Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Love Bug time again
For all accordion players in Florida and Louisiana would love to hear home remedies for removing love bugs from ones ride. I tried playing while I was driving but that did not scare the little *******s away
Views: 524   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 6, 2009 4:17pm
by Peer
j
JB
Doug Kershaw
We're going to the Festivals Acadiens et Creoles in Lafayette for the first time this year, and I was really happy to see that Doug Kershaw and Jimmy C. Newman are the headliners, as well as Jo-el Sonnier. Kershaw and Newman and Harry Choates are the guys who star...
Views: 440   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 6, 2009 11:52am
by randy4u
Bryan LaFleur's Accordions
Hey Bryan, I see you have the start of a web site for your babies. Like I told you in Mamou, the one on the top left of your picture is one of the best looking accordions I have seen. If they all look and play as good as the one I played at your dads store, you...
Views: 655   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 5, 2009 10:23pm
by CB
t
tidam
Aldus Roger, Lawrence Walker, Andrew Cormier, Maurice Barzas
I've read in an earlier post here where Mark Savoy was quoted as saying at an accordion workshop that a good accordion player for a beginner to try to emulate is Aldus Roger (paraphrase). That seems nonsensical to me since most if not all of his two-steps are over 20...
Views: 656   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 5, 2009 6:05pm
by CB
Perrodin Two Step origin?
Hi Braves, Here's another "where-did-it-come-from" query. What is the origin of "Perrodin" in "Perrodin Two Step"? The best that I can determine, it was the author of the song's name? Merci! --Big
Views: 584   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 5, 2009 5:40pm
by CB
Pedal accordion
Just a curiosity of the past : http://jeanluc.matte.free.fr/articles/typologie/harmonium.htm
Views: 522   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 5, 2009 2:55pm
by fiddler2007
bohemian
Bohemian, what type of accordion do you build?
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2009 9:46am
by bohemian
Hathaway 2-step chord pattern?
The chord pattern of the Hathaway 2-Step is driving me crazy. It seems like (on a C accordion) that it is 4 measures of G, 2 of D, then 2 of G - sometimes. Other times it seems like there's an extra measure of G, either tacked on the end or the beginning. Like may...
Views: 471   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 4, 2009 9:29am
by Ganey Arsement
r
Ryan
tit yeux noir
Just heard on 1470 am (SW Louisiana) radio tit yeux noir played by wayne toups. Never heard him play that before. That's not on any of his cd's, anyone know if this was live or is this new????
Views: 464   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2009 7:47am
by Ryan
k
KarlS
Banner Pics
Big, Great job on the new graphics. I know Randy4u is so proud of the left center one....LOL!!!!!! hee hee hee
Views: 422   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 3:00pm
by randy4u
Great Pics!
Who's Walter Mouton playing with? Great shot of Christine and her little girl. She's such a lovely lady. Glad to see the change.
Views: 427   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 2:56pm
by randy4u
Pine Leaf Boys particularly Drew Simon
The last couple of weeks, I have been listening to the evolution of the PLBs. The growth represented from CD 1 to CD 3 is fantastic. In the past, I have been critical of the PLBs because the individual members have been, and still are, members of various ensembles wh...
Views: 573   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 11:56am
by Justin
Can anyone help?
Hi i bought an accordion sometime ago and i swear this thing is about to whip me(LOL)I am looking for any kind of help,advice,websites,etc. to help to learn to play.if there is anyoneout there who would take the time to just push me in the right direction i would tru...
Views: 599   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 8:43am
by stewart matte
j
Joey G
What happened here...
on this board. I remember the good old days when I used to log in on here and learn some really cool stuff. Have we just run out of good stuff to talk about. Seems like most of the "good" posters have quit posting nearly as much. The ******* contests really need...
Views: 612   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 5:02am
by craig
j
JB
"Bee" Revisited
There was a little discussion a few threds back about "Bee de la Manche" Chris Miller and Geno both have accordion versions, and Mamou Playboys have a fiddle version. For the life of me, I can't figure how to start this number out on the 10 button and give it...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 2, 2009 4:23pm
by Ganey Arsement
w
WF
CFMA Award Winners 2009
Figured this would start some topics of convo. 2009 Winners Fiddler Of The Year: Travis Benoit Accordionist Of The Year: Paul Daigle Female Vocalist Of The Year: Helene Boudreaux Male Vocalist Of The Year: Ray Landry Best 1st CD: "H...
Views: 551   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 2, 2009 1:24pm
by Patrick
j
Joey G
Slim Bellard Key of C for sale
Saw this on local craigslist: cajun accordion made by floyd"slim"bellard of eunice,la. key of "c" / with binci reeds mint condition.,also comes with pick up,new 25ft. cord,case, and 50 watt peavy amp. phone 337-585-7488 anyone know anything about this builde...
Views: 1110   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 2, 2009 1:17pm
by Ganey Arsement
Martin C
I now have a used Martin C accordion with fixed, or non operational stops purchased through Castiglione. While Castiglione's description of the hardware as "chrome" was inaccurate, (the corners and flappers are actually gold) the instrument is very impressive overal...
Views: 908   Replies: 38
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 10:50pm
by bryan lafleur
vgfqYJHUFsGCbYS
9hIvxA djxjybifwtff, nznxqwaxlttv, [link=http://vpsylmoawfpz.com/]vpsylmoawfpz[/link], http://kcgwhhfalcrh.com/
Views: 376   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 8:19pm
by Big Nick
Jo-El Sonnier's Martin on ebay
Just saw this on ebay. See link #1. $2995 to buy now? WOW I think I'll pass.
Views: 784   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 11:45am
by Jon Melancon
Origin of "Fi Fi Poncho"?
Hello Braves! So, does anyone know what the title "Fi Fi Poncho" means? Is it some sort of poncho, or someone's name or what? Inquiring minds want to know Merci, --Big
Views: 644   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 9:50pm
by Tom
Accordion for Sale?
I have a buddy interested in buying a used accordion. Preferably in the Key of C. Anyone know of any?
Views: 793   Replies: 29
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 2:01pm
by Le Piquant
d
Darryl
Bee La Manche
Canray Fontenot has always been a huge favourite of mine...and I've been thinking of working up Bee La Manche for my band, but can't quite get a handle on the lyrics. Could anyone ? Neal ?.. steer me in the right direction for them. The song has been covered by th...
Views: 452   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 8:46am
by JB
a
aaron
steel guitar player in rayne, la
hi everyone i was just wondering if any of you know how to get ahold of a steel guitar player whom lives in rayne, la his name is Windell (not sure if im spelling the last name right) Lobby
Views: 430   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 2:58pm
by aaron
Yvette Landry
Yvette landry's father, Lindsey passed away last evening at home. I am pretty sure that his service will be handled by Pellerin Funeral home in Breaux bridge. Anyone who knows Yvette,will see the resemblance in her dad.Lindsey was a retired educator and supervisory s...
Views: 509   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 9:00am
by meloderon
a
aaron
pedal steel guitar
does anyone know of any pedal steel guitar makers or people who do repairs or add ons other than danny cormier around the lake charles are or the golden triangle?
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 12:14am
by Evelyn&Richard W...
Lyrics - Recording of: Mulberry Waltz?
Hello again Braves! Would anyone know of a good source for the Lyrics of "Mulberry Waltz" or for that matter, know who has made a nice recording of it? Merci beaucoup! --Big
Views: 586   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 5:04pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Views: 571   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 26, 2009 10:49pm
by Wingingit
La Cajun Festival In Lafayette
Anyone get to go to La Cajun Festival in Lafayette this weekend? If so, how was it? T'Jim
Views: 516   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 26, 2009 12:34am
by wingingit
Begnaud Hous Jam
Mama Redell wants to thank eveyone who is showing up for the Jammin on the Porch @ the Begnaud House. It is the sound of yester years, the Old Bal de Maison. Looking forward to all friday nights now,, The town folks also, were very apprecitive. Please spread the wo...
Views: 389   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 11:18pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Acadian
The new Acadian arrived today. I am less than pleased as the #3 note on the push has an altogether unacceptable amount of reed leather sputter and the tuning is not as clean as I would like. I also don't care for the smell or feel of Pledge on anything in my house,...
Views: 1328   Replies: 21
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 4:05pm
by bohemian
bass player and drummer
Looking for a drummer and bass player in the lake charles area or surrounding area for newly starting band. Email me or call anytime 337-802-3608.
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 1:35pm
by stewart matte
Hohner 114 Tweaks ?
