Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
BLONDIE "BON TEMP" FOR SALE
YES , EVACCORDION IS POSTING BLONDIE FOR SALE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL ACCORDION AND SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I WAS FACED WITH ALTERING IT TO FIT MY MUCH SMALLER HANDS ON THE BASS SIDE OR OFFERING IT TO SOMEONE WHO WOULD NOT NEED TO MAKE THE ALT...
Views: 574   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 10:05pm
by Evaccordion
Chords for Bonsoir Moreau?
I remember playing them on guitar at a jam awhile back, but for the life of me I can't recall the progression. I knew I would get a fast answer here. Playing on a C box.
Views: 796   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 5:34pm
by Darryl
p
Peer
And now for something completely different...
Some CRAZY one row melodeon music (a lot of it on a simple 114) from Ireland, in the step dancing competition 2008. See link #3, choose "Ceol-Cartlann" at the left,(Music-archive) and then the "Steip 2008" 1/11/08-option a bit more below. Some far out step dancing...
Views: 606   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 12:41pm
by Rick Reid
teaching pitfalls
i tried it with a couple of guys guy number 1 he just wanted to convince me he could already play which he could, a little but he would never learn never do anything i wanted him to try never actually learned anything from me then after we had to quit lesson...
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 11:13am
by Wilfred
Requirements for oline lessons. VERY IMPORTANT!
I don't know if I mentioned these things, and if I didn't, I apologize. Those who have expressed interest, please reply to this and let me know if this will work for you........ Everyone who wants the lessons absolutely must have: 1) FIRST AND FOREMOST!...
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 2:27am
by Jim Pettijohn
Suggestions for a smooth live webcam?
I assume technology has gotten so that webcams of today can be completely live without any gaps, eh? I don't have a Mac, so I gotta figure out a really good webcam to set up. Any ideas?
Views: 349   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 3:48pm
by Gus
slowdownwer
Ok, so what's the consensous on the slowdowner? And does it work on videos with music? Le Piquant
Views: 403   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 10:57am
by Bryan Lafleur
Big Nick - You will be tested within 6 months
Thanks for taking over the board from Mrs. Joanie. You will be tested on this board and I believe you will pass in fine fashion.
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 10:43am
by Rick Reid
j
JB
Steirische Harmonika playin' Wunderkind
OK, this is really not Cajun, but at least it's not politics: Went to WurstFest in New Braunfels Thursday night. Great crowd, great music and lots of Beer! There was an Austrian Band that had just played and their roadies were going around in the crowd with a Ste...
Views: 388   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 8:49am
by Ehren
Could use a little DIY advice, please.
I just got a really nice Lee Begnaut C box... in generally excellent condition. In shipment it looks like the stops got bent a little and there is an annoying air leak from the join just above the flappers and below the stops... maybe centered just below where th...
Views: 654   Replies: 22
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 8:28am
by soundhound
slowdownwer
OK, so what's the consensus on the slow downer? And does it work on videos with music? Le Piquant
Views: 346   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 11, 2008 3:57am
by nout
g
Gary
Musicians Earplugs
I'am starting to loss my hearing in my left ear with tinnitus, my ears are getting pretty sensitive. My question is does anyone here use musicians earplugs? And if so are they worth the money? Load music for to many years Link:1
Views: 603   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 4:27pm
by Gary
g
gus
petite et la grosse creole version
Seems to me that the creole version of this tune like J Delafosse plays, is more similar to the "flammes d'enfer" than f.e. the Mith Reed/Robert Leblanc version. How come? do we, at the end, all mix up tunes, bridges et cetera? Your opinion please? Maybe we shou...
Views: 440   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 3:16pm
by Gus
Cajun Accordion Volume 1 AND Brochure are now ready to ship
Hello Braves, I had wanted to complete a 24-page brochure and include it with the "Learn Cajun Accordion Volume 1" (FOR BEGINNERS) DVD. So, the brochures are now ready! I've included a lot of text from my on-line sessions in the brochure because many peop...
Views: 663   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 2:31pm
by Ron A.
w
WF
Update: Youtube copyright infringement
My vids are being removed from Youtube and my assumptions are correct based on the message below. Notice the area in pink. I guess Jo-El isn't too happy about the video postings. For all those posting stuff, this is what to expect if rules aren't followed....
Views: 666   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 11:11am
by Johnny Ace
L'anse Grise goes to Eunice via two step
Finally consider my first accordion finished, logo and new hardware. Link #2 shows the logo, but not the hardware. This videoing is great practice for one of my biggest problems, playing in front of somebody, I get just as nervous in front of a camera as I do a...
Views: 580   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 9:53am
by David # 3
Self-Promotion 101... Buy My CD!
My layers of humbleness have been peeled away by other Braves promoting their bands and wares, so... my debut CD is now available on CDBaby.com (link #3) or you can download individual tunes through iTunes. The CD, "Sound Bites" by my band, "T-Richard & The Zydeco...
Views: 439   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 12:09am
by Rick Reid
Listen to my new demo CD
You can listen to the 4 songs we recorded last week at link #1.
Views: 479   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 9, 2008 5:35pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
n
nout
Saulieu sessions 2008 - 2007
Some one asked about the Saulieu sessions 2008 and 2007 on the tube, so in case you missed them: links above - Nout
Views: 532   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2008 2:01pm
by Meloderon
n
nout
Best Practice slowdown - free ware
Shopping for audio slow down freeware for a student i came across a good one: Best Practice 1.03, see link #1, and it's absolutely free, and without dirty catches like f.i song surgeon; this one they say first that it's freeware, but after installing you'll find with...
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2008 9:55am
by nout
Looking for Mr. Good Gregg
Anybody know Gregg from Dallas who was at Balfa Camp? I got his e-mail at Festival Acadiens, and now I can't find it. He's a great guy who, like me and Charlie and Cary, started playing in January, and I'd love to get ahold of him, so I'd appreciate his contact i...
Views: 469   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 7, 2008 12:07pm
by nicole
Cajun Accordion DVD - Volume 1
Braves, Over the past year, I've faced a few production challenges including: - Experimented/bought/returned different cameras, lighting, back drops - Switched to a new video editor program from one that was too “buggy” - Purchased a newer compute...
Views: 688   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 5:18pm
by Jamey Hall
How much is something like this really worth?
See Link #3. This old 114 has been well played over the years. Even if it just for parts, how much should something like this go for? Probably needs bellows tape, waxing, tune-up, etc. The new 114's go for $600 at Savoy. Might be a neat project to work on. A candidat...
Views: 604   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 4:25pm
by Peer
And now for something completely different...
Scroll down to "le portable sans engagement" and practice your French -- the commercial is from that very country!
Views: 600   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 2:30pm
by Nout
l
Leslie
folk music and history
Folksongs are just that...songs about the important events of the time that spauned the song. Take a look at some songs from the Dust Bowl era, Leadbelly's Bougouis Blues, and the plethora of 60's war related songs. I take this new spate of songs to be the next layer...
Views: 518   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 2:14pm
by Nout
HA 114 being offered
I have a like new 114, four stop keyed in C that I do not need. Very little used and still in the original Hohner box. Box is in poor condition. Still contains the original instruction book, warranty card and care instrucions. It is quite old but does have the plast...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 6:15am
by Joe Sonnier
My True Love
This is not about my personal matters, but about a song I know from the Balfa Brothers. I use a version from Kermit Venables to learn it. Yesterday I also heard a similar song from Joe Falcon. I'm trying to play this song on the accordion and I find it a tricky one....
Views: 530   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 8:47pm
by larry english
Ducet Accordions
Is there a thread around here somewhere about Ducet accordions?
Views: 557   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 5:49pm
by Le Piquant
g
Glenn
Falcon C and Hohner Corona IIIR on ebay
I've listed a couple boxes which might interest fellow braves.. Thanks for looking.. Glenn
Views: 524   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 1:14pm
by Glenn
e
Ed
Boat Band
I found this an interesting group. who is the accordion player? hope you enjoy it.... Ed
Views: 666   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 11:40am
by Meloderon
How practical is this?
I've got an old Hohner Venezia two row from the 30's tuned Bb/Eb. It is decorated for Christmas, with a snowy pattern on lavender bellows tapes and green bellows papers printed with holly leaves and berries. Bb/Eb works nicely for Christmas carols etc, but isn't a ke...
Views: 505   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 11:25am
by Capt. Everett
The late great Cajun Accordion Discussion Page...
