19pm
by Ron
n
Nonc D
HiJack foiled by French speaking pilot - think about it, could'a been Cajun
While the news speaks of a hijacker getting way-laid by a French speaking pilot and passengers ... imagine what it would have/could have been like if the situation were Cajun. First: picture a Cajun airline hi-jacked Second: would'nt matter if they spoke in...
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 12:25pm
by Nonc D
Songs by Joel Sonnier
Came across some songs on the Louisianacajun.com website the other day I had never heard by Joel Sonnier. Go there and under the music section there are several great songs by Joel and a few by Waylon Thibodeaux, and the accompanying discussions on the lyrics if anyo...
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 10:44am
by bryan lafleur
KBON CLUB BENEFITS
Remember your membership not only gives you access to uninterruped high quality sterio streaming, but it also you to take advantage of discounts on monthly featured items, including music. Check out the monthly CD specials, including a great MARDI GRAS music collec...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 8:21am
by Paul Marx
WHY KBON CLUB???
As you may already know, independent locally owned radio stations such as ours have a lot of competition with big corporate radio, plus satellite radio. A recent excerpt from a radio trade magazine claims that spot business (commercials) "may lag behind 2006" but som...
Views: 510   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 8:19am
by Paul Marx
The Balfa Camp instructors' line-up is out!
For the ones who are not on the email list, here's the content of the email I received from Balfa Camp organizers (very tempting!)Who's planning on going?: Bonjour, tout le monde! Hello, everyone! The 2007 Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Heritage Week at Chicot S...
Views: 607   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 3:27pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Rich Lucente's Bon Ton Accordion Band from Kansas City
Since Ed Toler passed , I have no information on where Rich is or what he is doing. Me being in Montana last year did not help either. If anyone knows, let me know please. Merci
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 12:08am
by Dave the Surveyo...
d
Dwight
Eunice Two Step - B Part - Tab anyone?
There's, like, a 4 part B part to Eunice Two Step. I got taught it one time, but didn't retain it. Anyone have a tab for it? Dwight
Views: 542   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 10:16pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Point Noir Two Step
Does ANYONE else play this? Jeez, I'm drawing a blank on the original one I heard, by Ambrose Thibodeaux. Magnolia Sisters do a version, which is the one I do. Its a bit simpler.
Views: 588   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 10:00pm
by Dwight
for the ex marines
Not very cajun but give this a try. Basic form. 55 6' 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 87' 5 5 6' 7'_ 7'_ 65'_ 5 (two times) 888 7 6 7 6_ 7'_ 77' 88 7_ 6 7 8_ 7'_ 55 6' 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 7'_ 87' 5 5 6' 7'_ 7'_ 65'_ 5
Views: 475   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 6:51am
by bryan lafleur
b
BJ
Lyrics
I was just looking through some Hank Williams lyrics on Cowpie, and noticed he had a version of Bayou Pon Pon. Intrigued, I had a looksee what he made of it. You have to smile. He obviously didn't hang around cajun music long enough to find out that, just because...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 1:18pm
by BJ
n
Nonc D
Mark and Freida - a pair of ailing squeezers
On the phone yesterday catching up on some folks. First Call: Freida fusilier - had hand surgery (bad arthritus). Doubts she will play accordion any more. Such, that she is selling her sound system and gear also some accordions. Too bad for this gigging lady s...
Views: 538   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 1:00am
by Nonc D
Bon Cajun C for sale
I just listed My Bon Cajun box on ebay. Key of C Dry tuned ready to go. Bidding starts at 600.00 no reserve. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160069181760&rd=1&rd=1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 6:47pm
by Todd Webb
n
neal
Duralde Waltz/Long Pt. Two Step on Les Amis Creole
Sorry for the cross posting! You can find more professional reviews of the cd, I am sure, but I just want to single out two of the songs on this cd: Duralde Waltz, and Long Point Two Step. That pair of tunes would have made a nice single, side A and side B! For me...