You guys hit up on the Ariete tweaks, some were quite violent and some were more civilized. What about H114 tweaks? This being the Cajun Accordion as denominator, my question is, to be more clear, What about H114 tweaks as pertaining to playing Cajun music on that...
Views: 464   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 23, 2009 2:02pm
by bryan lafleur
Lacassine Special on a Gab.
OK Braves, you can all judge for yourselves. Great chops on this kid.
Views: 780   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 23, 2009 1:44pm
by Peer
d
Darryl
JURE
Our band has slotted into the playlist a variation on Lynn August's Jure#2... ..we do an uptempo Zydeco Son Pas Sale, semi- a'cappella style ( albeit we use a bass guitar beat and handclaps ))then slot in two accordion breaks. It seems to go over well with the fa...
Views: 584   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 22, 2009 2:14am
by JP Bruneau
b
BJ
Lafayette Rhythm Devils
Just got home from an extended stay in France after Saulieu. What a great band the LRD were. And so well balanced - the saddest, most miserable looking 'tit-fer jockey on one end and , at the other, on bass, the happiest looking musician since Canray Fontenot. Who...
Views: 552   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 21, 2009 12:13pm
by BJ
g
glenn
LA PETITE OU LA GROSSE ( Saulieu )
Here is just one of many Saulieu vids posted on youtube by the same poster... this one was shot the last night at Arleuf Folk Club the Cornamuse..one of France's last trad music roadhouses, others include Cory Ledet, Lil Jim jamming with Cory's band, and many more....
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2009 4:05am
by Christian
t
T'Jim
Mardi Gras Song
Does anyone out there have the tabs for "The Mardi Gras" song? Saw some kid playing it on youtube and loved it. Merci, T'Jim
Views: 502   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 8:42pm
by T'Jim
going to Texas
This message is for my buddy's in east Texas. Elzie, David and the rest, we will be coming back from Houston Saturday afternoon so if there's some music that I should here let me know and we will try to make it. Le Piquant
Views: 475   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 7:33pm
by Elzie Matthews J...
Views: 482   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 4:12pm
by craig
r
roger
jolie petite blonde
hi.... does anyone know the lyrics to the old, fiddle based blues called Jolie Petite Blonde? Doc Guidry and the Abbeville Boys first recorded it in the 1920's, Tracey Schwarz did a nice version of it with Lost Bayou Ramblers....if anyone knows the lyrics I would...
Views: 646   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 12:49pm
by roger
Tuners
For you builders and tuners.... Are any of you using a Peterson 490 and what is your opinion of them. I am currently using a 1950's StroboConn same as Doucet uses. I am thinking about upgrading. Thanks
Views: 495   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 19, 2009 12:22am
by fiddler2007
r
roger
Jerry Moody doesn't exist
hello friends i am back from louisiana....had a great visit and had a blast. saw bryan lafleur's accordions and they rock, he also rocks on the accordion. good to see all the other braves at the mamou festival....david b....and of course i'm forgetting the others...
Views: 644   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 3:18pm
by Rob Krumm
c
CB
Mamou Cajun Music day
It was nice to put faces to the names, for sure. Bryan (beautiful accordions/and playing), Dowel, Roger, Dave #3, David B., Jerry (great playing) dessus le gallery), Rusty, and Jon M.(u da man,man!) ..I sure hope I have not missed anyone...My brain was pretty much f...
Views: 425   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 12:38pm
by Jon Melancon
s
Scott
Ariette tweaks
Hi, On a recent post, Bohemian stated that with a few tweaks, he could make an Ariette "playable". I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I started a new one. Could you please elaborate on those tweaks? Thanks! Scott
Views: 654   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 12:33am
by bohemian
Hohner 114's on ebay
I saw three: http://cgi.ebay.com/HOHNER-HA114-KEY-C-BUTTON-ACCORDION-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ110424136945QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item19b5ca9cf1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 http://cgi.ebay.com/F14-Antique-Hohner-Concertina-With-Buttons-Working-Cond_...
Views: 395   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2009 4:38pm
by glenn
c
Claude
Music or Video samples for Gabb Cajun King?
I'll be interested to know if they're either music sound bytes or videos ( you tube, or others) available showcasing the Gabbanelli Cajun King box. In advance , Merci. PS: In an earler post, Rick did mention that some of his musicians buddies do play or perform...
Views: 542   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 17, 2009 3:37pm
by Claude
The beloved E key / camping / crawfish and an African cat
In western Maryland mountains, with many real good friends. My dad rocks the geetar. And here's a Maryland mountain crawfish, caught by my young nephew. We called it Bubba. It stayed with us for 4 days and mooched. African cat, African wood. Honest...
Views: 506   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 17, 2009 7:32am
by 13starT
Mamou
Mamou. Eleven hours of pure Cajun music, not one zydeco song not even the green beans aren't salty. What a day. Nice to visit with others braves. One other thing, I am not Jessie Lege' Le Piquant
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 10:52pm
by Le Piquant
10 button Hohner
...saw this in a deli window today in Freeport, IL...beautiful plastic flowers abound...shot through glass (haze)...had never seen one with clips holding the reedbox to the bellows...
Views: 597   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 9:40pm
by Toby
Looka!
Here is a link to an amazing clip from an avant-garde cajun band from the old country. Their dream is to play one day at the Blue Moon Saloon. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EheLTqK8w
Views: 420   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 15, 2009 5:47pm
by Jamey Hall
g
glenn
Lafayette Rhythm Devils in Saulieu ( Youtube vid good quality )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RLitow_1LU Enjoy.. and thanks for posting! Glenn
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 15, 2009 11:47am
by Randy4u
l
leslie
Valse d'Oberlin
I need the lyrics to Valse d'Oberlin. I have 2 audio recordings (with 2 different names and lyrics) but I think Oberlin is the original. Leslie
Views: 504   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 9:46pm
by leslie
g
glenn
Saulieu photos on Youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EQacZSLF8 Nice job.. ! GLENN
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 2:48pm
by glenn
(OT) RIP Les Paul
RIP Les Paul. No matter what instrument we play, we all have benefitted from his genius.
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 1:55pm
by T'Jim
w
WF
CFMA Award Nominees 2009
http://www.cajunfrenchmusic.org/lecajun.html 2009 Nominees Fiddler Of The Year: Al Berard Jamie Bearb Travis Benoit Accordionist Of The Year: Jimmy Breaux Briggs Brown Paul Daigle Female Vocalist Of The Year: Helene Boudreaux Megan Brown A...
Views: 615   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 12:03pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
p
Peer
SAULIEU
How was it this time? Too bad I couldn't make it. Next time better.
Views: 453   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 2:31am
by Peer
Bayou Heat Band in Oange, tx
Hello everyone again, I would like to invite anyone thats close to or in the area of orange, tx for this coming sunday at The Bayou Club on Simmons drive. We (Bayou Heat) are playing from 5 to 8pm and it is going to be cajun music and if requested a little bit of cou...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 5:17pm
by Elzie Matthews J...
Yahoo we go to Mamou
We are camping out at Chicot State Park Friday and Saturday night any one in the area and would like to do a jam on Sunday give me a call at 985 859 7646. Any one that would like to meet in Mamou look for a guy that looks like Jessie Lege' or look for a cap that has...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 10:21am
by Le Piquant
Seeking more suggestions on transcribing for Cajun Accordion?
Braves, Do you suppose that there is any reason to score sheet music for a C-Cajun-Accordion in any key but "C" even though songs of a multiple keys may be played on a C-Cajun-Accordion? Say that one was scoring a "G" song (second position) that features a...
Views: 880   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 10:08am
by Chris Miller
p
Peer
Sweet music on the box - Johnny Connolly
For those interested: a nice documentary about one of Ireland's top one row melodeon players (pron. over there: millòdzjin): Johnny Connolly. He is also the one who always accompanies at dance competitions, because he has perfect rhythm. He plays a 114 Hohne...
Views: 490   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 5:52pm
by bohemian
a
aaron
drummers
anyone from beaumont tx to lake charles la if you play drums to cajun music shoot me an email or if anyone knows of any drummers . thanks
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 4:07pm
by aaron
Mamou Cajun Music Festival
Anyone plan on going to Mamou this weekend. Lineup of music looks real good. Brandon Moreau, Cory McCauley, and Steve Riley. I'll be there for sure. Any braves show up, first beer is on me.