Ten years ago, I started the grandfather of this Site -- The Cajun Accordion Discussion Page. It was a lot of fun, although this place is 100 times better thanks to Joanie. The "Page" was much more anarchic though and it served its purpose, which was to begin a wor...
Views: 633   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 8:24am
by JoanieBlon
And while I'm at it...
This is a humor piece, but it is 100% true. And it isn't political, just cold, hard facts. I'm neither read nor blue -- I'm red, white and blue with a little bit of green tossed in, same as five generations on my father's side and back to the Mayflower on my mom's.....
Views: 683   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 4, 2008 3:47pm
by Rick Reid
Hell, why not!
My turn to enjoy a good song
Views: 761   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 10:53pm
by Le Piquant
Doucet
Someone else's misspelling threw me. Got the threads now.
Views: 395   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 7:15pm
by Chili Bean
w
WF
Whoa...Time Out! No more politics!
Ok, i think it's fair to say in behalf of most Braves here, no more political stuff and personal attacks. This isn't the place for it. Let's get to more related issues such as good ole' Cajun music. All in favor say: "Viva La Accordion!" WF
Views: 499   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 6:30pm
by Justin
t
tommee
lez yackin & mo dancin...
Hey, I dident make this video, but I got ta play the accordion...
Views: 520   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 3:49pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Anyone connecting accordion mic with an XLR cable?
I am curious if anyone is using and XLR style connector and cable for their accordion mics. So far, all my accordions use guitar jacks. The only problem I have had is on rare occasions stepping on the cable and having it come out. I am getting ready to put an...
Views: 533   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 1:27pm
by DP Mandell
Living Legends?
Just wondering, who do ya'll think of as living legends right now? Growing up in Basile,La. some musicians from here were considered cajun music legends while still alive and playing. Nathan Abshire, Dewey Balfa, Ally Young, Bois Sec Ardoin to name a few. I can think...
Views: 632   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 10:45am
by Jon Melancon
Ganey - video editing recommendations?
For Craprosoft? I'm seriously considering going the way of the Mac. Well, I can dream anyway!
Views: 406   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 10:03pm
by Jim Pettijohn
j
JB
ASD
OK, I downloaded the Trial for the Amazing Slow Downer, and it works pretty well. On the Pitch Change, it does not indicate what key you are in as you go up and down the tones. Does the Real Version do this for you? How do you know when you have moved from C up to D...
Views: 539   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 12:39pm
by Big Nick
LBR cd preview
Link #2 has previews of the songs on the Lost Bayou Ramblers new cd "Vermillionaire". Sounds like a keeper. I really like those guys.
Views: 594   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 8:21am
by blue norther ste...
Donne Moi Mon Chapeau
Was just trying to find a few songs that are UP-tempo and real dance magnets for our bands 2009 playlist ...and more importantly, ones which this poor distant Aussie squeeeeezer can handle technically. So..I stumble across Geno Delafose doing Donne Moi Mon Chapeau...
Views: 449   Replies: 20
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 6:04am
by Bryan Lafleur
H114 surgery final report
Just finished retuning the newly reborn H114 (Couillon). It is a lot louder, and although better response, still not as responsive as I had hoped. But the tone is definately different. Nice old fashioned ring to it. I found when retuning it some reeds were very sl...
Views: 525   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 6:02am
by Bryan Lafleur
j
JB
Justin C., are you interested in a free accordion?
Justin, I won't be at the Jam at Fiddlers Green on 35th St. today, but if you can find a way to be there in 2 weeks, I will give you an accordion, as I mentioned to you at the Hurricane Ike benefit. It's just a Chinese imitation Arrietta and it leaks a little, but...
Views: 442   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 7:13pm
by Capt. Everett
g
Glenn
Mint Black Falcon C for sale
will be selling here ( or listing on eBay Sunday evening ) a mint condition Falcon in C ( black ). am accepting offers.. I have photos.. GLENN ( P.S. I have two of these, one I'm keeping )
Views: 629   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 11:26am
by Glenn
Couillon boucherie update
Well, with nervous excitement, and not a political thought anywhere near, I got the reeds waxed in and the accordion put together. Despite some valve's in need of adjusting, and probably releathering, it sounds good. It's not a huge difference in response, but some...
Views: 523   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 9:46am
by John Roger
jam
Bryan and Mike and other Braves my wife and I will be in Ville Platte Saturday night camping out. If there's a jam in the area or other reasons to get together and play some Cajun music let me know. If there isn't and who would like to play Saturday I can be reached...
Views: 326   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 9:10am
by Bryan Lafleur
Show 'em to me... Song
I think I'll add this song to my roster.. (link #1)
Views: 534   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 5:22pm
by nout
Our recording session for demo went well
Here's a clip of our Jolie Blonde (#1), Choupique (#2)& Flammes d'enfer (#3). We ended up recording ourselves. Constructive feedback welcome..:-)
Views: 556   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 5:02pm
by blue norther ste...
Something Else to Argue About...
Here's the long list of entries for the Cajun/Zydeco Grammy. The top 5 vote-getters will become official nominees for the 2009 Grammy. I'll reserve comment except to say that I don't know how you can vote on some of these albums since they haven't even been relea...
Views: 720   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 11:31am
by Capt. Everett
n
nout
creole french book online
hi y'all, came across this probably German book on Creole and French-Creole terms & language. it seems the contents are online too .... (link#1) - nout
Views: 498   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 12:45am
by Rick Reid
w
WF
Sorry! No more Rendez-vous des Cajuns on Youtube
For those of you who kept up with my RVdC postings, it seems that YouTubers have reported my postings as copyright infringement. See below on what I received in my email: I received several of these related to several of my vids. Who knows...maybe that person...
Views: 651   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 6:44pm
by neal
m
MarkS
Evangeline Made John Fogerty Diggy Liggy Lo
I have learned this song, but there is part I cannot figure out how it is done, and I really do not know what you call it. If you listen to the song it occurs first during the 1st B part, sounds like a lot of notes in succession. You will hear it again in the 2nd A...
Views: 508   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 4:00pm
by wilfred
To butcher a H114
Well, curiosity got the best of me. I have an old Hohner 114(le Couillon) that sits idle mostly these days. I had done some modifying/experimenting on it before to make it more playable as the one I was learning on. Having found someone, I believe, who could put i...
Views: 572   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 12:09pm
by Bryan Lafleur
r
Rusty
Babies !
Here's a couple more of my most recent babies... I'm loving this stuff !!!
Views: 619   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 12:05pm
by Rusty
Tascam CD-VT2
Does anyone own or have information on the Tascam CD-VT2 Trainer? See above Link#1. Does this product allow you to slow down the speed and change the key of a CD, without distorting the pitch, as they claim in the ad? How does it do on making vocals clearer? The...
Views: 398   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 5:14pm
by David Sousa
So here's one for ya'...
I have a new accordion on the way. Builder? Key? Wood? I would tell, but then I'd have to...well, you know.
Views: 587   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 2:12pm
by Ganey Arsement
Cajun From Churchpoint
Don't know why we look like oil paintings in this video, that's just the way it turned out The Cajun From Church Point
Views: 573   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:45pm
by randy4u
bush bashers
I really get some bad feelings when anyone, but especially non US citizens, bash my president and in turn attempt to diminish our pride in our country. There is no place for that here. I have not seen anyone bash France or Holland or Belgium here. Maybe you don't re...
Views: 615   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:39pm
by randy4u
l
Lwslie
Jam attendance problems, need help/ideas
I have been hosting jams primarily at my house but lately attendance has left us with one instrument unrepresented. I am wondering how to keep people interested and coming or how to get the small groups in our area (SE Wisconsin) together for larger gatherings. I sen...
Views: 400   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:29pm
by randy4u
w
WF
RVdC: Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qPsWeq5Ow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFylVmuhlg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpRUM9mYx0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20gKNMLCos Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. 640480 Song: E...
Views: 515   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:24pm
by randy4u
Texas Cajun Music Scene
For all the folks located in Texas, Go to link # 1 and check out the "Musicians" pull down menu. This is an almost complete list of every band in Texas, listed alphabetically, with City of Residence, Genre, Phone, & Website. Under the "T's" you will find T-...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:07pm
by randy4u
Fingers curved or flat?
We might have discussed this before, but here goes anyway. I was playing rhythm guitar at a gig a couple weeks ago, and I noticed that the accordion player had his fingers flat instead of curved, which surprised me a bit. I have always curved my fingers and hand,...
Views: 547   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 12:20pm
by gus
Bon Cajun C for sale
I saw this on the Zydeco EZ board and thought I would pass it along. I don't know the seller or anything about the box. the link is #2 above.