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 8:24pm
by neal
Marc Savoy Homemade Music
I'm down here in LA today and went by Savoy Music Center. Marc has a stack of DVDs that contain all 5 episodes of the DIY feature on him building an accordion. He is not allowed to sell them, but he can give them away. If you didn't get them recorded, you might be...
Views: 590   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 11:13pm
by shannon
A big thank you to Mr. Latten Miller!
A couple weeks ago one of the flappers on my Master Bb snapped off due to metal fatigue in the wire. Since Charlie Ortego has passed away I couldn't send it to him. I called Larry Miller and told him what had happened, and since it was a Master accordion, he sugges...
Views: 602   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 2:03pm
by David Sousa
j
Josh
Wlater Mouton Lyrics
Can anyone help me with the lyrics to Walter Mouton's version of "J'ai ete au bal"? It's one of my favorite versions but I have a hard time understanding some of his lyrics.
Views: 598   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2006 4:24pm
by Josh
Plans for Mardi Gras??
Any braves coming down to Cajun Country for Mardi Gras this coming year?? I'm always looking forward to meeting new friends.
Views: 543   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2006 7:29pm
by Joey Guillory
Next Steve Riley Instructional DVD
I just got back from hearing Steve Riley tonight. He said that he and Wilson finished a beginner accordion instructional DVD. It should be out in a few weeks.
Views: 564   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2006 12:43am
by shannon
n
neal
Terrific New Book on Cajun Music
Sorry for the cross-posting. Here's a little story about Accordions, Fiddles, Two Step and Swing by Ryan Brasseaux and Kevin Fontenot at my Web site: (live link above) http://www.cajunpress.com/viewtopic.php?t=26 I just got it in the mail today and have already r...
Views: 599   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 9:47pm
by neal
b
BJ
Samples
Anybody heard of Rock-a-Bye Records? I was looking for Chicken Scratch, since Glenn got me on it, and this site came up. You can listen to samples that must be nearly a full track long. I put Cajun into their search facility and quite a list came up. I find with s...
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 12:24pm
by BJ
portret
if the link works you will see a number of paintings.go to page two, you can do that by clicking "volgende pagina"in the right bottom corner. click the one that says:Sonny Boy ( the Juke Joints) this is one of our local one row players, not cajun but bluesrock. i...
Views: 521   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2006 11:06am
by Wilfred
g
Glenn
Vintage Acadian(s) on eBay
Thought I'd give a thumbs up to Braves that there is a vintage 80's Marc Savoy Acadian box in D on eBay... you may find a C box as well from same seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270061844220 Enjoy the view ! GLENN
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2006 1:30pm
by Glenn
b
BJ
Nonc D
Take heart, Nonc. I haven't yet figgered out how to get those smiley faces onto my post! BJ
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2006 1:17pm
by BJ
m
MarkS
Congrats Ed, Jagneaux and Bodhi
Congrats fella's on your new box, and I do hope you gents get a picture posted. But if you need help, I believe Miss Joanie can help you out on that, she is the nice lady that runs this board, just drop her a note or email. Marks
Views: 479   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2006 8:08am
by MarkS
r
ron
Danse de la Vie
Video with Michael Doucet, Sharon Shannon, Aly Bain, Russ Barenberg, Jerry Douglas ....
Views: 541   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2006 12:35pm
by ron
r
Roy
Vote For L'Angélus!
Vote for L'Angélus! Sure, there's no accordian part in the song, but they're really good, they sing in French and they're from Louisiana! Vote as many times as you want! Listen to their song "Ça C'est Bon!" and keep voting till the song finishes!...