Views: 531   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 1:30pm
by randy4u
Savoy Accordion Workshop
Hello again, I've had my Ariette about 2 weeks now and can play the C scale, some octave work, and can pound through Big Nick's one finger rendition of Wildwood Flower...badly. As luck would have it, the Savoy Family Band is coming to Madison, WI this weekend a...
Views: 755   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 12:54pm
by John R
t
T'Jim
Should an accordion be air tight?
Bonjour, I have a quick question. I noticed that when I push or pull my accordion with no buttons pressed, it still expresses or takes in a little air and I can move the bellows. Is this normal or does it mean I have a problem with my accordion? Merci, T'Jim
Views: 687   Replies: 27
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 3:12pm
by Peer
a
aaron
hey aaron
the place is called "empty pocket"
Views: 425   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 10:11am
by aaron
FS: Accordion case, Eb reeds, C reeds, fiddles
I'm drowning in debt which is great, so I'm selling everything I own and getting the heck out of here. It seems like what I once considered a living wage is now worthless. I'd make more on unemployment. In either case if any of you need a case I have a brand new Mart...
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2009 5:42pm
by randy4u
r
Ryan
Hey Aaron
I saw in an earlier post that you will be playing Sunday in Beaumont. Where will you be playing? What time?
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2009 11:04am
by aaron
t
T'Jim
Anyone want to weigh in on this one?
I was doing an image search for cajun accordions on Lycos and came across this....thing. Thought somebody out there might get a kick out of it. T'Jim
Views: 613   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 8, 2009 10:22am
by 13starT
To the Forum
I have reached my one year mark. July 9th 2008 I had my first lesson with my local teacher Ron. I had the Ariette. I practiced for a week or two, and realized it was too much work and too painful to try to do anything on the Ariette. I bought Ron’s old (o...
Views: 765   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 8, 2009 4:17am
by Jim Pettijohn
j
John
My Learning Experience
I’ve never played an instrument, other than avoiding trombone lessons in grade school for a few months; and at 67 youth is certainly not on my side. But for some reason the desire to pick up the Cajun squeeze box suddenly surfaced a few months ago while on one...
Views: 674   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 12:33pm
by Bryan Lafleur
a
aaron
Musicien Avec un Coeur Casse
ok, i know that the pine leaf boys already recorded this song but i was listening to 1470am the other and i heard the original recording of this song but they didnt say who it was, you could tell it was an older recording. So does anyone know who the original artist...
Views: 527   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 10:02am
by aaron
g
glenn
See you in Saulieu
Leaving Thursday for Saulieu.. Europe's biggest and best CZ event ( so far ). Gets better each year. . . those French and Euro bands aren't rol- playing Cajun: it is mostly OLD SCHOOL Cajun and totally orthodox.. .. they have that old groove down perfectly . . ....
Views: 426   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 9:45am
by bohemian
j
JB
Fiddlin'
Well, I'm gettin' a lot more comfortable with my fiddle as of late, and am able to duplicate almost every tune I know on the accordion on the fiddle as well. However, I still get some, for want of a better phrase,'bow twang' when I move from one string to another...
Views: 484   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 1:55pm
by Capt. Everett
Anyone intersted in starting a regular jam session?
Mrs."Mama" Redell has asked me to help her get a weekly cajun jam going over at the Begneaud House, Scott, LA heritage & visitor center. The jam would most likely be on Sunday afternoons starting either at 2, 3 or 4 pm. Would anyone be interested in attending...
Views: 550   Replies: 30
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 1:55pm
by Jon Melancon
Views: 579   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 11:27am
by T'Jim
jam
QuoteReply Re: Jam Last Saturday we were in Lafayette and Breaux Bridge. The jam at Breaux Bridge wasn't very good. Vermillionville was. Then I called Mama Redell at the musium in Scott and asked if my wife and I could come and sit in the kitchen and play, she lo...
Views: 379   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 8:35am
by aaron
Better than Accordion TABS?
Hi, I've been doing some experimenting today in anticipation of creating a "Learn Cajun Accordion" Volume 2. I am painfully aware of the hazards of using sheet music in order to learn an impromptu instrument such as the Cajun Accordion, but for those who h...
Views: 2609   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 8:26am
by Peer
name that tune?
anyone know the name of the tune dirk powell is playing as the lead-in to his Beginner's instructional DVD? Sounds really sweet. Thanks
Views: 465   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 6:38pm
by Jon Melancon
s
Scott
Baton Rouge accordion teachers
I'll be passing through Baton Rouge for a couple of days, and was wondering if any of you know of a good accordion teacher in the area? I'm on a tight schedule, so would need someone in Baton Rouge. Thanks! Scott
Views: 401   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 6:41am
by Jamey Hall
Barbara Coff
Hey so fill us all in on how the call went to Mr Acadian of the pledge accordion shop. Did he tell you, that it must be the way your playing or did he say he would take care of the problem and remove any stains that came with the box????
Views: 535   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 10:52pm
by bohemian
Looking for versions of "Allons Danser"
I have three versions of "Allons Danser" or "Let's Go Dance": Bois Sec Ardoin w/Balfa Toujours', Steve Riley's, and Milton Simon's (many ongoing thanks to Bryan LaFleur). Are there any more recorded versions out there? Also, I'd love to see any and all of our man...
Views: 601   Replies: 27
Last Post: Aug 2, 2009 11:28am
by David Sousa
Need advice on organizing event
We are in the early planning phase of opening the Nathan Abshire Museum in Basile,La. We are going to do a one day grand opening hopefully in a couple of months, and have a couple of idea's. Every musician I have talked to expressed an interest in playing for the ope...
Views: 472   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 3:02pm
by neal
w
WF
The Daily Meaux
A unique blog about Acadiana I found: http://welcometoacadiana.blogspot.com/ Enjoy! WF
Views: 436   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 1:15pm
by WF
band/jam
im looking to start a jam/practice/possible band here in lake charles, wanna play cajun music,swamp pop,etc. i play the accordion and am ready to try to push it to the next level. looking for guitar, bass, drum, etc players, anyone interested shoot me an email or cal...
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 9:25am
by stewart matte
Ashokan Farewell (O.T.)
This is a beautiful and very moving fiddle tune, in the manner of a Scottish tune. I searched for it on the internet after watching Ken Burns' brilliant documentary about the Civil War. Good little clip on YouTube (link). I can't help sharing it. Does anyone here p...
Views: 490   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 30, 2009 9:07am
by Christian
a
aaron
jude moreau
Hey has anybody heard from jude? Wheres he been hiding these days? Anyways, I'm looking for him. Need to ask him some questions. Thanks.
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2009 1:22pm
by aaron
Les Memiors dans Mon Coeur
Marc, I need your help with the lyrics to this song. Would you please post them, it's by Jessie Lege'
Views: 397   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 29, 2009 10:11am
by Christian
Tonnere mes chiens for JB
According to Amanda Lafleur in her book (Tonnerre Mes Chiens) it is a watered down expression of tonnerre m'ecrase which means, may thunder strike me down. It can have different meanings such as; anger,pain, or surprise, but it can also mean for the wrath of God to c...
Views: 953   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 4:09pm
by JB
g
Gus
for those who like concertina
see the link. But use your ears to judge and.. at least more of them in a jam allowed than cajun accordions in a cajun jam Gus
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 2:34pm
by gus
Games People Play
from one Jawja boy through another, lyrics are powerful.
Views: 532   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 5:37pm
by Kathy
Mr. Milton Vanicor
Proof that the best music is played in a home, on a porch, or around a campfire. See link #1
Views: 689   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 2:06pm
by bryan lafleur
Off Topic, but an original song I wrote and want to share
This is a deeply personal song, about living with MS, that I wrote this past week. I did the vocal, guitar, bouzouki and piano-key accordion. It's not a traditional song by any standards, but who says that traditional instruments have to be played the way everyone...
Views: 619   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 11:50am
by Jim Pettijohn
Falon in C with Martin case for sale
I got this accordion several months ago form Jamey Hall and it has been a great accordion for me. I put new gasket material on the treble side and adjusted the pallets so it is good and tight, but not so tight it would blow out anything. If you look at Jameys post ti...
Views: 694   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 9:48pm
by Jamey Hall
Saturday was a blessing
Wow this past saturday was spectacular! Finally got to meet lapiquant (mr. moody) He is such an awesome accordian player and person and his wife is so great on the stand up bass and a great person as well. Got to hang out with sheryl cormier and maybe playing bass gu...