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 8:32am
by Johnny Ace
Political talk will probably end...
The pressure leading up to the general election are causing the recent emotions here. I expect things will revert to a more normal state afterwards. Of course there will be all the celebration/mourning in the days afterwards (perhaps for the next 4 years for some)....
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 9:13am
by Capt. Everett
Zydecozity Radio Holland
Ar the website www.zydecozityradio.tk I like to open a page with this question: If you look at the websites of European Cajun and Zydecobands,they always mention bands from the USA that inspired them. Now so many USA bands have been playing at the European festiv...
Views: 761   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 8:17am
by Piet Ribbers
How to convert media/video files?
My new "slow motion" program, SloMo Director (which I LOVE), only plays MP3,.wmv, and .avi files, but my RealPlayer that I use to record videos off YouTube, downloads them as .flv files. How do I convert .flv to to .avi? Thanks, Jamey Hall
Views: 292   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 10:53pm
by Nout
Larry Miller Mesquite Bb For Sale
I have decided to sell my Larry Miller Bb. Link#1 should take you to Photobucket... Bb is a key a find I rarely use ... I'm holding on to my LM C & D. This was built for me of Mesquite in 2006 - looks really similar to walnut (IMO)...red leathers...red on the p...
Views: 540   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 6:01pm
by Doc Marc
Politics, Religion and such....
Despite being a drunk and an awful driver, my grandfather managed to pass along a few pearls of wisdom. One of them is to never discuss politics among friends or co-workers. Since I consider this a place for friends, I will never express my thoughts or opinions re...
Views: 689   Replies: 25
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 10:16am
by Capt. Everett
U-Tube Zydeco
No matter what your political persuasion, this is great music by some of our best friends. The person who owns this establishment says it was 3.5 days "from idea to internet." Enjoy.
Views: 1555   Replies: 61
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 7:53am
by Justin
d
Darryl
Bees Wax
We have a gig on Saturday ..two sets starting at 4.00 pm thru to 6.00 pm....hottest time of the day unfortunately!! Max temp for the day is looking like 38C ( over 100F )...dry sunny heat...low humidity. Naturally we'll take maximum care with ourselves and all...
Views: 513   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 25, 2008 3:35pm
by nout
We are finally recording our first demo CD next week
Wejust finished a rehearsal. Next Wednesday, we'll be recording a demo with 4 songs: Choupique Tante Aline Jolie Blonde Flammes d'enfer On a different note, I'm finalyzing a new composition on the fiddle that I decided to call "Bear Market Waltz". This will g...
Views: 450   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 24, 2008 12:28pm
by neal
trying this again* New Camera, New videos
second attempt: Using my new Canon digital photo camera to take videos and it works pretty good. For some reason youtube made one of the videos pretty dark, but you get the idea. I'm just really happy with the sound quality, especially compared to that old piece o...
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 24, 2008 6:24am
by Ganey Arsement
n
neal
Wilson Granger: Bayou Chicot Waltz
With Nathan Abshire's Pinegrove Boys in the early 50s. Robert Jardell does this one on one of his CDs. "Pill" was fiddler on some recordings by Iry Lejeune.
Views: 430   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 5:36pm
by neal
n
neal
Cliff Lemaire & the Kaplan Swingmasters: Rodailler !
Link 1 is a song from a group in the late 1940s in the swing style, featuring the fiddle and the steel guitar. Neighbors in Kaplan just told me they only remembered him as a car salesman. The lyrics are the familiar themes about a jug au plombeau, un quart dans la...
Views: 501   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 4:39pm
by nout
By the way, I'm looking to buy a C box
My learning curve is coming along nicely on my D box. Really enjoying the accordion. Can hardly wait till I find my accordion......Accordion!....... Are you out there? Where have you been all my life? What took you so long?
Views: 412   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 4:18pm
by Glenn
n
neal
Lawrence "Blackie" Fruge: (Pe)tit Mamou
Early 1950s. That's another name in contrast to Big Mamou. There was Little Mamou to the south. Not just Iota but further down to Evangeline and even Mermentau/Midland, from what Terry Clement told me.
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 2:32pm
by neal
j
JB
A Couple of Similar 2-Steps
Does anyone know of a CD that has the Scott Playboy Special (Or 2-Step) on it, with lyrics being sung? Likewise the same for Midland 2-Step? Thanks in advance! JB
Views: 515   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 1:35pm
by Chili Bean
Festival Acadien
I was just wandering if any body out there in Brave Land had any thoughts about Barry Ancelet changing the name by adding et Creole. I think it is ridiculous and a bit insulting. Festival Acadien did not imply that it is a festival for Cajuns. To me it meant all fren...
Views: 649   Replies: 38
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 7:10am
by Le Piquant
n
neal
Tan Benoit: Gueydan Waltz (Chère Bassette)
I think this was also recorded with Nathan Abshire's Pinegrove Boys in the early 1950s. Tan was how we shortened a lot of names that ended with the letters -ton-. Like Milton (milTAN), Alton (alTAN), Weston (wesTAN) etc. Don't know this fellow's actual first name.
Views: 473   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 8:46pm
by neal
n
neal
Nathan Abshire & the Pinegrove Boys: Hathaway Two Step
Early 1950s. Hathaway is a little town midway or so between Jennings and Elton. Home of a very ancient form of the Mardi Gras riders' rituals. Roy Fusilier and the Mamou Hour Cajun Band used to play this a lot on Revon Reed's KEUN radio show. Later became the bas...
Views: 479   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 7:23pm
by neal
Missing text in recent messages
Hello Braves, I think I see why some text is getting deleted in some recent messages. It seems that if you use double-quotes around a word, select Preview Message, and then select Make-Changes, your message will get truncated at the occurance of the first d...
Views: 462   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 4:23pm
by JB (at work, sup...
d
Darryl
Return to the Good Old Days
Subject: MESSAGE FROM H.M. THE QUEEN To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yours...
Views: 698   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 4:19pm
by Rick Reid
Yes sir Nick, it's all missing
text, so were the videos, I'll try again later....
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 3:27pm
by Jim Pettijohn
New camera, new videos
Using my new Canon digital photo camera to take videos and it works pretty good. For some reason youtube made one of the videos pretty dark, but you get the idea. I'm just really happy with the sound quality, especially compared to that old piece of garbage..... An...
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 3:25pm
by Jim Pettijohn
n
Nonc D
Back in the Saddle
Un froze that stinking shoulder and got the tears healed up! After 13 very agressive wks of PT, the left arm is now responsive and I am working again. Still have about 35 % diminished strength yet to build on, but it is good enough to do what I need for now. Ti...
Views: 550   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 6:04am
by KMenier
Ole Red Thumb
Anyone else get a red thumb that stays that way for days, even if you don't play those days?
Views: 571   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 2:07am
by Jim Pettijohn
t
Toby
OK?
Anyone here from southeast Oklahoma?
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2008 9:43pm
by Toby
d
Daniel
Trill Problems
Does anyone have any advice on Trills. having some issues
Views: 546   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 21, 2008 9:40pm
by Toby
Festival Acadiens: the good, the bad, and the brain-damaged
I don't know how to write a little without writing a lot, and Lord knows I need to get to work, but I'll try. The Good: Seeing Walter Mouton at La Poussiere in Breaux Bridge, the Lost Bayou Ramblers & Pine Leaf Boys at the Blue Moon, Jesse Lege & the Lafayette Rhy...
Views: 711   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 3:12pm
by Rob Krumm
KRVS/Liberty
Is anyone getting the Steve Riley at the Liberty broadcast tonight? I am getting dead air. Bummer!!
Views: 538   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 10:38am
by Justin
Andrew Cormier visit to Austin
What a pleasure to hear Andrew Cormier play yesterday in Austin at Charles Thibodeaux's benefit for Hurricane Ike victims. Other braves were there, such as JB and Justin. Mr Cormier's Creole playing style has a smooth elegance to it retaining that wonderful driving r...
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 8:52am
by Capt. Everett
j
John
Cafe Chaud lyrics
Might anyone out there have the lyrics to Cafe Chaud? (Leroy Broussard,Racines etc..) Thanks in advance for any help!
Views: 676   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 5:11am
by Marc
n
nicole
DBCC Heritage Week
Hey, for those who were at Festival Acadiens, was there any info at the LFR stand about when registration will open for Balfa week 2009? I just can't wait... Nicole
Views: 447   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 19, 2008 8:50am
by Rob Krumm
Why Festival(s) Acadien(s)?