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2006 1:14am
by Roy
j
Josh
Lyrics
Can anyone give me the lyrics to "Cinquante piastre mes vieux cullotte et ma pickup truck" (50 dollars my old pants and my pickup truck). The only recording I have was done live and the words are hard to make out. Merci
Views: 640   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2006 1:17pm
by Josh
Dirk Powell's videos for Beginner accordion
Any beginner's who are interested in checking out these videos and have a blockbuster online acct can get these videos through blockbuster. Michael Doucet's fiddle video is also available
Views: 595   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2006 10:30am
by Joey Guillory
Bruce D'aigrepont ending a song at Balfa Camp on YouTube
Here's another clip I came across this morning while going though my material from Balfa Camp 06, which I thought would be worth sharing.Maz
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2006 3:55pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Clip of Water Mouton, U.J. Meaux & Christine Balfa at Balfa Camp on YouTube
Here's another short clip I captured at Balfa Camp during one of the Master presentation. Maz
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2006 3:29pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Late night jam at Balfa Camp last April on YouTube
This morning, I was going through some clips I had taken at Balfa Camp last April... I'll be posting a few. Here's a quick one during one of the late night (early morning really) jams we had. Great souvenirs...:-) Maz
Last Post: Nov 11, 2006 3:14pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Sydney Brown
I made a serious error - the name on the accordion I have is Sidney Brown from Lake Charles. Marc Savoy says he is the first, copying a German model.
Views: 500   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2006 10:33am
by sid gray
c
Chad
CajunMusicForum going down
hey folks just wanted to let ya'll know that i'm pulling my forum down...since we moved it to a new server its been full of bugs and problems...last night a member sent me a private message in which i get a email sent to me when they do that....when i clicked on the...
Views: 518   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2006 5:25pm
by Chad
There's a nice old German box on Ebay...
There's a nice oldie on EBay, item #290042969898. It seems to be in great shape. Maz
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2006 8:23am
by Maz - Acadien du...
hohner corona III - ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200034759950&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D200034759950%2B%26fvi%3D1 hohner corona III seller tells me it;s GCF though she knows nothing about accordions, as...
Views: 471   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2006 2:34pm
by larry english
r
Roy
Vote for L'Angélus!
Go here! http://www.heyupod.com/ Vote for L'Angélus! Do it now! Vote more than once! Repeat this procedure tomorrow! ---Roy---
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2006 2:12pm
by Roy
Racine' s CD
Just wondering if anyone else has picked up the new Racine's Cd....I picked it up Thursday along with 4 DVD's of footage I shot at Balfa Week (I know I'm a little late, but I'm busy)...If anyone else has picked it up, I was wondering what ya'll think...I think the fi...
Views: 521   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2006 9:47pm
by Joey Guillory
Update: CFMA auction accordion on eBay
Yes, it's still gonna happen: the Brazilian Rosewood CFMA auction accordion will be sold on eBay. Larry's in the process of getting proper pictures done, and expects to have it listed soon. There will also be an announcement on the CFMA website. The buyer will have t...
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2006 10:53am
by Chuck in Indy
LA MAZURKA
As I wrote before, in late august, I recorded one of my songs: "La Mazurka" at La Louisianne Records, Lafayette. It is now on line on my website, "Francadian Music Tradition". Just go to http://gerarddole.free.fr Here is a passage from Henri Celarius book "La...
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2006 3:26pm
by Gerard Dole
p
Pdubya
Tis it er taint it so ?
A few posts back there were threats of the L Miller box from the cultural institute raffle being on E-Bay cause the winner took a Balsa wood box instead. What ever happened with that?, not that I could bid beyond the first day anyway..... I sure did have my hopes...
Views: 527   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2006 9:32pm
by Pdubya
O.T... but very funny O.T.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=648332312 You gotta love a dog that keps his foot in place...
Views: 526   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2006 11:27pm
by Tom Quinn
New Festival in Lafayette!
OK, I guess I'm not blocked! Check out the Red Stick Ramblers' new Black Pot Festival coming up in November, the 10th and 11th, in Lafayette. There's a website, or go through the RSR site. See you there!
Views: 488   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 3:32pm
by Chuck in Indy
Adam Hebert
Has anyone heard anything about Adam Hebert having a stroke? I was listening to the Liberty Theater broadcast last night and thought I heard Barry Ancelet mention it, but I'm not sure. Joe
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 2:40pm
by Tee-Joe
g
Glenn
Vintage Hohner Corona IIIR MINT on eBay.