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 8:52pm
by Le Piquant
same song, different position
I don't know why I find it so interesting that some tunes are played in different positions or time and become different songs. A new one (to me) I think is the same tune in different positions is Triangle Club Special (2nd) and Enterre Moi Pas (1st). Anyone else...
Views: 530   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 1:36pm
by Bryan Lafleur
For Jim Pettijohn
So Jimmy tabs to the Cherokee Waltz that you did on youtube are not in the offering???????
Views: 537   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 1:18pm
by randy4u
Lakeside Gamblers
Ganey, I just saw that you guys are playing at DI's next month. That's only a couple of minutes from my house so we will definately be there. Looking forward to seeing ya'll.
Views: 484   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 11:06am
by Ganey Arsement
New 2 keys switcher tune, plus bonus - medley
if you like tunes in two keys: here's another one, & an old finger breaker to boot. All on a C accordion: PS, the first tune works great on fiddle too, and i swear i didn't use any distortion pedal: the sound came purely and naturally with a Nikon Coolpix L...
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 5:45am
by fiddler2007
lyrics to Terence Simien's "Oh Yah Yeah"
Can anyone help with the words to Terence Simien's "Oh Yah Yeah", which was on the soundtrack of the movie The Big Easy which came out in the late '80s? Ive been playing this song out for years without knowing the real French lyrics and it is driving me a little batt...
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 11:49pm
by Gus from VT
Sad news in the SF Bay Area Cajun-zydeco community
I'm sorry to share some sad news today. Marty Jara, a core member of the SF Bay Area Cajun-zydeco community, died last night. He had been battling cancer for over a year. Marty was best known as a fiddler, but he could play everything, including the Cajun acco...
Views: 656   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 4:24pm
by Dave
alternatives to handmade accordions
Does anyone have experience with either the Hohner HA114 or the Excelsior Acadia one row accordions? Are they a workable substitute for a handmade accordion for beginner/intermediate purposes?? Reasonable value?? How is the tuning as it comes from the factory?? Ho...
Views: 1596   Replies: 48
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 2:17pm
by bohemian
Aaron
We are headed to the jam at Vermillionville are you going. My phone # is 985 859 7646 Le Piquant
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 10:23am
by Le Piquant
a
aaron
Jam sessions
Hey everybody I am looking for some jam sessions this coming saturday rather it be mid day or afternoon either is good. I am planning on going to savoys music center saturday morning then making it to the dancehall in breaux bridge later that night but I wont have no...
Views: 474   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 8:44am
by Jamey Hall
New Player
Hello all, I've been lurking for the last several weeks after I got bit by the bug. I play banjo in a local bluegrass band and after we played a gig a couple months back, a cajun band played. It was some good stuff. I know it isn't the best instrument in the w...
Views: 578   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 8:29pm
by Leslie
Computer program to change pitch of a song?
I know I've seen this on here before, but what's the best program for taking a recorded song and changing the pitch of it? So that I can take a)old recordings that are "off-pitch" and change them and b)take songs in keys that I don't have the accordion for (like B-f...
Views: 437   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 4:51pm
by John Morris
Enjoy the posts
I just joined the forum today. I am looking for one of those "great deals" on an accordion that works. I purchased a Hohner Ariette and was severly disappointed with it. The buttons fell off, strap "d's" pulled out of the accordion, and it leaks so bad that there...
Views: 408   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 2:27pm
by Rick Reid
Where to buy a real Tit-Fer in Lafayette?
A friend of mine will be in Lafayette/New Orleans, leaving on April 23 for a week. He is the fiddler of my band. He'd like to know where to buy a Tit-Fer? How much should he expect to pay? Thank you.
Views: 582   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 4:22am
by tor eiesland
Mamou express
What a weekend! Started out Saturday morning at Freds Lounge in Mamou. Met Dowell Lafleur and had a nice visit with him and Jamie Berzas. Went over to Dowell store and played a really fine accordion in the key of D, made by Mr. Bryan Lafleur. Dowell went and got his...
Views: 517   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 7:51pm
by Le Piquant
w
WF
Acadiana Wiki
Brand new Wikipedia for the Acadiana area. http://acadiana.wikia.com/wiki/Acadiana_Wiki Enjoy! WF
Views: 480   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:54pm
by WF
p
Peer
Cajun Culture & Language
Interesting and beautiful documentary about Cajun Language etc. Good quality too! see link #3. Congres mondial acadien Louisiane 2014 FilmSection01
Views: 531   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 3:59pm
by Capt. Everett
b
BJ
Steel Guitar
When I used to hear 70's Nashville country music, I thought I didn't like steel guitars. Then I heard 50's and 60's Cajun and loved it. What sort of instruments were they back then? Steel bodies? Dobro style? Solid electric? On the well known Shirley Bergeron v...
Views: 566   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 1:40pm
by BJ
e
Ed
Accordions at Swannanoa
I just returned from the Swannanoa Gathering at Warren Wilson College near Asheville NC. Its a week long workshops of Irish and Scottish music. The instructor on accordion was Martin Quinn from Ireland. What I wanted to say in this thread was how impressed Martin wa...
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 9:02pm
by Ed
Thanks
Just want to say thanks to le piquant, jude the obscure, ganey, and david bertrand and to all others for the kind words it means alot.
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 10:02pm
by aaron chesson
congrats ganey
Hey just want to say congratulations in the lake charles CFMA accordian contest on your second place win! Man you are an awesome accordian player I got to hand it to you. Keep it up!
Views: 510   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 19, 2009 9:43pm
by Le Piquant
Jolie Blonde
A short time ago there was a thread sbout the lyrics of Jolie Blonde. Yesterday we played the song and in the second verse we didn't know for sure what we have to sing. We do a version that is also played in that way by The Balfa Brothers. Jolie Blonde mourir ca...
Views: 566   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 9:36am
by Le Piquant
North Georgia
I found Tony Balfa and John Roger in my town of Ellijay, does anyone know of a fiddle player that prefers cajun music in this area.
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 8:49am
by larry english
k
KM
Shocking and disturbing news!
Such sad news. Is the love of work and notoriety more important than the regard for human life? It certainly is a time to dig deep and reflect on our own lives of what is truly important. I personally will use this unfortunate incident as a teaching tool for my daugh...
Views: 606   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 12:08am
by Blair Kilpatrick
t
Tq
For those in Nor Cal...
This might be a good place to eat, or even pick: http://www.biteclubeats.com/2009/07/louisiana-legacy-cajun-catering-gator-done.html
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 9:44pm
by JB
I have a samson wireless for sale for $125 plus shipping
Hey ya'll, I have three wireless setups now. Two samsons and one audio technica. I would sell one of my Samson's for $125 plus shipping and guarantee it to work. It's in perfect condition. Paypal is good option if interested. Kirk
Views: 470   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 7:31pm
by kirk jones
Should I shoot myself now?
That whole "fake" string got me thinking.... It was a "WTF" moment....should I just shoot myself now and just get it over with. ;-) I used to play lots of folk, blues, traditional stuff for years until I got the bug to play SW Louisiana stuff. Cajun repertoire...
Views: 719   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 1:19pm
by Rick Reid
n
Nick B
Accordion Session with Jesse Leger & Joel Savoy
Allo y'all, I should have posted this sooner, obviously, but I basically already know all the local NYC Cajun music folks. Jock Pottle (accordionist for the Bosco Stompers) hosted a Cajun & fiddle instruction session at his studio in midtown last night. Jesse...
Views: 720   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 10:23pm
by Le Piquant
New Projects need input
Well braves I am fixing to start on two new projects I dont know which one to start first. Number one. Fixing to begin making a new cd a tribute to Joe Bonsal and the orange playboys. Number two. A new cd a tribute to my cousin Joe Falcon. I am just wondering as far...
Views: 521   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 4:23pm
by Evelyn&Richard W...
looking for used accordion
I recently sold an Ariette after owning it less than a month and now am anxious to find a decent used one row C accordion. Willing to pay a reasonable price for something in good condition.
Views: 369   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 2:09pm
by randy4u
Suggestions for "Learn Cajun Accordion Vol 2" ?
Hello all! I am in the early stages of planning a "Learning Cajun Accordion Volume 2" DVD to follow up my "Volume I". So, today, I am soliciting suggestions for Volume 2 content. In Volume 2, I'll be able to concentrate more on learning songs and building...
Views: 503   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 1:39pm
by randy4u
Fiddle for sale.
We have a stradious Fiddle for sale, son has moved on to BIGGER and better things we do not need it.E-mail us if interested.