Something I never figured out is... Why do they call it the Festival acadien "Festival Acadiens" (plural with an "s")? As far as I know, there is only ONE festival?
Views: 531   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 19, 2008 8:04am
by Peer
Mon Petit Canon anyone?
Anyone willing to break this one down for a youtube? Great song
Views: 367   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 19, 2008 3:27am
by nout
j
JB
Bflat Guitar chords
Can Anybody give me an idea of the 3 basic guitar chords needed to rhythm with a Bflat accordion. Hopefully, no Barre Chords, if possible. Barre chords are difficult for me, since I have Vienna Sausage fingers. For you Europeans, Vy-ennies are the Staff of Life... S...
Views: 422   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 19, 2008 12:32am
by JB
w
WF
SNR: Diamond Back
Diamond Back on Swamp N Roll. 640x480 Song: Allons a Lafayette. Song: "Evangeline Special" Waltz Enjoy! WF Diamond Back on Swamp N Roll. 800x600 Song: Allons a Lafayette. Song: "Evangeline Special" Waltz Enjoy...
Views: 500   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 19, 2008 12:14am
by Marc
j
Justin
Seconding on fiddles
Bonsoir tout le monde, On some of my absolute favorite songs there is a second fiddler, such as Chere Bebe Creole (particularly by Feufollet, never heard Dennis' version (or any of Dennis' music for that matter, his CD has been checked out from my library here on...
Views: 454   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 12:00pm
by JB
Festivals Acadiens et Creoles 2008 photos
See link #1 for some great photos by Andrea Rubinstein. You will recognize several "bravers" in the pictures. Enjoy, DP
Views: 575   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 7:38am
by Peer
Seriously ~ Who Will Design Our Shirt ??
Really ~ Should it have an accordion on it? should it have a picture of one of the "GREATS" on it? This would be a great idea to help us identify one another, in case we happen to be at the same event and I would also love wearing a CAJUN shirt...
Views: 635   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 9:41pm
by Evaccordion
Cajun culture on youtube
Almost 15 minutes about cajun history. I love to watch it, but for the braves from Cajun country it's normal.
Views: 534   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 1:15pm
by Jon Melancon
e
Ed
Back Again
About a month ago I put link to my accordion playing of "Johnny Can't Dance". I've worked on the tune since then and would like your opinion of what it needs now. There are no Cajun teachers where I live, so I'm asking you to help out. Its not where I want it to b...
Views: 639   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 8:41am
by Ed
Pics from Ray Abshire, Courtney Granger and André Michot tour in Sweden
Hi ! At link #1 above, there are som pics from the short swedish tour by Ray Abshire and friends last week. We had a great time and they made a great success among us swedes. One of the shows will be broadcast on swedish national radio in late november, also avail...
Views: 499   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 2:01am
by CajunSwede
Acadian Metal Corners
I know the best way to answer this question is to call up Marc or Tina directly but I'd prefer not to have to deal with him telling me he can't just sell me the metal corners. Does anyone know who he buys them from? I'm looking for the exact same type of metal co...
Views: 716   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 9:00pm
by DP Mandell
Here's a little learner link
My local teacher showing me Diggy Diggy Lo.
Views: 592   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 15, 2008 2:26pm
by DP Mandell
Anyone interested in a Bouchard accordion?
I ordered an accordion from Andre about a year ago and it's been ready for a few weeks. I just cannot seem to come up with the funds to pay it off, I owe about 2k on it. I admit if I could sell a few of my fiddles I would have this accordion payed off, but no such lu...
Views: 845   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 15, 2008 8:50am
by Ganey Arsement
n
nout
biiiiiiiiiiiiig
we had a little chat about big fat piano accordions, especially one owned by cory ....... her's a show stopper for ya' : -Nout, PS the guy ion the piccy is not me, scouts honour!
Views: 601   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 1:25pm
by JB
j
JB
International Accodion Festival
For those of you who like diversity in Accordion Music, the International Accordion Festival here in San Antonio is the place to be. See Link #1. Charles Thibodeux did a super job, as usual, of representing Cajun Music. despite a new knee replacement, he play...
Views: 349   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 9:21am
by Capt. Everett
Festivals Acadiens
If you can't make it to the festival, log on to krvs.org to listen to the live broadcast.
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 2:17pm
by Le Piquant
The Dutch way...
Downtown Cajun Band Des Fais Do-Do featuring a few braves A nice mellow version of Jai Été au Bal It was fun.... Wilfred
Views: 535   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 6:50am
by Wilfred
Balfa Camp Songs
Me again. I've seen references her and there on the board, but I wonder if we could get it all on one page. Does anyone know what the Balfa Camp learning songs were for, say, the last 5 years? Thanks very much. C.
Views: 435   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 7:18pm
by Chili Bean
I finally rented Little Chenier
It's been in my NetFlix queue for a long time, but I finally watched "Little Chenier" last night. What the .... ?!?! Was it supposed to be a "Cajun" movie? I've been to Little Chenier before -- I have family in Cameron Parish -- they're very rootsy folks --...
Views: 659   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 6:25pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
Looking For a New Forum Manager
I've hosted this forum for quite a few years now. Due to my current inability to monitor and maintain it properly and respond to emails in a timely fashion, I've decided that it's time to turn the reins of management over to another person. I'm hoping that this p...
Views: 773   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 6:19pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
w
WF
RVdC: Jo-El Sonnier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKunQgDBjyU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbbc1Xdf8wM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FtMud611hc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XYhznEmL_Y Jo-el Sonnier with special guest Joel Savoy and Terry Huval on Rendez-vous Des...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 2:36pm
by WF
Jude Moreau accordion
I ran into a person....that knows a person... that says they have a Bon Temps accordion made by Jude in 1991. Has he been at it that long? If that is true congratulations Jude for a long career in accordion building! Kurt
Views: 572   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 9:42am
by Chili Bean
A message from the new management :-)
Bonjour! First of all, thank you all for your enthusiastic welcomes! As the new Forum Administrator I’m not planning any big changes outside of a new header-photo from time to time. The fact that the Forum has passed the test of time is testament to...
Views: 676   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 11, 2008 4:13pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
n
nout
tree
is that a red pine tree? from here i can't really see ... nout
Views: 497   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 11, 2008 12:41pm
by JB
Very nice pictures
Good job Mr.Nickel wilfred
Views: 544   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 11, 2008 9:49am
by Big Nick
Bb Cajun King
I saw the post on link#2 on the Zydeco EZ board above and thought I would put it here in case anyone is looking for a Bb Zydeco box. I don't know anything about the particular box or the seller.
Views: 509   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 6:21pm
by Evaccordion
Chili Bean, any luck finding your first love??
Any accordions in site? I sent you a facebook message. Let's chat on there
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 4:42pm
by Chili Bean
What a deal!
beginner's starter kit! Buy a cheapo accordion and get a cheapo fiddle too! http://lafayette.craigslist.org/msg/864890367.html
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 2:42pm
by Randy
n
nout
German Cajun Music Instrume ...
Obviously they play Cajun in Germany too, link #3, on an unfinished accordion, probably a failed conversion? ..... nt
Views: 626   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 2:41pm
by Cory P. McCauley
Curley Maple Accordion for sale
I have a handmade Larry Miller, Curley Maple, key of "C", single row accordion for sale. It has less than 50 hours of playing time on it and is still "brand new". I have the hard case, strap, instruction book/CD, and a Dirk Powel DVD. Asking $2000 or any serious o...
Views: 603   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 2:30pm
by Randy
other songs like Jambalaya
Yes I really do love "Jambalaya" and I know that it sounds great on the cajun box I know that Nick uses "the wildwood flower" on his site to teach with and I like that a lot... Anyone else know any songs that sound good with the cajun box ? that a little...
Views: 634   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 1:37pm
by Randy
Braves get together at Festival Acadiens?
Hey Braves! Oughtn't we get together somehow at the Fest? I'd like to be able to attach some faces with the names, but not sure how we'd be able to recognize each other in the first place. I'll be a 6'2" slim guy with a tattered straw hat, maybe some orange su...
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 1:23pm
by Jude the Obscure
Dutch Folkgroup searching for a drummer
Alternative diesel drum-machine on link#2
Views: 405   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 1:15pm
by gus
How's the weather in Lafayette?
Still fantasizing that I could buy a plane ticket and go to Festivals Acadiens et Creole.
Views: 432   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 1:03pm
by Randy
Back of Town
I put two movies on youtube with some slow versions of the Back of Town Two-Step. Some posts ago there was some writing about that beautiful tune from Octa Clark. I hope that it's a bit useful and I hope that I can learn from the pro's on this forum. Link#2 goes t...