I've listed a mint condition 1960's Hohner Corona IIIR , 3 reed triple row with 5 registers. Literally never played, with original box and plastic wrapping on left hand strap. Just in case anyone is looking to go Zydeco ! G.
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 11:30am
by Glenn
Need Cajun musicians for gig in Singapore Sept. 29th - Take 2-
My friend is still looking for a fiddle player, and/or accordion player, for a gig on Sept. 29th in Singapore. If interested, please email David Picus at dpicus@narus(no spam).com remove (no spam) before sending. (No, I don't think he has the budget to fly yo...
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 11:50am
by DP Mandell
Rhythm & Roots and other festival sets online
This website: http://www.mvyradio.com/music_info/rhythm_&_roots_festival_2006.php# has archived many sets of music from last weekend's Rhythm and Roots festival, including two by Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. This link from their site: http://www.m...
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 10:33am
by Russell Roberts
Iry LeJeune, Jr. Revisited
I spoke to Ron Yule who is writing the new book on Iry and asked to please consider including something on the confusing subject of "Iry,Jr." Both he and Ervin LeJeune (for whom the book is dedicated) agreed that it would be good to include something in the book....
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2006 11:09pm
by chris miller
n
neal
Selections from the 50s-60s. Bingo! Domino!
A generous donation landed some selections from the 50s-60s. Notable: Pee Wee Broussard's New Iberia Stomp and Valse des Bons Amis, Sidney Brown's La Misere de Mon Beau Pere, and others by Blackie Fruge, Rodney LeJeune, Marc Savoy. I like the way Sidney Brown reco...
Views: 482   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 9:11pm
by neal
Mamou festival
Just got in from the Mamou festival. Kind of like going to a 2 day all you can eat buffet except with music, and it was all good. One of the main reasons I went was to see Larry Miller's workshop on building accordions. I got a couple of questions answered and a...
Views: 463   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 7:31pm
by bryan lafleur
Pine leaf Boys Write Up in Singout
These guys truly are monsters of the best kind. There's a very nicely done article in this quarter's issue. Might be time to order a sample copy if you don't subscribe.
Views: 544   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 4:14pm
by Wingingit
Looking for musicians interested in Cajun music in Singapore.
I have a friend in Singapore that is looking for others interested in Cajun music. (He is a musician) Anyone out there from Singapore or Malasia? DP
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 11:45am
by DP Mandell
c
Chad
Cleoma's Ghost
i found this video of Cleoma's Ghost on youtube...nice playing Roger! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNf-KNl2fmk
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 12:55am
by Chad
t
Toby
Speaking of CFMA
I had the satisfaction of attending the CFMA festival saturday in Lafayette and it was sure great. Ray Abshire and Friends, Pine Leaf Boys, etc. what a great line up. You can't beat it - and that accordion for raffle was just awsome! I talked with Mr. Miller and his...
Views: 513   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 11:07pm
by Toby
Jam Session
Hey guys and gals, if you are in the Lafayette Louisiana area on saturday afternoon, check out the Jam Session at the Louisiana Heritage and Gift shop. They are located on Gloria Switch Road right off of Hwy 167 north from IH10. Harry Trahan plays the accordion along...
Views: 526   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 5:40pm
by Roland Ledet
Abshire/Granger/Michot Workshop in Berkeley
Saturday afternoon, September 2nd in Berkeley. Ray Abshire, Courtney Granger and Andre Michot will conduct a 4 hour Accordion, Fiddle & Guitar Workshop. For details: http://www.californiafriends.org/events.php e-mail me or call for a flyer: dly@noryost.com...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2006 11:59am
by Don Yost
New Accordion Teaching Video by W. Savoy
Checkout www.Almenapictures.com/accordionindepth/index.html for the new Wilson Savoy cajun accordion instructional video.
Views: 497   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2006 11:11am
by cajun*green*eyes
European Cajun & Zydeco music Award 2006
Here are the winners : http://www.cajunweb.de/award/index.htm
Views: 488   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2006 4:20am
by J.Helin
Looking for a used C box...