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 3:16am
by Evelyn&Richard W...
Rick R....did you get the Samson wireless?
Hey Rick, Did you get the Samson wireless, and did you like it? I am going to compare the Audio Technia 2000 series with the Samson Airline bug. I do like the totally wireless aspect of the Samson, but I think it may be a bit nasally, which could be eq'd t...
Views: 476   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 9:52am
by Rick Reid
Augusta 2009
I think the only Braves here are Big Nick, Mark Marcin and I. It's a great week - perfect weather, great classes, super concerts, dances with music that you'll never hear anywhere else (many unique combination of musicians on stage at various times), and all sort...
Views: 474   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 9:53am
by Big Nick
a
Aaron
home remedies
Anyone have any home remedies for the flu? Oh and I have some broken reeds too. Is there any online courses on how to change reeds yourself?
Views: 468   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 5:41pm
by aaron
a
AC
playing fake
Has anyone ever had to play a style of music they didnt want to play on the accordian only because it was the only kind of income you were supporting your family on? If so, how did you do it? I find that it is really hard to get into it or put your heart and soul int...
Views: 655   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 11:29pm
by Rick Reid
j
Joe D
rake 'n scrape
Don't know if you ever had any posts on 'rake n' scrape' music...its peculiar to the Bahamas outer islands (orignated on Cat Island). Accordion and saw music - when I get back down there I am going to see if I can teach'em Eunice Two Step...lol http://www.youtube...
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 11:02pm
by Rick Reid
Homeland Security meets the Cajun Accordion
So I'm looking around O'Hare airport in Chicago for an out-of-the-way place to practice, since I have a 3 hour layover, coming home on the final leg of all this galavanting I've been doing lately (another story). I don't want to disturb any of the huge throng waitin...
Views: 562   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 10:11pm
by DP Mandell
jesse lege
does anyone have any home videos of jesse lege playing when he first started out? does anyone know his email address or how to get ahold of jesse lege? Thanks.
Views: 554   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 10:06pm
by DP Mandell
Flapper wire for a Bon Cajun
Hi - since i can't get in touch with either Larry or Jay Miller i wonder if anyone here can help me in obtaining a new flapper wire for a 6 year old Bon Cajun. Maybe a replacement flapper too, with mat gold colored foil:
Views: 416   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 12:48pm
by David Bertrand
Words to "Mazurka" would be big help...Steve Riley's version
Hey ya'll would someone please help me get the words to "mazurka" covered by Steve and the Mamou Playboys? I figured out the fiddle part, buy lost the liner notes to that ceedee. thanks... happy summer, kirk
Views: 465   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2009 7:50am
by kirk jones
LA Folk Roots Cajun and Creole Kid's Camp
My daughter and I went and had a GREAT time. I liked it as much as the regular Balfa Camp. My little girl made good friends with Gracie and Julie Babineaux right off the bat, and later with my friend Christine's little girl, Lee Ann Law. Annabelle and Gracie were...
Views: 732   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 7:49pm
by Jude the Obscure
k
KirkM
Pain Perdu
Never have heard of the band Brandon Moreau & Pain Perdu. I have some pain that I wish would get lost (perdu).
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 9:47pm
by Le Piquant
Martin in Arizona $1400
http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/1248208818.html Red Martin in C
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 9:09am
by Chili Bean
Miller email address
Hi ... as i tried to mail Larry or Jay Miller for a broken Bon Cajun part i wonder if i got their proper & current email addresses ..... maybe one of you can help me out? - PS Through one of my "website" #1 and #2 band links you van reach me by email, or adapt my...
Views: 466   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 11:25pm
by fiddler2007
s
Sylvia
BENEFIT for Cajun Musician - July 11th -Bell City, LA
A Benefit/Fundraiser will be held Saturday, July 11th at the Bell City KC Hall from 10:00am till 8pm for Eric O'Blanc a very talented accordion player and musician. Eric has been diagnosed with a debilitating hip disorder. The surgery Eric needs to preserve his hi...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:06pm
by Sylvia
cajun music around the world
hi Braves i`ll have to get back to you. What is wrong about cajun music. I started my interest in the early 70 `th and got a restart from the site of Neal Pomea in 2004, a man who i highly respect. And i will tell you all , how come that no music dealer here in...
Views: 511   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 1:23pm
by Gus
j
JB
Bosco Stomp
To Maz, and of course any other interested folks. Thanks for the 'Bosco Stomp' video. I am trying to get the rhythm and syncopation down on 'Bosco Stomp' and I noticed in the YouTube by Maz that this number is sometimes referred to as Jam Killer. Is this bec...
Views: 471   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 9:12am
by JB
Cajun Fest on the Hill
Any braves in or around Hermann Mo. we are bringing Southwest Louisiana to Hermann this coming weekend July 10 thru 12. Its Cajun Fest on the Hill at the Stone Hill Winery in Hermann. Its a fun three days of cajun dancing and music. Wife and I are part of the Caju...
Views: 562   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:36am
by randy4u
a
Alen
Debt consolidation
Debt consolidation can help you to relief debt to control over your debt your debt – this is actually lowering your existing debt rates, getting a better way to pay loan , or splitting your payments to get debt paid faster and easier. You may get more detai...
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 12:35pm
by Le Piquant
Rick Reid, where are you priorities??????
Rick, I know you probably won't see this for a couple of days, and you probably had a great time on the river with the family, but next time I invite you to a party, think REAL hard about it. LOL!!! BTW...Wayne was in Florida, and Steve had a gig, but there was...
Views: 851   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 9:18pm
by Jim Pettijohn
g
Glenn
See you in Saulieu ?
We've booked up for all nights .. Arlef included.. ( if all goes well ).. Hope to see you there.. Glenn
Views: 485   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:11pm
by meloderon
nathan abshires last accordion
does anyone recall who actually made nathans last accordion? i believe it was won in a contest. i do know charlie ortego did a lot of repairs in the last couple of years it was played.
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 1:48am
by shawn p. saucier
Great little jam in Oshkosh/Hot Suace Fest last night
So, we had a very nice jam in Oshkosh last night It was hosted by Chris Miller & band, but included many other musicians such as Bruce Daigrepont, Kirk and Juan Romono (of the Cajun Strangers). When we started the first song, it felt like we were playing a...
Views: 410   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 9:21pm
by Chris Miller
Ganey
i am confused, how do you pronounce the name of HARRY CHOATES,put up a video on YOU Tube, and i will learn it. I have followed your videos and you seem like an skilled muscisan. I my self pick a guitar and i has my son , 19 years old (also called THE PRODIGAL SON)...
Views: 377   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 12:39am
by tor eiesland
Harry choates
Thank you Braves First i will thank you for your answers. And i dont ask this board for questions i can google. I know how to google. But Ganey from LC. la. gave me answer, it`s pronounced Like "shouts". Well i will tell my friends and the discussion is ended. B...
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 12:05am
by Ganey Arsement
j
JB
Happy 4th of July!! 1/4" Jack to 3-prong:: CFMA Nominations
To Big Nick and all Braves: Have Fun on the Fourth without drinking a Fifth! Nick, you mentioned that in converting a quarter-inch jack to a 3-prong, or vice versa, you would get some impedance. Check out link #1. It looks like this little jobbie will do the t...
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 10:51pm
by Claude
Ray Abshire to Germany July 11
For all you guys in Germany. Ray Abshire will play in Berlin on July 11 at Wassermusik Festival, House of World Cultures. Hope I would have been able to go there, but it's too far from Sweden. Regards /Gunnar
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 1:37am
by CajunSwede
Cherokee Waltz
A plea for help can someone please post tabs for the Cherokee Waltz. I love the tune and would like to learn to play it right. I know a lot of braves have youtube vids of this song. Thanks in advance for any takers
Views: 580   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 10:48pm
by randy4u
b
BJ
Christian
Salut Christian, Has your e-mail changed? It bounced one back. BJ
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 3:57pm
by Christian
PeeWee/Ambrose comparisons
I posted a couple of videos related to the topic below. Follow This Link
Views: 395   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 8:08pm
by Patrick O
Tuesday Night Almost Cajun Jam in Slidell, LA
Word is spreading so I'll post the information. This is an old-time jam that has morphed into an almost Cajun Jam at a Lebanese Restaurant. Look for us every Tuesday Night at Ali Baba's in Slidell, LA from 7-9pm. It's at First and Erlanger in Old Town Slidell...