Views: 542   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 10:50am
by meloderon
How come?
Why is there only one style of hardware?
Views: 573   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 10:39am
by Chili Bean
Somebody still looking for Hohner base spoons?
A while back someone was looking for hohner base spoons, I can't find the thread. I just made a base box for my old HA114 (le couillon) to give to a friend and have 2 good(well, kinda good) Hohner spoons and springs if anyone needs them.
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 6:11am
by Bryan Lafleur
Darryls question - How many hits on the site?
Hello, To answer Darryl's earlier question about how many hits that this site receives, here are a couple of graphics. The information was taken on Oct. 8, 2008. Merci, --Big
Views: 528   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2008 5:08pm
by Darryl
Still Looking C box
Thanks to the multitudes, or multi dudes who have offered me accordions in the key of Black. I know you must think I am so superficial, that I don't want your boxes. I just don't picture myself with a 'tit noire at this point in history. Maybe it has something t...
Views: 549   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 9, 2008 9:08am
by Capt. Everett
Curley Walnut not Maple - oops
The message I posted yesterday reference a Curley Maple Accordion for sale was incorrect, I slipped and typed Curley Maple when it should be Curley Walnut. Sorry for the confusion, I was looking at photos and wasn't paying attention. The accordion I have for sale i...
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2008 11:46am
by John Murphy
Newbies and Lurkers...Get on the map
It's much better to be on the map than off the map. Let us know where you are so WF can get you 'On the Map' It's like a show of hands. Are you out there? There are only so many emoticons, and I have a feeling there are more lurkers out there than that.
Views: 556   Replies: 26
Last Post: Oct 7, 2008 11:43am
by Chili Bean
Lyrics Two Step de Eunice?
Savoy Doucet from Live at the Dance with Ann singing. If you know them and want to share, appreciate it. Merci.
Views: 476   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 7, 2008 4:29am
by Miklos Nemeth
learning while you sleep
I know you have all done this... I went to bed last night after practicing with D. Powell (I'm just getting his first basic tune down with out any trills) and anyways....It played over and over in my head and in my mind I could see my hands doing the exercise...
Views: 450   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 7, 2008 12:28am
by Rick Reid
b
BJ
Wilfred
Hi Wilfred, Great vid. My e-mail keeps bouncing it back when I reply or contact you afresh. Is it your problem or mine? BJ
Views: 444   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 5:37pm
by meloderon
j
JB
Best Jam Yet to Date: Austin Texas, Fiddlers Green, Oct 4, 2008
Captain Everett, Kenny Tweedy, Sam, Charles Thibodeux, myself, all on accordion, & Lois on the fiddle, got together last Saturday. Kenny suggested that we pick one song and continue to play it around the circle until everybody could do that piece in an acceptable fa...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 4:57pm
by Capt. Everett
d
David
New Pic Please!
I do enjoy looking at the cornucopia of cajun instruments up there, but it has been up there quite a while. Lets get some variety up there a litte more often. I'm sure there are plenty of braves out there that want to share pics of their accordions. -David
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 3:11pm
by JoanieBlon
g
Glenn
Cajun 45's on eBay
Huge lot of well worn Cajun 45's.. for the vinyl hound in ya's... ends soon. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370089976843&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123
Views: 600   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 2:57pm
by Capt. Everett
SOURCE FOR NEW 45's
www.floydsrecordshop.com
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 2:24pm
by neal
r
Randy
looking for tabs cajun accordion
Does anyone have the tablature for the song by Rodney LaJeune called Donney moi Lais? Would love to learn to play this song on cajun accordion
Views: 746   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 2:13pm
by Randy
n
nicole
Back of town two-step
All those of you who where in Dirk Powell's class last camp learning the Back of town two-step: how is it going for you? Is it coming along? I don't play it exactly like Dirk showed it to us, the little tricks with the pinky are giving me trouble, so I sometimes...
Views: 537   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 1:01pm
by nicole
j
JB
Dogs Playing Accordions
Check out Link # 1. Big Lou sounds like a hoot. Rick will especially like the selection, ' Is Anything Better than Beer?' JB
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 11:40am
by Rick Reid
Opinion about rubboard?
Not: Whether or not it belongs in cajun music, but rather, does anyone have a favorite or any experience with them. Is bigger better? My mom plays drums in a little jazz trio and my sister also plays guitar, and shakers etc. So, we have to get one or two for the...
Views: 492   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 4, 2008 11:33am
by Capt. Everett
Simple Tune of the day in the key of A or D?
Does anyone have a tune they could send me? Pick a tune any tune. I'm going to be so ready when I get that C box.
Views: 470   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 9:19pm
by Chili Bean
Got to get this girl to play Cajun
Don't know how many of you know about Ruby Jane Smith (link #3), but at 13 years old, she is one hell of a fiddler (and much more). She and her mom moved to Austin last year. I need to get this girl playing Cajun music. Trying to get her and Charles Thibodeaux togeth...
Views: 570   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 8:41pm
by Jim Pettijohn
g
Glenn
Boxes for sale
I have the following for sale.. and wanted to tell braves before I list anywhere. All prices include UPS or FED Ex shipping from Italy. All boxes are previously owned and come with money back guarantee if not as described. Photos available on request. 1. Since I h...
Views: 666   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 6:57pm
by Nate
Aucoin's
Hi Ganey. I see you are playing tonite. I wish I could just drive down the road and check it out. In what capacity are you playing this evening? Have fun! See you later.
Views: 409   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 12:44pm
by Ganey Arsement
i) "Law-fee-et" Vs. "Laugh-fyet"
So what 's the deal. Who says what and why? Are there any precautions or contraindications?
Views: 520   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 8:02am
by JB
Need opinions on digital video cameras
I have no clue how to shop for a digital video camera, or any video camera, for that matter. What is a good one to record an accordion with. I need something that doesn't clip or distort. Everyone seems to be using Mac books that sound and look perfect, but I'...
Views: 368   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 3:01pm
by bryan lafleur
Mon Vieux Wagon
Hope you like it.
Views: 457   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 10:57am
by meloderon
m
mjp
Newbie - Again
Hello, A born-again newbie, here as I was (a newbie also) back in the Tommy Q forum days in 2001. I've been actively lurking for several months having picked up my Bon Cajun C again and am recutting some teeth on it here in Western NC. I enjoy reading all the po...
Views: 498   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 7:02am
by Evaccordion
Economy and Handmade La/Tx Boxes
What has been your experience given the economy the way it is here in US? Are the handmades going down in value or going up? Just curious to know. Bruce
Views: 536   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 9:08pm
by Bruce Weeks
Lyric question
I really hate to ask this of this esteemed panel but I have just taken up singing (believe it or not) and I am having a hard time finding some lyrics. Other than the Ann Savoy book, which I own, is there a place on the web that is the be all and end all for cajun lyr...
Views: 421   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 8:37pm
by Bob O'M>
Festival Acadiens?
Who's going? I posted this question a couple weeks ago, and the silence was deafening. Surely there's some Braves heading thataway. If you've never been, what are you waiting for? It's the best, especially if you're an out-of-stater. An incredible line-up, b...
Views: 506   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 5:35pm
by WF
Balfa Toujours playing Valse de Platin
You've got to watch this great interpretation of Valse de Platin on link #2 with Dirk Powell (accordion), Courtney Granger (fiddle & vocals) and Christine Balfa (guitar). Awesome!
Views: 497   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 4:55pm
by nout
THE LEFT HAND
Just getting started and using the lessons with Dirk Powell... using the left bass side...I am having a little difficulty reaching the two bass buttons and then coming back for the air release button..I know I am not suppose to be using the air button yet. but...
Views: 644   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 2:05pm
by Peer
Thanks to Jamey
Hello to eveyrone, I would like to thank Jamey Hall for all the help he has been to me in the last few weeks. I was the one that bought the Falcon in C from him and not only is it a great accordion I got chance to talk with him and he is a great guy.He gave me good...
Views: 425   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2008 9:30pm
by Jamey Hall
HELP / PICKING AN ACCORDION STRAP
HI YES , I AM ONE OF THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE THAT NEED A STRAP FOR MY NICE NEW J. MOREAU CAJUN ACCORDION. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS THE BEST KIND ...IS ONLY ONE STRAP NEEDED? I KNOW SOME PLAY W/OUT A STRAP ...BUT I KNOW THAT I AM GONNA WANT TO STAND TO PLAY ......