Hey guys, I have a friend who picked around on my box the other day and is now in the hunt for a reasonably priced box. He is probably looking to spend a little less than a grand, but I advised him against getting a Hohner Arriette. Even if anyone has a HA-114, tha...
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2006 3:21pm
by Joey Guillory
d
Darryl
Aussie CowboyZ Gig Photo
Joanie, Thanks for the photo header of us Aussie boyZ. Let me say from the outset that we had set the band name to reflect the eclectic Aussie audience music mix we felt would work ( Cajun, Creole, Zydeco and Country/Blues ) and at the same time satisfy the mus...
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2006 8:44pm
by Darryl
e
Ed
10 Button single Row
A friend of mine in Ireland says the are a lot of 10 button single row accordions in their music competitions but not many go to the Irish tradition music sessions. I find that interesting in that I would have thought it would be the other way around; more in sessio...
Views: 496   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2006 11:28am
by Ed
Upadates to KarlitosWayAccordions.com
Fellas: I hope you all had a good weekend and hope that the men blessed to be parents had a great Father’s Day. I wanted to let you know that I finally made some long over due updates to my website www.karlitoswayaccordions.com! Please feel free to drop i...
Last Post: Jun 19, 2006 8:08am
by Karlos Landin, J...
n
neal
Good luck with Alberto
To the Braves from Florida, good luck with Alberto! Looks like you are catching a lot of rain and some flooding.
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2006 9:06am
by neal
Gene Losey .. U There?
Hi Gene! I think I have a good email address for you, but am not sure. Could you please email me your contact info? Merci! --Big
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2006 8:07am
by Big Nick
Bill Sullivans Polka ~ Picture & Soundfile
I'm not sure this tune is right for us on the forum as it is an Irish polka. But it does show a way of putting the key numbers over the note values so you can get some idea of the timing in the tune plus which key to use. The tune is written in the ABC system and...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2006 6:26am
by From Ed Harrison...
c
craig
Get well soon, Roy
Roy Carrier suffered a stroke this past week in Philly, PA. Reports are that he is alert and reponsive, but still driven to perform. He needs to stay put and get well. My prayers are with you Roy, Craig
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2006 9:40am
by craig
uploading videos
Found a site that allows users to upload videos for free. Users are allowed to upload a max of 30.00 MB a week. All videos can also be downloaded without but with no registration. Might be worth a try since it is free. Will not work if using Linux. The site is a...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2006 9:30pm
by daytona7
g
Glenn
To Cajun Green Eyes
My emails to you get bounced back from the spinaltap address... can you send another? thanks. Glenn
Views: 457   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2006 9:08am
by Glenn
j
Joey B
Attn: Aaron C
I must have written your email wrong. It keeps bouncing back. Email me. Joey
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2006 10:17am
by Joey B
g
Ganey
Paging Aaron Chesson, please!
Aaron, please contact me at the email address above.
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 12:32pm
by Ganey
Bon Soir, Catin : Correct Link
Sorry about that! Try the link above.
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 3:25pm
by Steven Kunasek
Bon Soir, Catin
Check out the link above and find out about the latest "girl" band that plays Louisiana French music. They'll be playing a La Poussiere in Breaux Bridge with the Lost Bayou Ramblers on Friday, May 5th. I hope to be there. Steve from Omaha
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 3:20pm
by Steven Kunasek
Festival International and Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival
My wife, sister-in-law and I are heading down to Louisiana to attend the Festival International and the Breaux Bridge Crawsfish Festival. We'll be staying with friends in Breaux Bridge most of the trip. We'll also spend a couple of nights in New Orleans visiting fami...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 3:42pm
by Steven Kunasek
every coming down here to la
Hey everyone who is coming down here for the balfa thing. If anyone is interested in accordian lessons while you are down here let me know.
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2006 9:53am
by Aaron Paul Chess...
m
matt
aaron chesson - email
aaron, I posted a message to you earlier (under 'info. on instructor'), and tried sending you another email at the ugotthebest...@aol.com address you listed. The email got returned, again. If you think you might want to provide some 1-on-1 lessons during week of Ap...