Views: 473   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 7:00pm
by Wingingit
Ambrose Thibodeaux Le Tit Negre A Tante Dollie
http://npmusic.org/artists.html Man,that's the old sound!I know it's not a hard tune,but i can't make it sound like that.Maybe one of you guys that is really good can post a video and teach the rest of us to play "Le tit negre a tante dollie" like Ambrose Thibodeaux
Views: 469   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 3:58pm
by Ganey Arsement
To Ganey Arsement
I really liked the demo. Also I was very impressed with you web site. Did you do it yourself? Keep on what you are doing. It's all good.
Views: 501   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 2:01pm
by Bruce Weeks
Translation
Hello everyone just wondering if someone could translate "Ne Buvez Plus Jamais" in to english for me. Also can someone tell me how to say "get out my face" in cajun language? Thanks
Views: 417   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 1:03pm
by aaron c
I'm going to get to meet Chris Miller in Oshkosh, Wisconsin tomorrow
Hi all, We're heading to Oshkosh in the morning to play Oshkosh, Wisconsin's Sawdust Days and Chris Miller and his band will be there also. I haven't got a chance to hear his band, but let me tell you...I've seen his youtube vid's and he is a great player....
Views: 554   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 8:02am
by Kirk
j
JB
Phantom Power
I need some help from someone who has more knowledge of sound equipment than me. I have a big old Evans amp with 2 inputs, both 1/4' jacks, and I have been setting up with a couple of Sampson vocal mics on one mic stand, one to sing into and one to play into. Wor...
Views: 568   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 2:50pm
by Joel Johnson
off topic- t`-fer
hello braves I just want to mention that I bought a cajun triangle from Brad in Kansas. It`s a masterpiece and it sounds like an angel`s voice. Brad is a nice person and he even put up an instructional video on YOU TUBE ( search for cajun triangle, and you`ll fi...
Views: 496   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 10:11am
by Brad
j
JB
Bass Guitar site
For any of you wannabee bass players (Like Me) in the audience, here is a good & free site on Link # 1. My wife has said that if I bring any more instruments into the house, I'll have to build a 'Music Shed' to hold it all. Sounds like a good idea. Just has to hav...
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 10:06am
by JB
youtube shows
Hey just wondering other than Peewee, Aldus Roger and Octa Clark if there are any more performances on there from other musicians i.e. Belton Rchard, Austin Pitre, joe bonsal, and so forth? P.S. Does anyone have or know of anyone who might have any rare video footage...
Views: 500   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 8:56pm
by Dutile
New Band and Demo
Some of you guys already know that for that last four or five weeks I have been busy putting together a band and working on a demo. We finally finish the demo with 6 songs...4 Cajun standards and 2 Country standards. Click on link three to listen to the cuts. Now...
Views: 647   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 7:27pm
by Ganey Arsement
Augusta Intermediate Accordion Class song list
Does anyone know what songs Paul will be teaching this year?
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 5:30pm
by Gene Losey
Unrelated and probably contraversal
Farrah Facett died today and somebody else I don't know. Le Piquant
Views: 617   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 4:35pm
by Peer
Octa Clark visits Youtube
Mister Octa and Hector got a little jealous of Aldus and Peewee, so here they are at Mulattes with La Valse Criminelle. Not as good of video as the others cause of those pesky dancers, but any video of Octa and Hector is a treasure.
Views: 577   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:26pm
by JB
The lacassine playboys
Has anyone had a chance to check out the lacassine playboys yet? If not you dont know what your missing they play in sulphur, la every sunday from 4pm to 8pm. This is one of the truely cajun dancehall style bands that are still around, thank God I might add! Its so g...
Views: 580   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 10:44pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
s
Sid
Sidney Brown accordion for sale
I put this on EBAY today.
Views: 856   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 5:25am
by Le Piquant
For guitar players: an interesting, yet possibly wacky idea? Makes me want to play more though!
any opinions on this? http://www.acousticguitar.com/gear/advice/vibration.shtml
Views: 558   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 1:27pm
by bohemian
zydeco forums
anyone know of any other websites like this that host the topic of zydeco music?
Views: 455   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 1:05pm
by larry english
Rodney Kershaw Accordion
Anyone here familiar with that brand of handmade. Some guy came up to me at a festival this weekend here in North Georgia and told me he was trying to learn to play. Said he had a "kershaw" I never heard of it..
Views: 533   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 10:47pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Pee Wee Broussard and Lee Man Prejean go to Bayou Noir
Here's Peewee and the Lee man gang again. I wonder why this song is so rarely recorded. I only have 2 versions of it in my collection. I sure like the way Pee Wee plays it.
Views: 554   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 12:36am
by Christian
Favorite Lyric Versions Jolie Blonde?
Hello Braves! I had wanted to learn to sing a couple verses of Jolie Blonde. Judging by browsing, Ann's book and "The Yellow Book" there appears to be more than one version of the lyrics to this Cajun classic! Can anyone recommend his or her preferred...
Views: 499   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 7:59pm
by Le Piquant
EvVOnDfUMdaaoLN
GYhe60 ifyjhrqerqgv, epzznxysivgt, [link=http://yfqpipsiymbt.com/]yfqpipsiymbt[/link], http://nvptahxmkkpb.com/
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 3:13am
by nHZFxdyDtF
Nathan Abshire
Just found another video of Nathan playing Pine Grove Blues, this time with Balfa Bros. Nathan was definately the best I ever saw play. Link #1
Views: 712   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 1:44pm
by randy4u
Keith Frank lyrics
Hi ! I can´t hear how goes lyrics in Keith Franks song " give me just a little time" J.Helin
Views: 439   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 12:44pm
by J.Helin
Aldus Roger and the Lafayette Playboys
Giving Peewee a break and letting Aldus take the stage with Hicks Wagon Wheel Special. Link #3.
Views: 696   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 10:56am
by MarkS
Fathers Day
Everyday is fathers day but the Americans pick a day to say happy fathers day. So here is my greeting to all you fathers out there, HAPPY FATHERS DAY. May the riches of your children bring you a wealth of love the year round. Le Piquant
Views: 198   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 12:02am
by bohemian
Coming to Lafayette - tomorrow morning
And I hope to see some Braves. My first priority will be my daughter and our Daddy/daughter vacation, but If I can also hook up with some of my Bravenet friends, that would be great. My cell# is 479-502-2893 if anyone is interested. Best to all, Jamey Hall
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 11:12pm
by Jamey Hall
Pee Wee Broussard and Lee Man Prejean again
Here's Pee Wee Broussard on Youtube again, this time playing a waltz, in the dreaded 3rd position (F on a C accordion). For those who don't understant French, he tells Nonc Ovie that he's been playing 52 years. He picked up a thing or two in that time.
Views: 475   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 11:06pm
by Jamey Hall
Sailors Hornpipe
An old tune on a big organ on link#2.
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 3:58pm
by Ed
w
WF
RVdC - Jamie Berzas and Cajun Tradition
Jamie Berzas and Cajun Tradition on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Valse De La Belle Song: Love Sick Waltz WF
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 1:38pm
by WF
FS: Reeds, fiddles
I'm late on my rent for the past two months now and need to clean house and just get out of this mess. If anyone wants to help out I have two sets of reeds for sale, a Binci #1 Eb set with brass plates $450(brand new and thats what I paid), and a Cagnoni #2 set in C...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 2:35pm
by buttonbox@gmail....
My new Avatar
So, how do you think I look when Simpsonized?
Views: 510   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 5:06am
by Chuck in Indy
more micing info
Busy internally micing my Xtreme, so I did some experimenting. Compared the sound etc for some mics and elements I had laying around. The usual suspects, an element from a 58, an R65, and an old Unidyne 545. The one I was surprised by, was the Behringer XM8500. That...
Views: 447   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 5:36pm
by larry english
Fiddle question, strings: steel or synthetic or . . .?
Which type of strings should I get for my daughter's fiddle before we head down to Lafayette? Thanks, Jamey
Views: 386   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 5:24pm
by Ron A.
Words to Un Autre Soir Ennuyant
Anyone either have the words in French to Another Lonely Night or know where I can get them. This is a great slow dance tune that I would love to add to the repetoir. See link 2 above for the video. It's hard to make out the words. Merci Bien.
Views: 510   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 1:54pm
by Johnny Ace
Pee Wee Broussard and Lee Man Prejean
Check link #3 for a clip of Pee Wee Broussard, Lee Man Prejean, and Raymond Francois playing the Chicot Two Step on the old Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler show with Nonc Ovie hosting. This stuff is golden. For me Pee Wee is one of my favorites, and unfortunately di...