Views: 623   Replies: 24
Last Post: Sep 30, 2008 8:04pm
by Evaccordion
t
Tyler
I'm a Newbie! -- Uneven volume bass vs. treble on an Acadian
Greetings all.. I have lurked here for quite a while and am posting for the first time. I am in Kansas which is a desert so far as Cajun music and food... urrrrrgh ! So I really enjoy this place! Kudos to those responsible! I do have a question for you all. I h...
Views: 523   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 11:31pm
by Thane
Robot
Are this kind of instruments ever used in Louisiana ? Here they used it in dancehalls for 60 years ago and earlier. See with link#2
Views: 457   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 10:48pm
by nout
w
WF
RVdC: Choupique
Choupique on Rendez-vous Des Cajuns. 640x480 Song: L'anse Meg / Midnight Playboys Special. Song: Cherokee Waltz. Enjoy! WF Choupique on Rendez-vous Des Cajuns. 800x600 Song: L'anse Meg / Midnight Playboys Special. Song: C...
Views: 458   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 6:22pm
by WF
e
Ed
Feed Back on Video
I have just posted my version of "Johnny Can't Dance" at link #1. Never have done any thing like this but would like to have your comments on it. What I need to do to get to a better Cajun sound as I am far away from Louisiana. I apologize if this comes at a b...
Views: 675   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 5:43pm
by Miklos Nemeth
Junior Martin's wife?
Does anyone know how Patsy is? I don't know her myself, but a friend of mine asked about her, said the last she heard she was sick, but he lost touch with them.
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 9:21am
by Jamey Hall
I just posted new clips of me on YouTube...
This afternoon I recorded "Lapin dans son nique" (link #1), "Flammes d'enfer" (link #2), "Grande Mamou" (link #3), Bosco Stomp and Allons à Lafayette which you can pick up from there... As you will see by yourself, these were recorded totally off the cuff, non e...
Views: 581   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 9:00am
by Maz Acadien du N...
Bonsoir Moreau
I think Mr. Harlan Johnson been holding out on us. Check out link #2. Nice job guys.
Views: 533   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 7:24am
by meloderon
C box wanted, needed ASAP
Thanks to the Braves who have offered accordions recently. Hopefully there are still more out there. I like colors, I like traditional, I like features, accessories. I am open to all makes and models of LA/Texas built boxes. I have some preferences, bu...
Views: 512   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 2:46am
by DP Mandell
The Wall Street Waltz
lol. Came up with this song today on the G accordion. Putting the lowest of the low at work. New song, so it's very rough around the edges. Barely skeletal. Try and listen through the horrible distortion if possible. New Original
Views: 489   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 8:10pm
by Gary
c
Claude
"Kyle" at the Maritimes
Maz, J'espere que vous aller etre epargne a Halifax. Bonne chance. Claude.
Views: 441   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 7:16pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
My progress with Jolie Blonde on the fiddle...
I'm a little embarassed, but what the heck, here it is with my version of Jolie Blonde on the fiddle which is obviously still work in progress. Link #2. I recorded 6 songs this afternoon which I am posting right now. More to come.
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 7:00pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
Martin vs. Acadian
No, I'm not going to put'em together in a jar and shake it to see if they'll fight. I noticed the buttons on the Martin seem, hmmm, springier. Harder to push down, but snap back up quicker (as if I could actually measure that). I was thinking about adjusting the...
Views: 567   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 6:40pm
by CB
g
geo
new to the music
looking to start is the hohner ariette worth the money cant seem to find anything else on the web thanks
Views: 513   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 11:23am
by geo
Isn't this a great blog to escape it all?
Over here, it is so peaceful... There's no economic crisis, no democrats vs. republicans or conservatives vs. liberals, no wall street bail-out bs, just sweet, plain talk about music and accordions with people who share this passion... Just a thought before I go wat...
Views: 488   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 9:25am
by Bryan Lafleur
So, I was fishin'...
and I almost got this big beautiful fish in the boat. It was a perfect fish, had all the features I was looking for. When all of a sudden a big ole bayou alligator came up out of the water and snatched my fish! Communication breakdown....
Views: 350   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 9:23am
by Bryan Lafleur
FS: Fiddle with case and bow....
I've got to clean house a bit to pay off a few things on order, and I need to sell one of my fiddles. I purchased it from Xuantro Wang, who is one of the best luthiers in China right now. His daughter came to the music store I work at with a couple of violins, and ou...
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 3:27am
by buttonbox
j
Joey G
Fiddler around Lafayette
We have a few guys that get together sometimes in Carencro on Thursday nights. We are kinda looking for someone who plays fiddle to come hang out, drink copious amounts of beer, and maybe even play a few songs. Jon Melancon, who also posts here is pretty much our l...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 9:52pm
by Joey G
Chris Miller:
Hey, I was wondering what your band is called. Do you have recordings for download anywhere? I heard your version of "In the Pines" and was really impressed!
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 4:20pm
by Maz- Acadien du ...
Shipping
Thanks Nout! For your reply in the other thread. I've been advised by some folks that ship accordions US to and from Canada, that if you ship UPS, the package is more likely to get, taxed at the border. They have recommended US Parcel post. I think I looked it...
Views: 441   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 1:01pm
by DP Mandell
How to record on webcam?
I lost the wire that connects my regular Kodak camera to my computer. That's how I recorded the clips I posted on Youtube 2-3 years ago. I do have a webcam and would like to try recoding a few clips... I'm no big techy. Is there a basic free sofware I could download...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 12:57pm
by meloderon
g
Glenn
The Mysterious B flat
NPR story on B flat and its relationship with alligators and black holes. Off topic.. but still part of the big picture.. :) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7442915
Views: 647   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 5:59am
by craig
j
JB
Spring, Texas. Who's Playing There? And If Not, Why Not?
Anyone been to this shidig? See link # 1. Hopefully, they have more than some Country Bands butchering their "own" rendition of Jolie Blon and Grand Mamou. Ten Times. Between bouts of The Chicken Dance. That seems to happen alot at Texas-style Crawfish Boils/Gum...
Views: 430   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 26, 2008 4:28pm
by Rick Reid
For the Record...Who Do You See Doing Hurricane Relief Work?
I'm t talking about FEMA (that's our tax money at work) Red Cross (stand in line for a voucher) or Salvation Army (is there a mountain of clothes in the parking lot?), I want to know which independent groups and faith-based organizations do you see assisting residen...
Views: 520   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 26, 2008 1:27pm
by Bryan Lafleur
mojo and the bayou gypsies, free in atlanta friday night
this guy is kind of nutty - i might make a field trip downtown to see him usually he centers around chicago, if am not mistaken wle. === Mojo & the Bayou Gypsies - Marriott Marquis 265 Peachtree Center Ave 2 shows: 6:00 – 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM...
Views: 374   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 5:31pm
by larry english
d
Darryl
I Got A Camel
Well...help me out here guys and gals..our band's about to try out Boozoo's " I Got A Camel " classic Zydeco song. Heard it on KBON and just can't get it out of my mind. Trouble is...I not only don't understand the whole theme of the song, but , in typical Boozoo...
Views: 987   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 2:31pm
by Rick Reid
Photos of Ike's aftermath...
Check out link #3 for a big collection of photos of the damage from Ike. Several places I recognize and know well. Just terrible. Capt. E
Views: 465   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 10:23am
by Capt. Everett
Is this Chere Ici, a Bois Sec version?
Hello all! Can someone help me "name that tune" again? I have what I think may be "Chere Ici" (a Bois Sec version) but I'm not sure! Does anyone recognize this (admittedly poor sonic quality) recording? Thanks! --Big Nick
Views: 534   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 9:43am
by tommee
Big Dance in Chapel Hill TX this Saturday Night
We were booked to play the CFMA dance in Houston this Saturday night, but due to hurricane Ike the hall no longer has a roof. Whereas; be it known that our good friend Brian Marshal, disapointed as he was, orginized a replacement dance Whereas; the town of Ch...
Views: 471   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 8:51am
by Dowell Lafleur
b
brian
acadian accordion
was searching on ebay and saw an acadian for sale. just thought I'd post it where y'all could check it out. link 1
Views: 766   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 5:40am
by nout
e
Ed
Video Recording
I would like to ask what video recording equipment do you use for home videos ot YouTube? This subject came up early this week in a posting but probably needs a main subject on its own. I hope there is some way to have lessons or feed back from accordion teach...
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 3:33pm
by Greg in KC
Jamey Hall...
When you gonna put up some pictures of the new D? Also, check your email!