Last Post: Apr 3, 2006 11:53am
by matt
t
Toby
Fundraiser
Anyone gonna make Mitch Reed's fundraiser tomorrow?
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2006 1:00pm
by Toby
Danny Collet -- new CD
...is very enjoyable! It's entitled, "I Can't Sleep If I Can't Sleep With You." Yeah, I know, the title is a bit long, and the title track isn't necessarily the best cut on the disc. But perhaps Acadiana Sound's, Fred Charlie could have convinced Danny (like he chang...
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 6:45pm
by Rick Reid
g
glenn
Martin in D up for grabs soon..
Just to let anyone interested that I will have a used Martin in D up for sale soon. Have to get pics still. email me if interested. I'm accepting best offer over $995 plus $100 shipping.. ( no case ) . Light ( cherry? ) wood in color with metal buttons. Good to Ver...
Views: 484   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 12:19pm
by glenn
"Mama´s tired" lyrics
Hi How goes lyrics to Nathan& Zydeco Cha Chas song " Mama´s tired"
Views: 457   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 5:42am
by J.helin
You've heard of lip synching, but what about this "accordion"?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GERMAN-SELF-PLAYING-BUTTON-ACCORDION-ACCORDIAN_W0QQitemZ7398874523QQcategoryZ16218QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Views: 562   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2006 8:02am
by Russ Roberts
Wayne Toups' accordion keys
Wayne Toups absoluely killed at the St. Pete's Fla festival Sat. nite. What a band! He used two 2 key single row Falcons. One I guess was a c/d. What was the other?
Views: 538   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2006 2:12pm
by Johnny Ace
ACCORDION REPAIR
Larry Miller of BON TEE CAJUN accordions is teaching an Accordion Repair course at Augusta Heritage in July
Last Post: Mar 13, 2006 8:02pm
by cajungreeneyes
la robe barre, as played by bois sec ardoin
hi everybody, I really love the song "la robe barre" played by bois sec ardoin, but I didn´t manage to learn the whole song on my 1-row accordion, anybody who can help me (espescially with the bridge) maybe anyone out there tabbed it already ;-) Tha...
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 4:32am
by bernhard
Used C Accordion
I am interested in buying a used Cajun C accordion. Please call (608-204-7615) or email (jcendicott@gmail.com) me if you have one to sell. Thanks. John Madison, WI
Views: 415   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 12:55pm
by John Endicott
d
Dwight
Cajun Capers - Remastered
The audio processing software techniques must have taken a big leap forward recently. I just bought this 4 cd box set, Cajun Capers - Cajun Music 1928 - 1954, by Proper Records, and they cleaned up a LOT of background static. You can still hear some, but, I can h...
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2006 4:53pm
by Dwight
n
neal
Edwin Duhon, original Hackberry Rambler, has passed
Edwin Duhon, co-founder of the Hackberry Ramblers, has passed. Information on the Ramblers Web site linked above. He will be missed!
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 3:11pm
by neal
Anyone in the Maryland area?
My Cajun group, CC Ramblers is playing at the Immaculate Heart of Mary church, on Loch Raven Blvd, in Baltimore County from 6 pm to 8pm tomorrow (Mardi Gras time, baby!) email me for directions Jim
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2006 9:39pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Mardi Gras in La
Finally have the opportunity to see La and looking forward to all the events going on in Cajun Country.. Flying in Sat and leaving the end of next week. Be nice to put a face to some of you guys, so let me know if you're going to be around somewhere - meet, jam, brea...
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 12:05pm
by Steve from New J...
d
Dwight
Madame Faielle on fiddle
This one's kinda got me stumped. Anyone got a tab for this to start me off, fiddle tab? He's playing tuned down as far as I can tell, but the opening note is more like an Eb than an E.
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 12:38am
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Two Step d'la Afrique
Anyone play this? Its an Ambrose tune that's always intrigued me. Think I"m gonna add it to my list of songs to learn. I was fooling with it today and it didn't seem too far out of reach.