Views: 586   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 7:41am
by Ganey Arsement
r
Ron A.
Accordions, fiddles and keys
Let's say that you have a Cajun band which includes accordion and fiddle. The accordionist plays both a C and a D accordion, so the tunes will be in C, G, D and A. Let's also say that the fiddler, as opposed to using two fiddles, one tuned down, so that he really o...
Views: 465   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 6:57pm
by Ganey Arsement
Raamsdonksveer
I have a great time during the Festival in Raamsdonksveer. There was C&Z for everybody. Lovers from traditional cajun get there quotum and also the lovers of zydeco. They all are fishing in the same sea of C&Z. The gigs from Sarah Savoy were awesome and she can s...
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 3:55pm
by Gus
g
gus
rockin' doopsie left handed?
found this nice vid on youtube. But: Is R D playing a left handed box or is he playing his box upside down? Gus
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 3:51pm
by Gus
Fla Vacation
I'm in Pampano Beach 6/21 thur 6/27, takin' guitar, harps, and a "D" box, will drive for play, need more squeeze more than beach. OH! my first post on here, thanks Big Nick for the forum, entertaining, informative, this stuff and you guys are the bomb. I'm a hillbill...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 3:29pm
by Rick Reid
Use of little finger in Cajun accordion
I've been an Irish box player for the last 13 years, starting out on B/C and changing later to C#/D box. Cajun accordion has always interested me, and it's neat to hear all those reeds going at the same time as I've always played 2 voice accordions. Recently I've a...
Views: 480   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 2:24pm
by Peer
j
JB
Back to Micing, again
OK, I see all these, looks like Shure Drum Mics, sticking through a piece of angled sheet metal and mounted in the center of the treble side, right between the 5 and the 7 buttons. A 3-pin mic cord completes the outfit. Who makes 'em. Please? I finally destroyed my S...
Views: 617   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 8:39pm
by DP Mandell
Off-Topic: Kid stuff in LA
I'm going to be looking for some fun stuff my 12 yr. old daughter and I can do after the Folk Roots Kiddie Camp everyday. So far, I've thought of Cypremont Point and finding some big trees to climb in and around Lafayette. We're pretty fond of Magnolias, and there...
Views: 625   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 12:45pm
by Dowell
Gender difference in how we approach our instruments?
Do you think there's a difference in how men and women approach our instruments? My book just got reviewed in the folk magazine Dirty Linen. It was a good review and I was very happy to be included. However... There were these couple of lines that made me lau...
Views: 651   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 12:43pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
Cajun & Zydeco Festival Raamsdonksveer
Tomorrow starts the 17th Cajun & Zydeco Festival in Raamsdonksveer in the Netherlands. LINK#2 Three days with swinging grooving Zydeco and footstomping Cajun Music in a big tent. No television, internet for three days and only music, jamming, playing and dancing an...
Views: 476   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 5:46am
by Peer
j
Jenna
Question about Cajun music
Why do Cajun musicians/singers yell and make those noises when they sing and play? I'm just wondering because I don't think I've heard that done in other types of music. Hope you understand what I mean.
Views: 593   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 10:04pm
by fiddler2007
Pandora Internet Radio
Check out www.pandora.com. You put in an artist's name and the site plays a variety of artists with the same, or similar style. I just started it a few minutes ago, but so far I've heard Nathan Abshire, Robert Jardell, Isom Fontenot, the Carrier brothers, Cyp Landr...
Views: 479   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 9:34pm
by fiddler2007
l
Leslie
Augusta Intermediate Accordion Class song list
Does anyone know what songs Paul Daigle will be teaching this year? It sure would help to have an early listen and get the tune in my head before trying to learn it.
Views: 478   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2009 4:25pm
by Jim Pettijohn
steel guitar
is there any cajun steel guitar players that read this forum? Or any keyboard players? I had some questions about the keyboard and steel guitar on here any help would be appreciated.
Views: 684   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 3:18pm
by Rick Reid
lyrics to la vieux soulard et sa femme
This was an old time tune also, right?Does anyone have the french lyrics.I have heard the Joe Falcon version.were can you hear others? Thanks
Views: 676   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 2:25am
by Peer
k
Karl
New topic slightly OT or not ~~ Augusta roll call.
Hi Braves, Augusta is 3 weeks and change away from cranking up again this year. Is it too early to ask who's going to be there and what class they are pointed towards. I'll be there again this year and will be taking fiddle with Al Berard. I'll have a "C" tuned Bo...
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 6:50pm
by Le Piquant
anyone interested in a jam session?
Hello everyone I was wondering if rusty, ganey, brett, WF, Jude M., ed poullard, elzie mathews, chris mathews or anyone else in the SWLA or SETX area would be interested in having a jam session on a set date just to see how it goes if anyone is interested please let...
Views: 442   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 1:49pm
by aaron chesson
Starting my collection at the suggestion of my bud Le Piquant
Hey everyone I just discovered a great place to get CD's to burn and pass to all my FRIENDS. Best of all it is government sponsored called the Public Library. I went there today and low and behold they have hundreds of CD's that you can check out and rip and burn....
Views: 517   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 12:13pm
by Jamey Hall
b
Brad
Cajun Triangle
I build cajun triangles in the traditional style. I begin with century-old (pre-war) hayrake tines that I have gathered from abandoned hayrakes in the Fields of the Great Plains. Then these tines are hand-forged with forge, hammer and anvil. Similar in fashion to t...
Views: 574   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 11:35pm
by Karl
j
Justin
Whoa buddy, La House urges Congress to make English official US language
Check link #1. All I can say is, look where the guy is from
Views: 530   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 9:20pm
by Kathy
anyone on the southwest la or southeast tx area?
like the subject says i was just wondering if there were musicians that post on here rather it be beginners or professionals that live in the southeast tx area or southwest la area. thanks.
Views: 423   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 8:34pm
by LM
Home Key
Johnny Ace ( sp) posted that the "home key" for an F/Bb/Eb accordion was the key of "C" Could someone explain that to me Thank you
Views: 524   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 8:56pm
by bohemian
Cajun Fiddlers: good instructional DVD?
What do y'all recommend? My little girl has been taking Suzuki lessons for 3 years, which has included some country and Irish fiddling, but sadly, no Cajun. I know Michael Doucet and Mitch Reed each have some out there. Thanks, Jamey
Views: 489   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 5:21pm
by Jamey Hall
New Zydeco Releases Review
Just a run-down on some new CDs I recently picked up from Floyd's... I realize I'm not going to get much interest from the Braves, but the latest batch I've received has excited me in a way that I've not felt since the early 90's, i.e., since Zydeco Force, Beau Jocqu...
Views: 467   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 2:22am
by Rick Reid
More songs in the push
I posted a video (3rd link) of my take on two songs, Tit Monde by Iry Lejeune, and the Rayne Playboy Special by Nathan Menard. They seem like waltz and 2 step versions of the same song. I really like playing the 2 step version. I can't do the turn the way Iry does,...
Views: 492   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 5:27pm
by Bryan Lafleur
p
Peer
WF's Cajun Accordion Book
I think it's a bit of a pity that Wade's Cajun Accordion Book is so rarely visited. Such a great initiative deserves better. Would somebody PLEASE post some new pics for instance? When nothing changes, visits will be even less. Who breaks this vicious circle?? Nat...
Views: 513   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 11:56am
by randy4u
Back again
Hello everyone out there in the cajun world. Just thought that I would drop in and say hello to all of those who remember me and those who dont as well. I lost this website link for a long time just found it again today. Hello to Matt. Hows that accordian playing com...
Views: 468   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:52am
by Billy Hammond
Speaking of Evangeline Special
So many of those 2nd position songs are so close, some must be the same song, that got different names with the slight person to person variance. One that comes to mind is Evangeline Special and Saturday Night Special. Is there an appreciable difference between the...
Views: 500   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 7:43am
by Bryan Lafleur
n
neal
Selections by Lawrence Walker, Nathan Abshire, Robert Bertrand, Charlie Broussard
New content loaded at my Web site under 1940s-50s and 1950s-60s. Hope you enjoy them! Hope you will learn to play those songs!
Views: 474   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 4:20am
by Peer
Evangeline Special - Iry LeJeune
Can anyone tell me what key box Iry's recording is played on, and what position? I've tried playing along with my "C" and my "D", and hadn't been able to figure it out yet. Thanks.
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 7, 2009 10:11am
by Steve from Jerse...