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 8:57am
by Jamey Hall
b
Blair
How is Rosie Ledet doing?
Has there been any more news on how Rosie Ledet is doing? She'd been hospitalized with malignant hypertension, according to a post about a month ago here. Sure hope she is doing better! Blair
Views: 587   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 10:07pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
My Sincere Condolences
My sincere condolences to Cory McCauley and all of his family on the death of his mother, Miss Lou, who was a wonderful lady.
Views: 707   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 9:58pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
after IKE
After being "cut off" from home, I am very humbled to see all the posts about the storm, and the concern for me and my family, and all of us from this area. I have been back since Wed. to help get our plant ready to come back to life ( small rubber plant in Port Nec...
Views: 561   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 3:42pm
by David # 3
Bon Tee Cajun "D"
I am the original owner of the accordion, built in 1998. I need help to establish the value as I am going to put it on the market soon. The condition is pristine as new. I may have played it a total of five hours since I brought it home from the dealer. It has never...
Views: 670   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 11:20am
by Capt. Everett
Festival Acadien de Clare
I would like to invite anyone in the area to please join Chris Miller and Bayou Roots and The Pine Leaf Boys at the "Fais Do-Do" weekend at the Festival Acadien de Clare in Little Brook, Nova Scotia, Canada. I know Maz will be there (he actually bringing us from Hali...
Views: 587   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 11:14pm
by new search engin...
n
nout
D
hi y'all, i'm looking for a D 10 keyer, preferably a honking one made by Jr.Martin - maybe some one knows some one etc ..... ? -regs, nout
Views: 536   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 1:27pm
by Rick Reid
e
Ehren
Cajun on the Paul Pepper Show
Well, we got on tv...I screwed up a few times, but I got through it. Link #2. Any suggestions or comments? Hope you cajun folk approve. Ehren
Views: 681   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 12:49pm
by Evaccordion
Festivals in Austin Area
Check out the International Accordion Festival in San Antonio October 11 and 12 (link #2) Charles Thibodeaux and the Austin Cajun Aces will be a featured performer (link #1) The next week is the String Band Festival (link #3 above) run by "Austin Friends of Tradi...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 12:07pm
by Peer
j
JB
Austin Cajun Scene
Capt. E did not mention it, but we had a killer jam in Austin last Saturday. Had Lillian & Ken on Fiddles. Capt. E on Mandolin & Occasional Accordion. Kenny T. on Accordion, Vocals & Harmonica. Sam on Occasional Accordion. Bill Rosenthal and Charles Thibodeux o...
Views: 394   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 10:35am
by Capt. Everett
w
WF
RVdC: Errol Jenkins and Louisiana Traditions
Errol Jenkins and Louisiana Traditions on Rendez-vous Des Cajuns. 640x480 Song: Love Sick Waltz Song: Eunice Two Step Enjoy! WF Errol Jenkins and Louisiana Traditions on Rendez-vous Des Cajuns. 800x600 Song: Love Sick Waltz...
Views: 540   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 21, 2008 4:25am
by Peer
Bryan Lafleur, Superstar
Check out these new YouTubes (Links #1 and #2) from our very own Bryan Lafleur. Then weep when you realize this guy's only been playing two years! I think the music's been in him a long time, and just busting to come out. And somehow in that two years, he's also f...
Views: 675   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 1:26pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Benefit for victims of Ike
We are trying to put together a benefit here in Austin for the victims of Ike, with a Cajun emphasis. If you are interested in helping contact Charles Thibodeaux at link #1 above. Thanks for everything everyone is doing to help. Capt. E
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 3:25pm
by Capt. Everett
g
gus
for bryan, Rick, eva and others
you might have seen this before? This is thrilling.... Gus
Views: 624   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 8:36pm
by Toby
d
Darryl
Ike Update
Any news on Jude, Ed and Roland and many others? We've been getting the news back here in Australia and it looks real bad down around the Texas and Louisiana coast. Friends of ours down Cameron Parish way had a storm surge with 4 feet of water in their property a...
Views: 543   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 12:46pm
by Rick Reid
g
gus
if the accordion is too expensive
There is the cajun harmonica see link # 1 Gus
Views: 633   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 6:18pm
by Evaccordion
Jude Moreau
Just got off the phone with Jude. He and his family are safe. They are staying with his Nanny in Opelousas. He went home to get his crawfish, and is heading back. He says it may be six to eight weeks before they get their power back on.
Views: 627   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 2:55pm
by Blair
john roger
John Roger please email me....ken
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 2:44pm
by kenmkboy
Cajun Music to LEARN by
I have been trying to find some Cajun music to start getting that "saturation" started... finally found a very good selection at Barnes and Nobles... I'm not sure that I picked the right stuff...I found one of Jo-el Sonnier and another one that I liked that see...
Views: 597   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 8:28pm
by Evaccordion
What do you think of these mandolins?
For the mandolin connaisseurs out there, what do you think of these models#brands? Alvarez on link #1, Michael Kelly on link #2 Vintage on #3
Views: 425   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 10:56am
by Capt. Everett
Falcon sold
I was a push of the "Enter" button away from listing on E-bay when a fellow Brave called about the accordion. Really, literally within 5 seconds of having finished the description, pictures, terms, etc. of my very first listing on E-bay. How's THAT for timing? N...
Views: 452   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 11:58pm
by Jamey Hall
n
nout
reedblock question
Hi, i guess this subject has been discussed before, but does anyone has any experience with the use of different lacquers on the interior of LA accordion reed blocks? In piano accordions you'll find them varnished occasionally. - This because i have a nicely flamed...
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 4:56pm
by nout
WAY off topic - Cajun dialect
Anybody ever see an old Russ Meyers movie, Mondo Psycho? There.a a character that's supposed to be Cajun (from Lake Charles) , but it's a riot to listen to. Sounds like every bad French accent you've ever heard - nothing 'Cajun' about it. I also love how the soundtra...
Views: 552   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 11:42am
by Bryan Lafleur
a
Andy W
9 button box
Anyone played a 9-button box? If so, what is your opinion? I very rarely see any for sale or their merits or weaknesses discussed. I have to admit that I don't play the No.1 button - can't reach it very easily with small hands. Regards Andy
Views: 651   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 3:58am
by Glenn
n
nicole
bass side spring
Yesterday, while my daily music session with the husband on guitar, there was a sudden click on the bass side, and then, no more tension. We opened the box, hoping that the spring had just fallen, but it is broken. It's kind of surprising, I have had this accordio...
Views: 454   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 7:59pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Hohner C for sale
I'm passing this on for a friend of a friend named Frank who has a Hohner single row in C for sale at $250. His email is dalton@vet.upenn.edu I don't know any more about this so contact him dirctly. enjoy.
Views: 501   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 11:01am
by Maz Acadien du N...
Ally Bain/DL Menard/Blackie Forrestier video?
There used to be a YouTube video that had these 3 playing The Back Door, but they took it off. I loved Blackie's playing, and was learning from it. Anyone here have it? As far as that goes, I'd love to have the movie itself. -Jamey
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 11:00am
by Maz Acadien du N...
h
Hal
Eva: Ariette to loan out
ANYONE GOT AN OLD ARRIETT LAYING AROUND THAT IS KICKED AND BRUISED ( BUT STILL ABLE TO SQUEEZ A FEW NOTES OUT OF?) .....THAT THEY WILL SEND TO ME FOR A FEW PALTRY PENNIES????? Replies: Eva, do you still need an Ariette to borrow? I have one lying around I will...
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 8:28am
by Evaccordion
To Peer: Mamou Two Step
Hello Peer, I put together this video this evening. It's my version of Mamou Two Step. I guess the tune has more "singles" than I had remembered. It seemed to me to frequently return to "home" positions that are octaves. This is also an experiment in s...
Views: 540   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 5:39am
by meloderon
Hey, that fer ain't so petite! (back me up Russ)
I am the happy owner and player of a Larry Miller 'tit fer (triangle) and a Don Montoucet as well. They each have a distinctive sound and are both like a living thing once you get to clankin' on 'em. Well, Richard Newman, whose furniture making artistry has been h...
Views: 515   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2008 8:10pm
by Russ Roberts
Ohhhhhhhh ...BABY...... I'm Soooooo EXCITED and I just cant fight it!!!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ??? EVACCORDION FINALLY MADE UP HER MIND!!!!! Yes I DID find the right FIT for me today... Got me a nice BLONDIE accordion.....wow and it is sweet! Doin the Happy Happy DANCE!!!!