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 9:31pm
by Dwight
MARTIN " D " VINTAGE 1998
Anyone looking for a Martin squeezebox in " D "? There is a vintage 1998 model for sale on E-bay. Check it out.
Views: 676   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2006 5:59pm
by cajungreeneyes
g
Ganey
Jesse Lege' and the Southern Ramblers
I know there are a lot of Jesse fans here so you probably already have the CD, but I have it on sale for $13.99 until the end of the month.
Views: 494   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2006 6:43pm
by Ganey
Bb accordion
Hi. Just learned about this forum. Been looking for a Louisiana made Bb for a long time, by Martin or Savoy. Bought a Martin C 2 yrs ago. Mr Martin has just raised his prices by approx 500.00 in the last year. A bit steep. Looking for a good used Bb. Anyone know of o...
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 10:47am
by Jean-Louis Brune...
lyrics for One-step A Chaumont
Hello, would anyone be able to help me out with those lyrics? I have the Wallace Cheese Rease/Marc Savoy recording but can't really make it out. Thanks Jean-Pierre
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 9:36pm
by Jean-Pierre \"...
NEW PINE LEAF BOYS CD SHIPPING
Anyone buy a copy of the Pine Leaf Boys CD? After delays, Wilson Savoy says it is finally shipping on January 13th.
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 2:11pm
by cajungreeneyes
Mardi Gras gig available in New York
Hello Braves, the Silver Leaf tavern in the NY area is looking for a band this Mardi Gras. If any one on the east coast is interested please contact kelly.day@silvertavern.com best of everything in 06
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2006 8:20pm
by Jean-Pierre \"S...
VIDEO link of accordionist Joel Guzman
Hey fellas: The following link is a somewhat blurry video clip I taped of Joel Guzman this past summer at the end of an Accordion Workshop he held in the Alamo, TX. He does a little improv upon the request of some of the students and plays a few different styles o...
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 9:18pm
by Karlos Landin, J...
Just back from Acadiana
Just got back from my first trip to Acadiana (Lafayette etc.). El Sido's, Richard's Club, Vermillionville, Cafe Des Amis. One musical highlight among many was catching L'Angelus at Gallagher's Sunday afternoon. They started out without an accordion player so of cou...
Views: 529   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 10:27am
by Johnny Ace
THE ROUGH GUIDE TO CAJUN DANCE - CD REVIEW
A couple of weeks, I picked this CD: Cajun Dance, by Music Rough Guide (see link above). It contains a selection of various bands including Steve Riley, Jambalaya Cajun Band, Beausoleil, Zachary Richard, Magnolia Sisters, Feufollet, Hadley Castille, Balfa Toujours,...
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2005 2:27pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
g
Griff
Peace...
to each of you that have unknowingly filled empty spaces in my soul, shown your life as a work of beauty and made each undiscovered moment a priceless gift. Merry Christmas! Griff
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 10:06pm
by Griff
Merry Christmas ya'll!
Listening to Savoy / Doucet's version of 'Tits Yeux Noirs and for some reason it has always reminded me of snow falling and winter. Could be because I'm from Maryland. The way they do it almost sounds like a Christmas carol. Merry Christmas!
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 9:18pm
by Jim Pettijohn
A Christmas Gift for all-
Yes Merry Christmas to All... and here's a little gift for those who don't already have one... http://www.sundog.net/carolofthechins/flash/index.html type in any carol and the chins will sing it for you, Don't miss the 12 days of Christmas or Joy to the Worl...
Views: 534   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 11:49am
by soundhound
my GCF Gabbie is closing on ebay soon......
Hi you guys, That ruby red Gabbie in GCF in on ebay and will be closing soon. Just wanted to let those of you who are interested, as it is a very nice instrument with 3 reeds per note(and recently tuned) merry christmas Kirk Jones
Views: 565   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 8:57am
by kirk jones
d
Dwight
Show off your babies
I guess I'm just on a roll with these Yahoo groups. I'm thinking about getting a new box built, and am looking for ideas. So, I've created a Yahoo group where folks can post photos of their pride and joys (accordions only please). This way, they can stay up th...