Playing new Falcon in C
Been playing my new Falcon till my fingers hurt.The Falcon is in C and black.The action is fast(love his finger board)bellows are smooth and tight(able to do long runs without bellows change on some tunes)the tone is great(Sabbatinni reeds)I don't know much about the...
Views: 514   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 3:01pm
by patrick O
Beware! Off Topic AND Political. Enter at your own risk . . .
I just saw a poll that indicated about half of Americans approve of torture being used in some situations. You have to be skeptical of all polls, but it this is really a valid one, then it makes me sick. What kind of degenerates have we become? What's next, infant...
Views: 820   Replies: 60
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 12:34pm
by Jim Pettijohn
TV show - "Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler"
While cleaning out the carport closet and going through a sack of old VHS tapes, I happened on one called "The Best of 'Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler'", Volume 1 (1990-1994). It was videotaped live from Randol's. I don't know when or how I came by it, but it most o...
Views: 429   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 9:54am
by Jamey Hall
Cajun and Zydeco the same as Polka???
I was talking to this guy on another forum the other day, and he says that Cajun and Zydeco are the same thing as Polka. Personally, I don't see it, but maybe I missed something? Oh yeah, he also said that "Pinball Wizard" by the Who, and "I Walk the Line" by John...
Views: 753   Replies: 36
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 10:57pm
by Big Bad Tommy V
Larry Miller in C, Houston CL
Is this (posting/linking found FS ads) frowned upon? thought someone may be interested... Beautiful Bon Cajun Accordion for sale. 5 years old; in excellent condition. Key of C. Re-tuned once. Handmade by Mr. Larry Miller of Bon Cajun Accordions in Iota, Lo...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 1:49pm
by loup'ed garou
Cherokee Waltz Lesson clip posted
This is from a workshop I did in Alameda a few years back. For all of you looking for a song "on the push" or in C, this is a good one. Click the website link below.
Views: 509   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 12:27pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
e
Ed
Lafayette LA-Greenville SC
Most have heard of Air France crash this past week. Butch Harris of Greenville SC and his wife Anne Debaillon of Lafayette LA passed away in that flight. They were described as a most beautiful and loving couple, brilliant and a great sense of humor plus being very c...
Views: 344   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 9:20am
by mjp
Kaplan Waltz clip posted
Here's a close-up look at a popular Cajun Waltz, for those interested. Click the website link below.
Views: 478   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 9:14am
by mjp
about t`fers
hello Braves I have access to a lot of hayraketeeth here in Norway and a friend of mine who is a welder and working in a mechanical/blacksmith workshop tried to make a triangle from one of the teeth. He found it impossible to form with mechanical tools, and we bo...
Views: 447   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 8:59am
by Brad
cajun acordion instructional video by marc&wilson savoy
i put it on ebay under cajun accordion.it has some slowed down songs to learn
Views: 499   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 1:11pm
by meloderon
Cajun Quartets Needed!
Jazz at Lincoln Center presents The Rhythm Road: American Music Abroad Cajun quartets needed to travel the world. Applications due Aug 10. Visit jalc.org/theroad American music + cultural exchange + the world = The Rhythm Road
Views: 420   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 8:39am
by Jazz at Lincoln ...
Larry English/Atlanta gigs?
Hello Larry, Say, we'll be passing through Atlanta next week .. probably early (leaving) and late (returning) in the week. I don't suppose y'all'd perfoming anywhere? Merci, --bn
Views: 415   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 6:58am
by larry english
j
JPL
Seeking your wisdom regarding a triple-row
Howdy, folks. I'm an R&B saxophonist who's got the accordion bug, and I'm about to buy my first triple-row. In the short term, I'll be using it at the occasional reunion gig for my old soul/R&B band, especially if the rest of the horn section is out sick. Domino a...
Views: 553   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 10:51pm
by bohemian
w
WF
RVdC - Richard Miller
Richard Miller and the Musical Playboys. Song:Lacassine Special Song: Eunice Waltz
Views: 451   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 4:25pm
by Peer
Evangeline Special on Cajun accordion video link
Evangeline Special played by me on Cajun accordion as per request for those interested.
Views: 442   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 4:09pm
by Jamey Hall
I Need Info On Building A Cajun Accordion
Hello, good people! My name is John Jeansonne. I'm originally from the Avoyelles parish area of Louisiana. I now reside in Nashville, TN where I play the fiddle for a country band called Rascal Flatts. I grew up playing mainly the fiddle, but also the Cajun accord...
Views: 1867   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 3:07pm
by loup'ed garou
last chance!! new price!! bon cajun in key of c
made out of holly-wood. link one for pics email for more. like new!!!! ,300 firm. 337-371-7082. chris
Views: 660   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 12:58pm
by loup'ed garou
Many thanks to Cousin Jude...
for helping us out on bass, last night. He came through in a pinch and did a great job!
Views: 426   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 1, 2009 9:18pm
by Ganey Arsement
k
Kathy
Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Heritage week
Hi, I'm kind of new here. I have been reading the posts for awhile but never posted before. I know this event already happened but I was wondering, did they not allow cameras/video cameras this year? I've been looking on the internet and YouTube for pics and vide...
Views: 424   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2009 10:49pm
by Le Piquant
g
Glenn
Joel Guzman and Lil Anne Zydeco Jam 5.24.09
Check out triple row virtuoso ( has got to be one of the most talented and creative diatonic players in the U.S. and is world class ).. playing Zydeco jam with Lil'Anne..and band .. filmed 5.24.09 I recommened seeing the whole thing.. G. http://www.youtube....
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2009 8:28am
by Glenn
Bravenet on iPhone?
Hello Braves, Is anyone using their iPhone to access this Bravenet forum as of late? Last time that I was in Chicot state park LA, I was informed by several participants about difficulties accessing Bravenet from thier phone. I wasn't sure if this was ev...
Views: 450   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2009 12:20am
by Chalane
my band playing, wild crowd, cheap chinese 3 row example
my band playing last week in douglasville GA we drove the crowd wild or, maybe they were wild to begin with :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdvxjDeFvQ4 and it;s me, singing in french this is also an example of a fairly good sound from an internally mike...
Views: 468   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 30, 2009 7:40am
by Peer
k
Karl
Help with cajun fiddle info please
Hi Braves, I tried to connect to gonecajun.com for some fiddle music downloads and was asked for a user id and password. To the best of my memory I never was required to register for this site in the past and wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem?...
Views: 447   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 29, 2009 11:21pm
by fiddler2007
Who did this tune
Who is this tune by,without the rap
Views: 733   Replies: 43
Last Post: May 29, 2009 10:18pm
by Le Piquant
Louisiana Folk Roots Cajun & Creole Summer Camp for Kids
Louisiana Folk Roots is thrilled to announce our second annual Cajun & Creole Summer Camp for Kids to be held Monday-Friday, June 22-26, 2009, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, at the Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion Street in downtown Lafayette. This coo...
Views: 488   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 28, 2009 6:44pm
by Jamey Hall
english to french translation
I got to thinking about a post I believe was from BN and realized his problem with the translation of the song Jongle a' Moi. I transcribed the english words of the song from the book Ye Yaille to the translator and this is what I got. Oh il fait mal ce qui ira...
Views: 354   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 28, 2009 9:06am
by Le Piquant
More Uses for Brett's Feet
Now we can all learn where those pesky chord changes go.
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2009 6:01am
by Chuck in Indy
A Few Videos to Watch - YouTube
Link 1: Ardoin Medley – Feet Triange – Vocals This is definitely a first for me. You always see people tapping their feet and moving all around, but what if you could capture that tapping in the music somehow. The old people stomped on the porch and it m...
Views: 949   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2009 11:01pm
by patrick O
j
Justin
For you Cajun Speakers
How would you say: "Hey, get out of your room and go get your food before it turns cold. Get the hose and go water those plants. I'm going to tell on you if you don't stop that. My dog won't quit scratching because of fleas." That's all I have for now,...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 27, 2009 12:14pm
by Bryan Lafleur
To all Veterans and Servicement (and women), past and present
To Bryan, Jerry, and everyone else who has served: Thank you our freedom.
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2009 10:59pm
by Bohemian
Cajun Radio
A buddy of mine sent me this link about a radio station in Abbeville called Cajun Radio. I am listening to it right now. It's cool so far. Here is the link: http://cajunmusicradio.com/?xgsi=1 copy it and past it. Le Piquant
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2009 7:19pm
by Le Piquant
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!