Views: 722   Replies: 30
Last Post: Sep 12, 2008 3:28pm
by Capt. Everett
n
nout
Lost on Spanish Trail
Hi. Since i tried to analyse & notate some of the more interesting Cajunestic melodies for a fiddler-who-reads-music (they exist!) i'm teaming up with, i came a cross quite a few nice tunes. - F.i Ron sent me OST Special as Mp3 from Aldus Roger, found it really gr...
Views: 491   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 12, 2008 9:13am
by nout
Festival Acadien - in just one month!
For y'all that have never been - JUST COME! There's no way to really explain it to you - but I'll try: People come from all over the country and the globe for the best music, dancing, and food on the planet. Lots and lots of joy. If you're strapped for cash (may...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2008 8:55am
by Jamey Hall
g
Glenn
Doucet Accordion
I learned from the seller that the D CAJUN built by E.Doucet had been played by many Creole and Zydeco jam sessions by some of the greats : ". . . Morris Ardoin, Dexter Ardoin, Cory McCauley, Bois Sec Ardoin, Jo Jo Reed, and Keith Frank's Grandfather --Paul Frank...
Views: 642   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 12, 2008 8:52am
by Glenn
Pulling the rod what holds the keys in
My sticky treble button ain't gettin' any better, and it's driving me nucking futs. I've determined it's the little block that the flapper rod is attached to, so to get to it, I'll have to pull the rod that all those little blocks ride on. It's button #6, so I'll h...
Views: 526   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 10:11pm
by Jamey Hall
The Tracy Schwarz Cajun Trio Red Album
Hello all, Just wondering .. Last time that we were at Floyd's Record Shop, we picked up some "bargain basement" cassette tapes for $2 a pop. (What a deal!) One of the cassettes that I purchased was "The Tracy Schwarz Cajun Trio" or "Red Album" as Trac...
Views: 589   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 5:26pm
by Gus
Bisonoric, Diatonic and the Cajun Accordion
Hello all, Whilst researching information regarding the Cajun Accordion, I came across this information. Maybe it will be of some interest to Bravenetters. The Cajun accordion (at least in position #1) plays a Diatonic scale. The Diatonic scale is a sev...
Views: 597   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 3:30pm
by RPr
p
Peer
Mamou Two Step
I have just (re)discovered Mamou Two Step by Lawrence Walker. Great tune! It's in two keys, and there's some nice twin fiddling too. I can play the bare melody with no problem, but not much more - because that's all I hear him do. I don't hear him playing many (if a...
Views: 614   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 2:24pm
by Peer
Hurricane Ike?
Probably too early for anything definitive, but looks like Ike is headed on a course that would side-swipe S. Louisiana and slam se Texas coast near Beaumont/Port Arthur. Hope it doesn't re-strengthen much. I love going down to Crystal Beach on the Boliver Peninsu...
Views: 496   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 12:01pm
by Rick Reid
C Falcon w/ Salpa reeds for sale
This is one of Randy's early models with Salpa reeds (which sound fantastic, BTW). A fiddle-playin' friend of mine told me Randy made it for him in the late 80's. I remembered when he showed up with it in about '89. I just got it back from Randy (who gave it a cle...
Views: 1053   Replies: 30
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 10:38pm
by Jamey Hall
In Need of Opinions from Cajuns...
My father-in-law (New Jersey born) played football on a scholarship for NSU in Natchitoches in the late 1950's. He made a couple of Cajun friends on the team, and stays in touch with one guy in particular. (look out, here comes the controversy!) My father-in-la...
Views: 672   Replies: 35
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 10:02pm
by Gene Losey
AN AD TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE????
THEY ALWAYS SAY If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.............?? A hand built acadian with purple heart wood for $1250 here is the link http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/830358793.html
Views: 778   Replies: 29
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 8:19pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
w
WF
RVdC: Briggs Brown and the Bayou Cajuns
Briggs Brown and the Bayou Cajuns. 640x480 Song: Scott Playboy Special Song: Blues de Popcorn Enjoy WF Briggs Brown and the Bayou Cajuns. 800x600 Song: Scott Playboy Special Song: Blues de Popcorn Enjoy! WF
Views: 522   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 7:52pm
by new search engin...
Cajun in Kansas
Nice movie on link#2
Views: 520   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 4:55pm
by Tommee
a
Andy W
Elton Doucet Box on Ebay
Elton Doucet Box on Ebay. Seller is selling with a fiddle - $1500 for both. Anyone know this box maker? Regards Andy W
Views: 746   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 2:51am
by Glenn
attention Maz
Maz - were you thinking of seeing any of the Celtic Colours concerts? My wife and I will be on Cape Breton Island for several days. If you're thinking of attending, please shoot me a line: maybe we could meet for dinner and a little Cajun jam. One of the show's w...
Views: 483   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 6:26pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
What do you guys think?
Here's a couple local craiglist items. I thought maybe Maz might be interested in the mandolin....And I'm curious if the violin comes across as a basket case.
Views: 534   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 6:12pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
Funeral arrangements for Bruce Daigrepont's parents
Wednesday, Sept. 10, there will be a wake for Miss Jean and Mr. Albert at Schoen funeral home, 3827 Canal Street, 6-9 PM with a prayer service at 9 PM. Thursday, Sept. 11, there will be service at Hixson Brothers funeral home, 445 W. Bontemps St., Marksville, L...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 1:30pm
by jp bruneau
Guess I have to sell my Falcon C...
Family stuff means I have to go to Tokyo and pick up three cats, two guitar amps, a recording studio inventory and a ton of clothes, CDs, books, etc. This is going to cost me in the neighborhood of four large. As a new state worker, my salary doesn't begin to cov...
Views: 819   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 11:15am
by Chili Bean
DOES THE RUBBOARD "GO" WITH CAJUN MUSIC?
DOES THE RUBBOARD "GO" WITH CAJUN MUSIC? JUST WONDERING about this as I know that it goes with Zydeco.... anyway..how much difference is there in cajun and zydeco...and dont they kind of mix together? oh my see how Green I am
Views: 558   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 8, 2008 1:46pm
by Greg
Suggestions for a beginner's waltz, please?
Hello all! Well, I'm rekindling my "Way Beginner's Cajun Accordion lessons" DVD and am looking for some suggestions again My target is non-musicians that would like to learn a few basic tunes on the Cajun Accordion. Of course, I'd like to include a wal...
Views: 581   Replies: 32
Last Post: Sep 7, 2008 10:03am
by Claude in NY
n
neal
Fernest Arceneaux Passes On
Sad news! See link 1.
Views: 456   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 6, 2008 10:43pm
by Jamey Hall
New student accordion purchase.
Many months ago I expresed an interest in learning the accordion. I was given great advice from the ccontributers here. Since then I have moved three time and changed jobs. Now that I am finally settled, I would like to aquire a cajun or quebec accordion (key of C...
Views: 521   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 6, 2008 8:01pm
by Maz Acadien du N...
w
WF
RVdC: Sheryl Cormier and Cajun Sound
Sheryl Cormier and Cajun Sound on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. 640x480 Song: Love Bridge Waltz. Song: La Pointe au Pain. Enjoy! WF Sheryl Cormier and Cajun Sound on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. 800x600 Song: Love Bridge Waltz. Song...
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2008 6:30pm
by WF
l
leslie
Baton Rouge hit hard by Gustav
My brother in Baton Rouge called to tell me the family is OK but that the area is pretty messed up with alot of trees down and damage to houses due to trees. He couldn't travel too far, powerlines down and roads covered with trees. They were in the east eyewall and h...
Views: 479   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 6, 2008 6:30pm
by Kirk M
Community is everthing
Community is everthing. My heart goes out to all affected by this "little" storm. The media focuses on N.O. almost exclusively. Same thing happened with Katrina, the extent of devastation in Mississippi wasn't talked about enough. I guess it is predictable. I never k...
Views: 521   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 11:12pm
by JB
g
Gus
seems they had not too much damage in Lanse Grise?
Seems Lanse Grise didn't suffer too bad. See link # 1 (or check the Lanse Grise website) Gus
Views: 494   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 6:44pm
by Rick Reid
Holy Southern Comfort!! Looters/Natl. Guard Shoot Out In Ville Platte!!!
See link number one. On another, sadder note, BD Fontenot's (Jacque's dad)house was hit by a tornado at 3am this moning along with CJ Landreneau's home. CJ is Adam Landreneau's son. I don't think BD was home at the time and think CJ is alright although two peopl...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 11:12am
by Cyprien Pascal M...
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!