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2005 10:21pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Regards from Holly Wood
How does this wood hold up in an accordion. I've heard it is prone to warping, and dents easily. Any feedback?
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 9:40pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Yet another Yahoo group - for accordion licks
Since the postings of tablature here eventually cycle off, and there's no directy way to search for a song name and its tab at the same time, I've started yet another yahoo group. The address is above. I've only got two of my tabs up there now. Does anyone mind...
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 2:59pm
by Dwight
a
aaron
hubert maitres xmas party
hi everyone was just wondering who all is going to Hubert Maitre's xmas party this year. I usually go almost every year but not this year i dont belive. Its always great when I have went. You get to play any instrument you want basically rather you suck or not. Its i...
Views: 506   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 10:08pm
by aaron
n
Nonc D
at ya with a new email address
This has been a busy Fall season (remodeling). Through all the to-do's with this inside re-doing, came a new music room for me to slip away and enjoy to the fullest. Took one of the three bd. rooms on the otherside of the house and converted it to a victorian music...
Views: 466   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 11:40pm
by Nonc D
Cajun Special / Rudy Lejeune
Does anyone know anything about the "Cajun Special" accordion made by Rudy LeJeune in Estherwood, LA? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 540   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 5:15pm
by Sambeaux
hey joe hall....
Hi Joe, man, I need your number. I'll call you. How's the Fontenot project coming along? Kirk
Views: 435   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 9:00am
by K.jones
j
Joe D
Great new CD's
It felt like Christmas this afternoon when the mailman brought me a little box from Floyd's Record Shop containing the Lost Bayou Ramblers new CD - Bayou Perdu and Ray Abshire's new release, arrete pas la musique. If you have not checked these 2 new CD's out, I wou...
Views: 576   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2005 11:40pm
by Joe D
j
Jason
My borrowed accordeon
Well, my cousin pulled through and showed up with a tiny old suitcase. Inside was a Regal (why did I think Martin?) black D box. The box is made in Germany and has the Ariette reed stop positions (down=on). It's a wonderful box, bellows are good, it's cajun tuned...
Views: 611   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 6:10pm
by Jason
d
Dwight
Lyrics to Chubby Carrier's "Madeline"???
Any know the lyrics to this song? You can get a download of it off of Amazon.com, if you don't have one.
Views: 475   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 4:17pm
by Dwight
t
tommee
good & bad news from Mr. Danny Dyson
I posted the question some time ago if anyone had any news from Danny Dyson since Rita hit. I finially got some news yesterday. Danny, Lori and the kids are all fine & it appears that their house had only minor damage. That, of course, is wonderful news. Other me...
Views: 628   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 10:24am
by tommee
j
Joe D.
Oh Bebe
Hi all, I've been learning "Oh Bebe" off the Lost Bayou Ramblers CD....does anyone have the written lyrics they can post? I can't seem to get them down off the CD> Merci!
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2005 1:40pm
by Joe D.
b
Blair
Update from around Beaumont (Jude and Ed)
Jude called yesterday (so good to hear his voice!) so thought I would pass on what I have learned. He is back at his home, trying to do clean-up, although services in Groves are not restored. In Beaumont, on the other hand, services are back, and Ed has been back h...
Views: 602   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2005 12:49pm
by Blair
h
HB
Getting a turn
Hi ya all I have been playin now about 4 years now. I can usually figure out a given "A" part in time. The problem is learning a "B" part that sounds "Cajun". I sense that there are some rifs that are simular in a lot of "B" parts that inhance the Cajun sound...
Views: 627   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2005 11:18am
by HB
g
Ganey
Attention Chris MIller
Chris, If you are checking the board, shoot me an email.
Views: 628   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 1:08pm
by Ganey
Broken Family Waltz
Looking for someone to post the lyrics to the Broken Family Waltz. It's on Jimmy Breaux's second CD and Kevin Naquin's "Pour le premiere fois." I didn't see it in the books by Ann Savoy or Raymond Francois.
Views: 756   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 7:46am
by Russ Roberts
1 2 3 4

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!